‘I’m not worried’: Jose Mourinho reacts to Chelsea FC transfer ban being lifted

Jose Mourinho has his say on Chelsea FC having their transfer ban for January lifted

The Sport Review staff
By The Sport Review staff
Jose Mourinho
Jose Mourinho (Photo: UEFA / Handout)

Jose Mourinho has insisted that he is “not worried” about Chelsea FC having their transfer ban for January overturned.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport halved the Blues’ two-window transfer ban on Friday, meaning that the west London side are now free to sign players in January.

Chelsea FC and Tottenham are amongst the teams pushing for a top-four finish in the Premier League this season, and given that the Blues did not sign any new players in the summer, they could well be fairly active in the new year.

However, Spurs boss Mourinho has insisted that he is not concerned about Chelsea FC’s transfer situation because he thinks they will struggle to find players better than what Frank Lampard already has at the club.

Speaking in an interview quoted by Metro, Mourinho said: “I’m not worried with that.

“First of all, I’m not looking to the distance we have to Chelsea. Between us and Chelsea there are still two or three teams, so you cannot look so high and so far in this moment.

“The second situation is for me that it’s not easy to get better players than they have – they have very good players.

“I don’t think even with a ban or even with a hypothetical multi-million budget to spend, I’m not very, very sure they can get much better players than they have.”

The west London side are now bound to be linked with a host of players in the coming days as the January transfer window draws nearer.

The Blues lost 3-1 to Everton at Goodison Park in Saturday’s early kick-off to allow Spurs to narrow the west London side’s cushion to six points thanks to their 5-0 win over Burnley.

Chelsea FC are currently preparing for their home clash against Lille in the Champions League on Tuesday night.

The Blues will then switch their attentions back towards Premier League affairs and their home clash with Bournemouth on Saturday next weekend.

MORE: Latest Chelsea news and views

MORE: Football transfer rumours and gossip

Jesse Lingard
Man United ready to sell 27-year-old midfielder – report
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (Photo: Screen grab)
Sky Sports reporter: Top 20-year-old wants to sign for Man United
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Man United told to sign 27-year-old striker ahead of Jadon Sancho
Jurgen Klopp
Liverpool FC tell Jurgen Klopp to sell 25-year-old to sign Thiago – report
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Man United wanted to sign 25-year-old Dutch centre-half – report
Paul Merson
Paul Merson: This would be an ‘unbelievable’ signing for Arsenal
Top 50 Muslim footballers: Arsenal, Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC and Man United stars feature
Top 50 Muslim footballers: Arsenal, Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC and Man United stars feature
Frank Lampard
Chelsea FC urged to sign quality 27-year-old this summer
Novak Djokovic is defending champion at the Mutua Madrid Open (Photo: Marianne Bevis)
Madrid Open cancelled in latest blow to 2020 tennis schedule
Paul Scholes
Paul Scholes rates Man United’s chances of winning the Europa League