Brazilian attacker breaks silence amid Arsenal and Tottenham transfer rumours
Malcom admits that he was keen on a move away from Bordeaux this January after links to both Arsenal and Tottenham
Malcom has admitted that he was keen on a move away from Bordeaux in the January transfer window after he was heavily linked with both Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur.
The Brazilian winger was touted as a potential target for both of the north London clubs as the Premier League outfits looked to try and bolster their attacking options in the mid-season window.
However, a move for the 20-year-old failed to materialise in the end as he stayed at the French club beyond the January transfer window.
It remains to be seen what the long-term future holds for Malcom at Bordeaux, but the attacker has now promised to give his all for the French club between now and the end of the season.
Malcom is quoted as saying by the Evening Standard: “It’s my dream to progress in my career.
“I spoke to the president, he told me that he knew it was my dream, but that he needed me.
“I told him he could count on me until the end of the season, I will do everything to help Bordeaux finish in the top six in Ligue 1.”
Arsenal ended up making moves to sign both Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in the January transfer window.
And Tottenham also bolstered their squad by securing the signature of Lucas Moura on deadline day last week.
The two north London sides are now preparing to do battle at Wembley in the Premier League on Saturday lunchtime as the race for Champions League qualification hots up.