Chelsea struggling to sign 26-year-old Brazilian this month – report
Chelsea's bid to sign Alex Sandro from Juventus this month is stalling because of the Italian club's asking price, say reports
Chelsea are struggling to reach an agreement on price with Juventus for the transfer of Alex Sandro this month, according to reports in the British media.
The Daily Telegraph is reporting that the Blues’ move to land the 26-year-old full back is “stalling” because of the Italian club’s asking price.
The same report says that Juventus are demanding a transfer fee of at least £60m for the defender, who Chelsea also tried to sign last summer.
That figure is reportedly more than Chelsea are willing to spend on one of their long-term transfer targets.
The same report says that Manchester United, Manchester City and PSG are all potentially interested in signing Sandro from the Italian champions.
However, Chelsea boss Antonio Conte would be left “dismayed” if Sandro ended up leaving Juventus and signing for one of the Blues’ rivals.
Left-back Sandro has scored one goal and made three assists in 13 Serie A appearances for Juve so far this season.
Chelsea, meanwhile, are currently preparing for the first leg of their League Cup semi-final clash against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night.
The two London sides played out a thrilling 2-2 draw at The Emirates in the Premier League last week.