Chelsea to sign 22-year-old soon, claims journalist
Chelsea are closing in on a move to bring Tiemoue Bakayoko to Stamford Bridge from Monaco, says Dharmesh Sheth
Chelsea are hoping to wrap up the signing of Tiemoue Bakayoko from Monaco “soon”, according to journalist Dharmesh Sheth.
The Blues have been heavily linked with a bid to bring the 22-year-old midfielder to Stamford Bridge as Antonio Conte looks to significantly bolster his squad ahead of next season.
However, despite all of the speculation, the Blues are yet to confirm their second summer signing, with Willy Caballero the only new arrival at Stamford Bridge so far this summer.
Now, report Sheth has delivered the latest update on Chelsea’s pursuit of Bakayoko as they look to clinch their second summer signing.
Speaking on Sky Sports News HQ on Tuesday morning, Sheth said: “They [Chelsea] have signed Caballero but nobody else. That could change soon.
“Talks continue with Monaco over the signing of Tiemoue Bakayoko. Monaco head coach Jardin admits that he is powerless from preventing his big players from leaving the club.”
Chelsea are believed the be on the lookout for a number of new signings this summer as Antonio Conte prepares for his second season in charge at Stamford Bridge.
The Blues are likely to want to significantly bolster their squad this summer as Conte prepares his team for a return to the Champions League next season.
The west London side won the Premier League title in Conte’s first campaign in charge at Stamford Bridge last term.
MORE: Latest Chelsea news and views