Chelsea transfers: Real Madrid will not bid for Falcao, says Mourinho
Chelsea transfers: Real Madrid boss says Los Blancos will not bid for Atletico striker Radamel Falcao amid interest from Chelsea
Jose Mourinho has revealed Real Madrid will not make an offer for Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao amid interest from Chelsea.
The 26-year-old scored both of Colombia’s goals in a 2-1 victory over Paraguay on Friday night, meaning he has now netted in his last seven games.
Falcao has already scored eight goals in six La Liga appearances this season, sparking interest from a host of top clubs including the Champions League holders.
But Real Madrid manager Mourinho revealed Los Blancos have not made an approach to sign the former Porto striker, and says a “non-aggression pact” is in place between the capital’s two clubs.
“Falcao is a key player of our rivals, as was Sergio Aguero, and there is a kind of non-aggression pact between Atletico and Madrid, therefore I think this is a kind of forbidden subject,” Mourinho told Abola.
“He is a fantastic player and I have a feeling he is a person of the highest level, and I am very happy he is having success at Atletico.”
Earlier this week, Diego Simeone insisted he is not concerned over Falcao’s future, with the Atletico boss confident the striker will remain at the Vicente Calderon Stadium.
“Radamel excites you,” Simeone told Rock and Closs. “All that happens with him is not accidental. He looks for things, he wants things and he trains to be the best.
“I think he knows that this is an important time and I am convinced that right now he is at a club that is stronger than any other.
“I am not thinking of when he will go. It’s like anything else in that you have to enjoy it, live it, and whatever else happens will happen.”