‘Cristiano Ronaldo doesn’t have Twitter! Yet…’
The Sport Review’s weekly pick of ten of the best ‘tweets’ from some of the sporting world’s biggest stars.
1. “Brilliant performance by Broad ..game turned on its head …outstanding”
David Lloyd plays tribute to England bowler, Stuart Broad, who played a crucial role in England’s first test victory over South Africa.
2. “Barca tied today with Villarreal at home…. Winning tomorrow we take the lead! Hala Madrid!”
Kaka is eager to gain top spot from bitter rivals Barcelona. Unfortunately for the Brazilian, Real drew 0-0 with Osasuna on Sunday evening.
3. “Today I was talking with Cristiano Ronaldo about twitter .. He confirmed that he doesn’t have twitter yet! So all that is out there are fakes!”
Kaka also clears up the debate over ‘official’ twitter account of Cristiano Ronaldo.
4. “I shall talk in the third person here…the Swannatron apologises for dropping a clanger this morning.”
Greame Swann apologises for a dropped catch in the first test though there is no real need after his nine wicket haul.
5. “I went to Brian Lara’s massive New Years Eve house party in Barbados, I had an amazing time”
David Haye spends his New Years Eve in illustrious company.
6. “For the record, I’m not anti United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or ANY other team. Even Birmingham City. I make honest points about what I see.”
Talksport’s Stan Collymore clarifies he has no favourites in the Premier League.
7. “I owe a fiver that I never thought I’d have to hand out, but I’m true to my word. Well done Leeds Utd once again.”
Mark Bright loses a bet after backing Manchester United to overcome Leeds United.
8. “First half was possibly the worst game in history. But second half we dug in. wow”
Darren Bent admits the first 45 minutes at the Stadium of Light wasn’t the best sporting spectacle you’ll ever see.
9. “Yet another test”
Serena Williams undergoes a mandatory drugs test on Christmas day.
10. “Got a message from my partner asking what colour my clothes are today… So we don’t clash in the doubles very important issue I think hehe”
Andy Murray leaves no stone unturned.