Antonio Conte sends open message to Chelsea fans about Eden Hazard
Antonio Conte says he is expecting to see Eden Hazard stay at Chelsea beyond the summer transfer window
Antonio Conte has suggested that it will be up to Eden Hazard if he wants to stay at Chelsea beyond the summer transfer window.
There have been widespread reports in the media in recent days suggesting that Real Madrid are plotting a big-money transfer swoop for the Belgian playmaker.
Hazard has established himself as one of the best attacking players in the Premier League since his arrival at Stamford Bridge from Lille back in 2012.
The 26-year-old has been in fine form for Chelsea so far this season to help Conte’s men establish themselves as the firm favourites to win the title this term.
It remains to be seen whether Hazard, who is under contract at Chelsea until 2020, will end up staying at Stamford Bridge beyond the summer.
But Conte has offered an open take on how he sees the situation as he sent a message to Chelsea fans about Hazard’s future.
Speaking at a news conference at Cobham on Friday afternoon, Conte said: “I think in a situation it’s always very important to understand whether it’s just speculation or if it’s true
“In this situation, what’s very important is the will of the player because if the player is happy and the player wants to stay at a great team with great ambition, I don’t see any problem.
“I think it’s very important to feel you are staying at the right place. When you arrive to be a top player then you want to fight to win, and to be competitive for every trophy.
“I think together we are building something important and we have just started our building work, we are putting the foundations in place. If we are able to win the league this season we are building an incredible path.”
MORE: The latest Chelsea news and views
MORE: The latest Chelsea player tweets
Chelsea are the heavy favourites to win the title this season and are also through to the FA Cup semi-finals.