Jurgen Klopp sends open message to Liverpool supporters about Philippe Coutinho
Jurgen Klopp remains quiet when quizzed about the speculation linking Philippe Coutinho with Barcelona
Jurgen Klopp has chosen to remain quiet about Philippe Coutinho’s future as the speculation linking the Brazilian with a transfer to Barcelona continues.
The 25-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to the Camp Nou in recent days as the Spanish club search for a replacement for Neymar, who joined Paris Saint-Germain in a club-record transfer.
Liverpool are reported to have turned down another big money bid for Coutinho last week, believed to be worth as much as £114m.
The player himself is also understood to have handed in a transfer request in a bid to force through a move to Barcelona.
However, the Liverpool boss decided not to comment when quizzed about the situation surrounding Coutinho at his pre-match news conference before the Reds’ clash with Crystal Palace on Saturday.
Klopp told a news conference at Melwood: “Nothing to say from my side. We have already said what we have to say. Nothing new.
“I have nothing to say about his attitude. He has a back injury. Medical department have no complaints.”
Liverpool have signed three players so far this summer as Klopp gears his team up for his second full season in charge at the club.
The Reds have signed Mohamed Salah, Andy Robertson and Dominic Solanke so far this summer as they look to mount a Premier League title challenge and also reach the Champions League group stage.