Insider gives very latest update on Philippe Coutinho’s Liverpool FC situation
Kaveh Solhekol delivers the latest news for Liverpool FC fans on the future of playmaker Philippe Coutinho
Philippe Coutinho is still “desperate” to sign for Barcelona from Liverpool this summer, according to Kaveh Solhekol.
The 25-year-old playmaker’s future has been a relentless source of speculation this summer amid reports that Barcelona are keen to bring him to Camp Nou as a replacement for Neymar.
Coutinho is understood to have handed in a transfer request at Anfield in a bid to try to force through a move to Camp Nou before Thursday night’s transfer deadline.
However, reporter Solhekol has claimed that Liverpool are remaining firm in their stance of not wanting to sell Coutinho before the transfer deadline.
The Sky Sports News reporter says that a final decision must now be made in the coming hours as the transfer window approaches its conclusion.
Speaking on Sky Sports News on Monday morning, Solhekol said: “Staying at Liverpool and we are told this morning that Philippe Coutinho is still desperate to go to Barcelona.
“That is the phrase that was used to us – ‘desperate’.
“Jurgen Klopp was asked about Coutinho on Sunday and he said that Liverpool’s owners had made it clear that Coutinho would not be sold.
“Liverpool have had no problems without Coutinho on the pitch so far this season.
“A final decision needs to be made in the next 72 hours. Keep an unhappy player – or accept a massive offer from Barcelona.”
Liverpool have made a strong start to the new season without Coutinho, having wrapped up victories over Arsenal and Crystal Palace following their draw with Watford on the opening weekend.
The Reds have signed three players so far this summer, after having brought in Mohamed Salah, Andy Robertson and Dominic Solanke.
The Merseyside outfit return to Premier League action after the international break when they take on Manchester City at The Etihad on Saturday 9 September.