Sport tweets of the week: ‘I’m off to find a pedalo!’
The Sport Review’s weekly pick of ten of the best ‘tweets’ from some of the sporting world’s biggest stars.
1. “OMG! There is a condom dispenser on the streets of paris? Am I being naÃƒÂ¯ve to be shocked? Wowzers”
Some Parisian street furniture catches Serena Williams by surprise.
2. “Just round Rory D’s house, embarrassing the poor lad on FIFA 10, just bagged another hat-trick with myself lol.”
James Beattie is in impressive goalscoring form.
3. “Beats never beats me on FIFA. Last game we played I believe ended 2-0 to me!”
But just minutes later, his opponent Rory Delap discovers the long throw button.
4. “Am I the only one heading eastbound on Jubilee line not to be wearing a suit?”
Jamie Murray is feeling under dressed on the London Underground.
5. “I think I’m in love with Rice Krispie treats.”
Laura Robson reveals the dietary secrets of a tennis starlet.
6. “I’m off to find a pedalo!”
Graeme Swann looks to celebrate England’s ICC T20 World Cup triumph -Flintoff-style.
7. “At my match today this guy’s phone kept ringing in the stands. Don’t know if that or the fact that he was 68 with a techno ringtone bothered me more.”
Andy Roddick left unimpressed by one crowd member’s mobile phone antics.
8. “Haters are just fascinated by your life.”
Ryan Babel hates the haters.
9.“Every time someone hates on you it’s just a cry for help.”
That’s right, he REALLY hates the haters.
10. “I’m alive. Fell face first and banged elbow pretty good. Xrays on the elbow were neg. Extremely disappointed not to be able 2 continue.”
Lance Armstrong reassures his followers after his Tour of California crash.