Wimbledon 2015: Rafael Nadal vows to bounce back from ‘sad moment’
Rafael Nadal insists he will not spend too much time thinking about his four-set defeat by Dustin Brown at Wimbledon
Rafael Nadal insisted that he will not spend too much time dwelling on his disappointing recent form after he was dumped out of Wimbledon by qualifier Dustin Brown on Thursday.
The two-time Wimbledon champion slumped to a 7-5 3-6 6-4 6-4 defeat by the German world No102 as Brown reached the third round of a Grand Slam for the first time.
The Spaniard has now lost in the second, first, fourth and second rounds on his past four visits to the All England Club – but the 29-year-old is remaining upbeat despite the disappointment of another early loss.
“At the end of the day, that’s sport – good moments, bad moments,” said Nadal. “Obviously today is a bad moment for me. I just need to accept these kind of things that can happen. I have done all my career. I will keep going.
“It’s not the end. Is a sad moment for me, as I said before, but life continues. My career, too. I have to keep going and working more than ever to try to change that dynamic.”
Nadal had only ever faced Brown once before, when the 30-year-old got the better of him at Halle last year.
He continued: [At Wimbledon in] 2012 and 2013, I told you before, I know I was not ready to compete well.
“This year I was ready to compete well, and I was playing well before the tournament. I had the right preparation – all the things I thought were going to be fine to play a good Wimbledon.
“I am not a person that will be thinking about it for the next two weeks. But obviously today it’s tough.”
Brown will next play Viktor Troicki, who beat Briton Aljaz Bedene.