Best Gym Gloves For Men 2023
A good pair of gym gloves can support your training and help you to get the most out of your sessions
Push through the pain and go for one more rep with our guide to the best gym gloves on the market at the moment.
We all know that working hard in the gym brings its rewards, and having the right equipment can help to ensure that you’re getting the very most out of your workout sessions.
In this article, we’re going to cover all of the main things to consider and bear in mind when shopping for a pair of quality gym gloves to support your workouts.
We’re also going to bring you our pick of five of the best gym workout gloves for men on the market at the moment to help you choose the right pair for you.
There are plenty of excellent options out there, with most good gym gloves offering at least some level of padding and grip to help you focus on getting the best out of your reps.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s begin taking a look at the main things to bear in mind when looking for a pair of gym gloves.
Gym Gloves – Things To Consider
Although they are designed to all provide the same basic function, not all gym gloves are created equal. There are a few things to consider when shopping around for the best pair for you, and we’ve summarised the key points to think about below.
• Design, Cushioning And Grip – Generally speaking, gym or weight lifting gloves serve a number of basic purposes. They can protect your hands while lifting heavy weights, provide more grip during your sessions, and potentially offer some wrist support during your reps. Most gym gloves feature a fingerless design with an adjustable wrist strap for a secure fit. The best options feature a durable, cushioned and grippy material on the palm of the hand. When picking gym gloves, you’ll want to go for an option which offers a good blend between durability and comfort. Another factor to consider is the breathability of the material the gloves are made from. Gloves featuring breathable mesh (usually on the back of the hand) can help to keep your hands ventilated and reduce the build-up of sweat.
• Size And Fit – Gym gloves are usually sold in four or five different sizes to fit the size of your hand. The exact size of the gloves varies from brand to brand, so it’s important to do some research and check size guides online before making a purchase. Most of the big brands will offer a straightforward sizing guide on their official websites, allowing you to measure your hand and select the correct fit.
• Style And Colour – Slightly less important to some people but a factor nonetheless is the look of the gloves. Most gym gloves come in black but some brands do offer other options colour-wise. Do remember that if you do decide to go for a lighter colour, they will likely show dirt and marks more quickly.
• Brand – Finally, it’s a good idea to go for gloves made by a trusted brand with a long track history in the fitness space. It’s also a good idea to check some customer reviews online to see what other people are saying about the gloves you’re thinking of buying.
Best Gym Gloves For Men 2023 – Our Picks
So, now that we’ve covered some of the main things to think about while shopping for a pair of gym gloves, it’s time to bring you our pick of five of the best options on the market right now. Most of the gloves shown below are available worldwide but be sure to check the delivery section of the official websites before making a purchase, as some companies only ship to certain countries.
1) Nike Ultimate Training Gloves
Where to buy: www.nike.com
The first product on our list are the Ultimate Men’s Training Gloves from Nike. Featuring a traditional fingerless design and coming in a black and dark grey colour, they feature a breathable mesh on the back of the hand to help with airflow to keep you cool. They have high-density foam padding on the palms to help protect your hands during heavy lifting and have a hook-and-loop wrist closure for a secure fit. Nike are one of the biggest sportswear brands in the world and these gloves, which come in four sizes, are a great option to help take your workouts to the next level.
2) Adidas Aeroready Training Wrist Support Gloves
Where to buy: www.adidas.com
Next up are the Aeroready Training Wrist Support Gloves from Adidas. These ventilated training gloves offer excellent support and good durability to help you push through your toughest sets. The palm is made from 100% imitation leather and the gloves have a mesh insert on the back of the hand to help with ventilation. The palm is also padded for cushioning, and finished with an anti-slip material for optimal grip. They feature a hook-and-loop adjustable wrist band and come in six sizes to help ensure that you can get a perfect fit.
3) Under Armour Weightlifting Gloves
Where to buy: www.underarmour.com
The Under Armour Weightlifting Gloves are designed to be both tough and durable, but also lightweight and breathable. On the back of the hand, they feature an opening to help keep your hands cool, with the back of the hand also featuring ‘Iso-Chill’ fabric to help disperse body heat. These gloves have a leather palm for protection and grip, and the elastic wristband with an adjustable wrist strap provides added support for your most demanding sets. They also feature perforations on the palms and top of the hand for added breathability.
4) Under Armour Training Gloves
Where to buy: www.underarmour.com
Also from Under Armour, the UA Training Gloves feature a similar spec to the weightlifting option shown above. These gloves use a textured, durable fabric on top of the hand and boast a leather palm for protection and grip. These are a lighter option than the Weightlifting Gloves above and do not offer the same wrist support. That said, these gloves feature an adjustable wrist closure for a secure fit with a pull tab to make it easy to put them on and take them off. These gloves, which come in black and are available in five sizes, are a great choice for those looking for a lightweight and durable option.
5) Bulk Lifting Gloves (UK and Europe Only)
Where to buy: www.bulk.com
The final product on our list comes from the UK-based fitness brand Bulk. The Bulk Lifting Gloves are a great value-for-money option if you’re based in the UK or Europe. Known for their fitness supplements such as protein powders and pre workouts, Bulk also offer gym equipment as part of their range. These fingerless gym gloves, which come in four different sizes, are padded on the palm for comfort and feature a wraparound wristband with a velcro fastening for extra support.
Anything Else To Bear In Mind?
Before making a purchase, it’s worth taking a look at what the care instructions say about the gym gloves on the manufacturer website. Some gloves can be machine washed at a cold temperature, but others cannot be put in a washing machine at all, so be sure to check this beforehand when it comes to keeping your gloves fresh and clean.
As we also mentioned above, it’s important to get your gym glove size right. Too loose a fit may result in uncomfortable rubbing, which could lead to blisters. Too tight a fit may make it difficult to get the most out of your sets. We strongly recommend that you carefully check the size guide provided by the manufacturer on the official website before making a purchase.
If you do happen to buy an incorrect size, most brands will offer a free exchange for unused gloves – but be sure to check the full terms of the returns, exchange and refund policy on the official website before buying.
Wrapping Things Up – Our Final Thoughts
So, that brings us to the conclusion of our guide to the best gym gloves for men. We’ve walked you through some of the key considerations to think about when it comes to selecting the right training gloves to support your workouts.
We’ve also picked out five of the very best options on the market right now when it comes to gym gloves. All of the gloves featured on this page are solid options, but the Nike Ultimate Training Gloves currently top our list.