Best Gym Gloves For Women 2022
We've scoured the market to bring you our pick of the best gym gloves for women available to help support your workouts
A quality pair of gym gloves can protect your hands and help you to push out one more rep.
The stronger you get and the heavier the you lift, the more benefits there are to having a quality pair of gym gloves to support you during your training.
As well as helping to protect your hands from wear and tear during lifts, a good pair of training gloves can also provide an extra degree of comfort to help you push through your toughest sets.
In this article, we’re going to bring you everything you need to know about selecting a pair of gym gloves to support you through your workouts.
We’re going to bring you the main things to consider before making a purchase, and also reveal our pick of five of the best gym gloves for women on the market at the moment.
Gym Gloves For Women – Things To Consider
Not all gym gloves are created equal, and there are a few things to think about before making a purchase. Below, we’ve summarised the main things to consider before shopping for a pair of women’s gym gloves.
• Cushioning And Grip – The main benefits of using gym gloves during your training is that they can help to protect your hands and also provide added comfort to help you push harder in your workouts. It goes without saying that wearing some protective gloves during training will help to protect the skin on the palms of your hands from the wear and tear associated with lifting weights and performing other exercises such as pull-ups. However, gloves can also provide extra cushioning and grip to reduce friction and make it easier for you to push harder during your sets. This is why it’s important to select a pair of gloves which provide good grip and cushioning as features.
• Size and Fit – It’s important to get the size of your gloves correct. Most brands will offer a range of different sizes from small to extra large. Before purchasing, be sure to read the manufacturer’s size guide – which is usually available on the brand’s official website – to ensure that your gloves will be a good fit. Gym gloves that are too large or too small can cause issues, so it’s important to select the correct size for you.
• Style and Look – Although most gym gloves for women feature similar designs and usually come in darker colours such as black, there are slight variations and many brands do offer other colours too. Most gym gloves also feature fingerless designs that leave the top of your fingers bare – but there are some ‘full finger’ gym gloves available too. The style and look of the gloves will be less important to some people, but it’s worth having a look at a few different brands to decide which one will suit you best.
• Washing And Care – Another point worth considering is how your gym gloves can be washed to keep them fresh. Most manufacturers provide detailed instructions explaining whether they can be machine washed or must be washed by hand. If being able to wash them in the machine is important to you, be sure to check this is possible before making a purchase.
• Brand – It’s always a good idea to ensure that you’re buying from a reputable brand, so it’s worth doing a bit of research into the manufacturer and see what customers are saying about their products online before making a purchase. On this page, we’ve featured products from reputable brands with good track histories in the fitness industry.
Best Gym Gloves For Women 2022
So, now that we’ve covered some of the basic points to think about while shopping for women’s gym gloves, it’s time to bring you five of our top picks on the market at the moment.
1) Lululemon Wunder Train Gloves
Where to buy: www.lululemon.com
The first women’s gym gloves on our list are the Wunder Train Gloves from Lululemon. If you’re looking for a lightweight and well-ventilated pair of fingerless training gloves, then these are a great option. They feature a hook-and-loop closure to help you to achieve the right fit, and have a sweat-wicking fabric on the top of glove. The fabric on the palm is perforated for ventilation, while strips of silicone on the inside of the palm help to keep the gloves in place during training.
2) Gymshark Wrap Lifting Gloves
Where to buy: www.gymshark.com
Next up are Gymshark’s Wrap Lifting Gloves. These training gloves feature a breathable mesh front panel and extra padding to the palm to help you keep comfortable and focused during your sets. These gloves also feature wraparound wrist straps with velcro fastenings to keep you feeling secure during your workout. They come in three sizes and a black and grey design.
3) Nike Gym Premium Women’s Training Gloves
Where to buy: www.nike.com
The Nike Gym Premium Women’s Training Gloves are the next option on our list. These are the main women’s training gloves offering from Nike and they feature high-density foam padding in key areas to help protect your palms during heavy lifts. They have a breathable mesh on the backs of the hands (and perforations on the palms) to help keep your hands ventilated and cool, and have a hook-and-loop closure which wraps the wrist for a secure feel.
4) Under Armour Women’s UA Light Training Gloves
Where to buy: www.underarmour.com
The Under Armour Women’s UA Light Training Gloves are an excellent option if you’re looking for a lightweight and breathable pair of gym gloves for your workouts. They have a leather palm for grip and protection, and also feature perforations in the palms for extra breathability and ventilation. These gloves have an elastic wristband for a snug fit, so it’s important that you choose the correct size for your hands.
5) Lululemon Women’s Full Finger Training Gloves
Where to buy: www.lululemon.com
The final option on our list are a pair of full-finger training gloves for those looking for maximum protection and comfort during workouts. Lululemon Women’s Full Finger Training Gloves offer full coverage to keep your hands protected and comfortable during your workouts. They feature padding on the palms for added protection and comfort, and the fingers have a special material on them which allows you to use your smartphone device while wearing them. They also have an adjustable wrist closure so that you can find the right fit.
Anything Else To Consider?
As we mentioned above, it’s really important to make sure that you select the correct size of gloves for your hands. Most manufacturers will offer a detailed size guide on their website, so be sure to check this before making a purchase.
If you do happen to end up with gloves which are either too large or too small, most manufacturers will offer free size exchanges and returns. However, it’s best to check this on the official manufacturer or retail website before making a purchase so you’ll know where you stand.
Remember to also carefully check the care and washing instructions that come with the gloves, as some options may not be machine washable and should only be washed by hand.
Wrapping Things Up – Our Final Thoughts
So, that brings us to the end of our guide to the best gym gloves for women. We’ve walked you through some of the key considerations to think about before making a purchase, and have also picked out five of the best options on the market right now to help support your during your training.
We currently rate Lululemon’s Wunder Train Gloves as the top all-round option, but all of the gym gloves featured on this page are excellent choices to help support your workout and training goals.