Best Gym T-Shirts For Men 2023
We bring you everything you need to know about picking the right gym T-shirt to help you look and feel good during your workouts
The right gym T-shirt can help you feel comfortable and look good so you can focus on getting the most out of your workouts.
There’s no shortage of options out there when it comes to gym gear – indeed, today there’s probably more choice than there has ever been in the sportswear space.
However, not all gym T-shirts are created equal, and there are a few things to bear in mind when shopping for one. Getting your gear right can help you to get the very best out of your workouts so you can smash your health and fitness goals.
In this research-based article, we’re going to bring you everything you need to know about picking the right gym T-shirt, from the fit and style, to the material and brand.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s begin taking a look at some of the main things to think about when shopping for a great gym T-shirt.
Men’s Gym T-Shirts – Things To Consider
Although aspects such as the look and style of a gym T-shirt will come down to personal preference, there are a few things to think about while shopping for a product in this category. Here are some of the main things to think about.
• Material – What the T-shirt is made of is one of the most important things to think about when shopping around for the best option. Most modern gym T-shirts are made of synthetic materials such as nylon or polyester. This is mainly because these fabrics are quick-drying and very good at wicking away moisture, meaning that they can help to keep you cool and comfortable during even your hardest workouts. That being said, some people may prefer the more natural option of a T-shirt made from a material such as cotton. However, do bear in mind that materials such as cotton are not quite as good at wicking away moisture and then can become a bit heavy if you tend to sweat a lot.
• Fit and Style – The fit of the T-shirt is also an important point to consider. Many gym T-shirts offer a fitted or slim-fit style which can help you to look at your best while working out. However, some people may opt for a oversized or baggy fit either because they feel more comfortable in that kind of clothing, or because it fits their style better. Have a look at some of the options on the market and decide what fit and style will suit you best.
• Colour and Design – The colour and design of your T-shirt will generally come down to personal preference. There are plenty of options out there to consider, from the more basic shades of white, black and grey, to much bolder colours.
• Brand – It’s never a bad idea to do a bit of research into the brand behind the product to see what customers are saying about their products. Reading up about the manufacturer can help you to decide on which product to go for. All of the T-shirts featured on this page are made by reputable sportswear brands with track histories in the industry, but doing a bit of your own research is always time well spent.
Best Gym T-Shirts For Men 2023 – Our Pick
So, now that we’ve covered some of the basic points to consider when selecting a gym T-shirt, it’s time to bring you our selection of five of the best options on the market right now. All of the T-shirts featured below are made by well-known sportswear brands who are known for producing quality products.
The options shown below are usually available to buy directly from the manufacturer on the official website, and most brands offer fast shipping options to the UK, USA and rest of the world – but it’s worth checking the delivery details on the retail site before making a purchase.
It’s also worth noting that the T-shirts below are also all short-sleeve options – but many brands do offer the same or similar designs in long-sleeve formats.
1) Nike Dri-Fit Training T-Shirt
Where to buy: www.nike.com
The first option on our list is Nike’s Dri-Fit Training T-Shirt. If you’re looking for at reliable all-round gym T-shirt then this is a great option. Featuring Nike’s Dri-Fit technology, this T-shirt – which is available in a range of different colours to suit all styles – has a soft feel to it and has been designed so it doesn’t restrict your ease of movement while training. It’s made from a blend of cotton and polyester and features a small Nike Swoosh on the upper part of the left chest.
2) lululemon Metal Vent Tech Short Sleeve Shirt 2.0
Where to buy: www.lululemon.com
Next up is lululemon’s Metal Vent Tech Short Sleeve Shirt 2.0. Designed for both running and training, this T-shirt has a seamless construction to make for maximum comfort while you work out. Available in a wide range of colours to suit all styles, it features special technology which can help to inhibit the growth of odour-causing bacteria on the fabric. It also has a mesh construction for breathability to keep you cool.
3) Under Armour UA Seamless Short Sleeve T-Shirt
Where to buy: www.underarmour.com
Under Armour’s UA Seamless Short Sleeve T-Shirt is the next product on our list. This T-shirt features a nearly sew-free construction to help to reduce chafing and has mesh ventilation for added breathability. The shirt is constructed from a four-way stretch material for ease of movement, and it’s also been designed to wick away moisture and be quick-drying.
4) Gymshark Block T-Shirt
Where to buy: www.gymshark.com
We’re big fans of Gymshark’s training gear and their Block T-Shirt is a great option for working out. This is a good option if you’re looking for a gym T-shirt made mainly from cotton (it’s constructed from 95% cotton and 5% elastane to make for a comfortable fit). This regular-fit, crew neck T-shirt is a great choice if you don’t sweat too much while working out and are looking for a high-quality and good-looking T-shirt for your training sessions.
5) Adidas Designed For Training T-Shirt
Where to buy: www.adidas.com
The final product on our list is Adidas’ Designed For Training T-shirt. As the name suggests, this simply-designed T-shirt has been specifically crafted to help you feel comfortable so you can get the most out of your training sessions. Made from a blend of recycled polyester, lyocell and elastane, this T-shirt has good moisture-wicking properties and features Adidas’ Aeroready technology to help keep you feeling comfortable. Available in a range of colours to suit all styles and tastes, this is a great option if you’re looking for a well-designed gym T-shirt made by a reputable sportswear brand.
Anything Else To Consider?
If you’re shopping for clothing online, making sure that you select the right size is important. Most brands will offer size guides on their official websites so that you can narrow down which one will be best for you.
However, it’s also important to check the returns and exchanges policies on the sites you’re shopping from so that you’ll know where you stand if the size isn’t quite right or you’re not happy with the T-shirt for another reason.
As mentioned above, while we hope this article has been helpful, we do also recommend doing a bit of your own research and checking out some customer reviews of the products and brands you’re most interested in.
Wrapping Things Up – Our Final Thoughts
So, that brings us to the end of our buying guide for the best gym T-shirts for men. We’ve walked you through and explained some of the key things to bear in mind when it comes to picking a gym T-shirt, such as the material, fit and style.
We’ve also picked out five of the best options on the market at the time of writing. We currently rate Nike’s Dri-Fit Training T-Shirt as the best all-round choice, but all of the gym T-shirts featured on this page are great options to support you during your workouts.