The Best Gym Towels In 2023
Here's everything you need to know about picking the right gym towel to support you through your workouts
Are you looking for the best gym towel to accompany your workouts?
A good gym towel is absorbent, easy to wash and efficient, and finding the right one can help you to get the most out of your workouts.
Whether you’re hitting the weights or taking part in sweaty exercise or yoga classes, choosing the right towel to accompany you is important.
In this article, we’re going to bring you everything you need to know about selecting the best towel for the gym. We’re going to cover the main points to consider when shopping for an exercise towel, and also bring you five of the best options on the market right now from a range of different brands.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s begin our guide to the best gym towels.
Shopping For A Gym Towel – Things To Consider
Not all gym towels are created equal. And these days there’s more choice than ever when it comes to choosing the right one for you.
Here are some of the main things to bear in mind when it comes to selecting a good gym towel.
• Material – One of the first things to check is the material the towel you’re looking at is made from. Towels are made from a range of different materials, with many of the most common being constructed from natural material such as cotton. Cotton is a great natural material and has plenty of benefits. However, it’s not always the best choice when it comes to being absorbent and quick-drying. For that reason, you may want to consider a towel made of a synthetic material such as polyester. That being said, some people may prefer the feel of a more natural material such as cotton, so ultimately this will come down to personal preference.
• Size – The ideal size for a gym towel is the one that suits you best. If you’re looking for a bigger towel to cover equipment and machines while you work out, then this is worth bearing in in mind. Alternatively, you might be looking for a smaller sweat towel to carry around and keeps yourself dry and comfortable. We’ve featured towels of a range of different sizes below, so you should be able to find one that suits you best.
• Style and Colour – The style and colour of the towel you choose will ultimately come down to personal preference. That being said, it’s definitely a good idea to spend a bit of time browsing to see what styles and colours are on offer. Also, remember that lighter colours are more likely to show dirt and marks quickly, so bear this in mind while browsing.
• Price and Brand – Lastly, it’s worth doing some research to get a general feel of how much gym towels should cost. The ones we’ve featured below carry a range of price tags and are available to buy from the official brand websites. It’s also a good idea to do a bit of research into the brand behind the product before committing to one.
Best Gym Towels 2023 – Our Pick
So, now that we’ve covered some of the main things to bear in mind when it comes to choosing a gym towel, it’s time to reveal our pick of five of the best options out there right now.
All of the towels featured below are available to buy directly from the manufacturer on the official website. Most of the towels featured are also available in other colours as well as the ones pictured below, so it’s worth having a browse of the official website of the brand you’re looking at to see what’s on offer.
1) Gymshark Sweat Towel
Where to buy: www.gymshark.com
If you’re looking for a small, stylish and absorbent gym towel, then Gymshark’s Sweat Towel is a great choice. Made from a blend of polyester and polyamide, this towel is perfect for use during the sweatiest of training sessions. It has rounded corners, is easy to fold and its microfibre material is soft and super absorbent. It’s available in a couple of different colours and has an embroidered Gymshark logo on one of the corners.
2) Lululemon Workout Towel
Where to buy: www.lululemon.com
Next up is The Towel from Lululemon. Lululemon are known as one of the top sports apparel brands in the world and are associated with high-quality products. Their main towel offering is made from microfibre polyester and has been designed to cover a yoga mat, or be used during workouts or after a shower. It’s been designed to be super absorbent and comes in a wide selection of different colours to suit all tastes.
3) Gymshark Standard Towel
Where to buy: www.gymshark.com
If you’re looking for a good quality cotton towel, then this offering from Gymshark may be a good choice. This towel is made from soft and lightweight terry cotton and can be used for workouts or after a shower. It features an embroidered Gymshark logo and is made from 100 per cent cotton. At the time of writing, it was available in the black option shown above, as well as a dark red option.
4) Nike Sport Towel
Where to buy: www.nike.com
Next up is the Nike Sport Towel. Nike need no introduction as one of the world’s top sportswear brands and this large (120cm x 60cm) towel is made from 100 per cent cotton. It features a large Nike swoosh logo on it and is a great option if you’re looking for a bigger-sized towel to accompany you on your trips to the gym or workout classes.
5) Mayouth Gym and Workout Towel
Where to buy: www.amazon.com
The final option on our list is the Mayouth Gym and Workout Towel. Available to buy on Amazon, this is a three-pack of smaller towels designed specifically for gym sessions or yoga classes. The towels are made from a highly absorbent material that’s also designed to be fast drying, so they can help you to keep dry and comfortable during your workouts. They’re also highly rated amongst customers, boasting an average rating of 4.3 out of five stars from more than 800 reviews on Amazon in the UK at the time of writing.
Anything Else To Bear In Mind?
When selecting your ideal towel size, it may be a good idea to measure up some of the towels you already own to see what would be best for you and then seek something similar online.
It’s also important to familiarise yourself with the returns, refunds and exchanges policy on the site you’ll be shopping from, as some retailers may not offer refunds or exchanges on items such as towels for hygiene reasons.
Some of the brands we’ve featured above have physical stores, so you may prefer to pop into one rather than shopping online, so you can get a better feel for the towel you’re after.
Wrapping Things Up – Our Final Thoughts
So, that brings us to the end of our guide to the best gym towels around at the moment.
We’ve covered some of the top things to bear in mind when shopping for a workout towel, and have also brought you our pick of five top options on the market right now.
We’ve placed the Gymshark Sweat Towel at the top of our list, but all of the towels featured on this page are good choices.