The Best Lululemon Leggings For Running
We bring you everything you need to know when it comes to picking out the best Lululemon leggings for running
Lululemon’s range of leggings are among the brand’s most popular products. Whether used for yoga, training, running or just lounging, they are firmly one of the company’s best-selling items.
Known for being buttery-soft, practical and available in a huge range of different colours, Lululemon’s premium-priced leggings seem to be more popular than ever.
But what about the best Lululemon leggings for running? While all of the brand’s leggings are premium-quality, there are certain differences between the models.
In this article, we’re going to take a look at everything you need to know when it comes to picking out the right pair of Lululemon leggings for your runs. We’re also going to reveal our selection of the three best options available right now.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s start taking a look at the main things to consider when shopping for workout leggings.
Lululemon Leggings For Running – Things To Consider
There are a few things to bear in mind when it comes to shopping for leggings for running. Here are some of the main ones to think about when browsing for the perfect pair of leggings for you.
• Material, Comfort and Length – There are a number of things to consider when it comes to picking out the right leggings. Most of Lululemon’s leggings come in a range of different lengths. While the length you choose will clearly largely be affected by your height, it’s also worth thinking about where you want the leggings to sit in terms of length. Most of Lululemon’s leggings are made of synthetic materials such as nylon and elastane. These kinds of materials are preferred over more natural options such as cotton for leggings because they are better at wicking away moisture to help keep you cool and dry while you work out.
• Pockets – One quite important aspect to consider if you’re looking for running leggings is the pocket situation. Having leggings with pockets is pretty important if you’re out running, as you’ll want somewhere to store your small essential items such as keys, cards and phone. The Lululemon Fast and Free leggings have two drop in pockets which are able to fit phones, plus additional pockets on the waistband for other small items. Be sure to check the product description page on the Lululemon website to see what pocket options are available.
• Style and Colour – Lululemon are known for providing a wide range of different colours and styles to suit all tastes. What’s more, they regularly update the colours and range, so it’s definitely worth having a browse of the leggings section of the Lululemon website to see what’s on offer. If you’re going to be using your leggings for running out and about, it may be worth considering going for a lighter colour with reflective details to increase visibility in lower light conditions. Also, bear in mind that the leggings we have featured below will be available in a wide range of other colours as well as the ones we’ve featured. Be sure to also use the size guide on the official Lululemon website so you can find the right fit. If you’re able to get to a physical Lululemon store to try on a few pairs, we certainly recommend doing so!
• What Are Customers Saying? – During our research for this article, we took a look online on various websites to see what people were saying about the best lululemon leggings for running. Generally speaking, we found that people seemed to prefer the Fast and Free leggings specifically for running. This was underlined by a Reddit user poll of 507 people where Fast and Free came out on top with 259 votes (shown below).
It’s definitely always a good idea to do some of your own research too, for example on Reddit, Facebook or other social media sites, to see what other customers are saying about the leggings you’re thinking about buying.
Best Lululemon Leggings For Running – Our Pick
So, now that we’ve covered some of the important points to think about when picking out your perfect pair of leggings, it’s time to reveal our top three picks of Lululemon leggings for running.
We compiled this list based on our own research, and also leaned on comments from users on social media websites such as Reddit. As we mentioned above, Lululemon regularly update their range of leggings and other items, so we do recommend checking out the leggings section of the official site yourself to see what else is on offer, other than what we’ve featured below.
1) Lululemon Fast And Free Leggings
Where to buy: www.lululemon.com
The first option on our list are the Lululemon Fast and Free leggings. Designed specifically for running, these leggings were mentioned by users as their preferred option for running time and again in our online research. The Fast and Frees are made from Lululemon’s Nulux fabric, which is a blend of nylon and elastane. The fabric has been designed to be both sweat wicking and quick drying, and has been engineered to provide a four-way stretch. They have multiple drop-in pockets to store your phone and your essentials while you’re out running. Like most of Lululemon’s leggings, they come in a huge range of different colours, as well as different lengths.
2) Lululemon Base Pace Leggings
Where to buy: www.lululemon.com
The next option on our list are the Lululemon Base Pace Leggings. Like the Fast and Frees, these leggings are specifically designed for running and were popular choices during our research online. They feature a continuous drawcord and a hidden back pocket to store your small items. They’re made from Lululemon’s Nulux fabric and have been engineered with no inseam to promote a smooth ride. The fabric is breathable, sweat-wicking and quick-drying to make for maximum comfort during your runs. Like the rest of the Lululemon range, these leggings come in a wide selection of different colours.
3) Lululemon Swift Speed Leggings
Where to buy: www.lululemon.com
The third option on our list are the Lululemon Swift Speed Leggings. Again, these leggings are specifically engineered for running and come with plenty of pockets to store your small items. Lululemon say that these specific leggings offer slick and “low friction” support, with added Lycra for shape and stretch retention. They have a zippered back pocket to store small items securely and have added reflective details to increase visibility in lower light conditions. Be sure to check out the Lululemon website for the full range of colours available.
Anything Else To Bear In Mind?
As mentioned above, it’s a great idea to pop into your local Lululemon store to try on a few leggings for yourself so you can find your perfect fit and style. If that’s not possible, be sure to use the size guide on the official Lululemon website, as it’s usually quite accurate.
If you do shop online, be sure to familiarise yourself with the returns, refunds and exchanges policy on the official Lululemon site so that you’ll know where you stand and what to do if anything goes wrong.
One final note worth considering – Lululemon also make a range of shorts, many of which are made from the same fabrics as their leggings. If you’re interested, it may be worth having a browse of the shorts section of the Lululemon website to see if any of them may be more suitable for you than the leggings.
Wrapping Things Up – Our Final Thoughts
So, that brings us to the end of our best Lululemon leggings for running guide. We’ve walked you through the main things to consider when picking out the right leggings for you, and have also revealed three top options for running from the brand.
We’ve placed the Lululemon Fast and Free leggings as the top choice on our list, but all of the leggings we’ve featured on this page are good options.