Best Running Belts 2022
Use our guide to find the perfect running belt to store your phone, keys and other small items while you focus on your pace
Storing your stuff while running can sometimes be a bit of a headache, especially if your shorts don’t have zip pockets. Running belts are helpful accessories that can give you some extra space to store small items such as your keys, phone and gels.
There are lots of different running belts on offer from a range of sportswear brands, but they all tend to feature an adjustable waist-strap and good extra storage options with zip pockets.
In this article, we’re going to bring you all of the key things you need to consider when shopping for a running belt, and also pick out five of the best options on the market at the moment from a selection of different sportswear brands.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s begin our guide to the best running belts available at the moment.
Running Belts – Things To Consider
There are a few main points to think about when shopping for a running belt, as some features can vary from brand to brand. Here are some of the key things to think about when shopping for a running belt.
• Size – The size of running belt that’s best for you will depend on what you need it for. If you’re only looking for a belt to store your smaller options such as keys and cards, then it might be best to opt for a slimline and lightweight belt that should be well-suited to your needs. However, if you’re looking for a belt to store your slightly larger items such as a mobile phone or water bottle, then picking one that’s larger in size makes sense. It’s also worth noting that some brands provide ‘one-size-fits-most’ belts, while others are available in different sizes, such as medium and large. Check the manufacturer’s website for size guides if you are in doubt.
• Storage And Pockets – Most good running belts will have at least one good sized zip pocket to store your main essentials. That being said, most running belts will have multiple pockets for different items, as it’s generally not ideal to store your keys in the same compartment as your phone. When shopping for a running belt, be sure to check the product description carefully to check that it will have enough storage options for what you’re planning to take with you on your run.
• Material – Another thing to bear in mind is the material the running belt is made from. Most running belts are made from synthetic materials such as polyester, which are good at wicking away sweat and not becoming weighed down by moisture. With that in mind, it’s worth checking the product description on the official website to see whether the belt has a water-repellant or water-resistant finish, especially if you’re often caught in the rain during your runs. Not all running belts are designed to be water-resistant, so it’s a good idea to think about whether it’s something you’re looking for before making a purchase.
• Colour And Design – Perhaps slightly less important than the points above is the colour and design of the running belt. Most belts are available in simple designs and darker colours, but there are some bolder options available from some brands. Some belts will also come in fluorescent colours and feature reflective elements to help keep you visible during lower light conditions. It’s worth checking the official manufacturer website to see if the belt you’re looking at is available in different colour options.
• Brand – Lastly, it’s always a good idea to do a bit of your own research into the brand and manufacturer behind the product before making a purchase. That might include reading some online customer reviews and doing some research into the brand as a whole. All of the belts we’ve featured below are from reputable sportswear brands, but it’s never a bad idea to do a bit of research yourself before buying one.
Best Running Belts 2022 – Our Pick
So, with some of the key considerations taken care of, it’s time to reveal our pick of some of the best running belts on the market at the moment.
All of the options listed below are available to buy directly from the manufacturer on the official websites, and most offer fast shipping options to countries such as the UK and USA.
1) Lululemon Fast and Free Running Belt
Where to buy: www.lululemon.com
The first option on our list is the popular Fast and Free Running Belt from Lululemon. This premium quality running belt is made from lightweight nylon and elastane and is designed to be both sweat-wicking and soft to the touch. It features and adjustable low-bounce waistband with a closure so that you can get the perfect fit, and has a stretchy zip pocket to hold your phone. It also has side drop-in pockets to store your other small items. It comes in a couple of colours and has reflective details to help with visibility.
2) Under Armour Flex Speedpocket Run Belt
Where to buy: www.underarmour.com
Next up is the Under Armour Flex Speedpocket Run Belt. This belt features an expandable water-resistant pocket for your phone on the back and has reflective details to help to keep you visible. It has a separate zipped pocket on the front, and also features Under Armour’s UA Storm technology for a water-repellent finish – and has an adjustable elastic webbing with buckle closure for a secure fit. It comes in a handful of different colours to suit all styles.
3) Lululemon Fast and Free Running Belt Mini
Where to buy: www.lululemon.com
The next belt on our list is another offering from Lululemon, this time it’s their Fast and Free Running Belt Mini. As the name suggests, this is more compact and streamlined version of the Fast and Free Running Belt we featured above, so it’s perfect if you’re looking for a light and small belt only for small items. It can hold a small phone and has an internal loop to keep your keys secure if needed. It comes in two sizes and some different colours to suit all styles and tastes.
4) Adidas By Stella McCartney Run Belt
Where to buy: www.adidas.com
The next belt in our guide is the Adidas By Stella McCartney Run Belt. Designed for use by women (although it looks suitable for all), this belt is made from a series of recycled materials and features at least 60% recycled content. Featuring a yellow and black design, it has a front zip pocket for your small items such as keys and has an adjustable buckle closure to help you get the right fit.
5) Gymshark Running Belt
Where to buy: www.gymshark.com
The final option on our list is the Gymshark Running Belt. This lightweight and stretchy running belt has a central zip pocket to store your smartphone and has an adjustable elasticated waistband with a safety clip release. Featuring a reflective trim for added visibility, this running belt is made entirely from polyester and is a good option if you’re looking for a straightforward product to keep your essentials safe.
Anything Else To Bear In Mind?
It’s always a good idea to check the returns, refunds and exchanges policy on the site you’ll be shopping from before making a purchase, so that you’ll know where you stand if you need to return your belt for any reason.
Most online stores will offer free returns and exchanges for unused products – for example if the size is incorrect – but it’s best to double-check this before buying.
As we mentioned above, it’s also worth checking any size guides provided on the official website so you can be confident that your belt will fit.
Wrapping Things Up – Our Final Thoughts
So, that brings us to the end of our guide to some of the best running belts around at the moment.
We’ve walked you through some of the key considerations to take into account when shopping for a running belt, including aspects such as the size, number of pockets and brand.
We’ve also picked out and revealed five of the best options on the market right now from a range of reputable sportswear brands. We currently rate the Lululemon Fast and Free Running Belt as our top pick, but all of the options on this list are excellent choices.