Best Running T-Shirts For Men 2022
A high-quality running T-shirt can help you to feel and look good while out on your runs. Here's what you need to know
Having a good running T-shirt can help you to feel good, look good and stay visible while out on your runs.
Whether you usually layer up or only wear a T-shirt while out on your runs, having the right gear can help you to feel comfortable and perform at your best.
Sportswear technology has advanced rapidly in recent years and today there is no shortage of options when it comes to running tops and T-shirts.
However, not all T-shirts are created equal. Luckily for you, we’ve done the hard work for you by putting together this researched guide to help you find the best option for you.
In this article, we’re going to bring you the key things to consider when shopping for a running T-shirt and also pick out five of the best options on the market right now.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s begin taking a look at some of the key considerations to be aware of when looking for running T-shirts.
Running T-Shirts – Things To Consider
Not all running T-shirts are created equal, and there are a few things to consider when shopping for the best one for you. Here are some of the key points to bear in mind.
• Material – This is one of the most important factors to think about when selecting a running T-shirt. Most modern-day running tops are made from synthetic materials such as nylon and polyester because they are particularly good at wicking away moisture from your body to help keep you dry during exercise. Other materials such as cotton tend to absorb more water and therefore have a tendency to become heavy and uncomfortable if you sweat a lot. You can usually discover what materials the T-shirt is made from by checking the product details section on the site you are shopping on.
• Fit and Style – The fit is another important aspect to consider. When it comes to running T-shirts, ease of movement and comfort are the two main priorities when it comes to the design and fit of the product. When you’re thinking about the fit, it’s also important to ensure that you select the right size for you, as getting the right fit will reduce the chances of your top causing any issues from repeated rubbing on your skin. Most running T-shirts offer a light and airy fit, but there are slim-fit and more fitted options available too. The overall style and look of the T-shirt is another factor to consider – as we all want to look good while out running – although this is perhaps less important than getting the material and fit right.
• Colour and Visibility – If you run near roads or in low light conditions, it’s a good idea to seek out a T-shirt that has reflective details or other elements to help make it more visible. If you do tend to run in lower-light conditions, then opting for a light-coloured T-shirt such as white could help to keep you more visible (and potentially cooler than darker colours if you’re running in the sun).
• Brand – Lastly, it’s a good idea to do some of your own research into the brand behind the product. The T-shirts we’ve featured on this page are made by reputable sportswear brands with long track histories and good reputations. However, it’s always worth doing a bit of digging yourself to see what other customers are saying about the product you’re looking at by reading a few online reviews before making a purchase.
Best Running T-Shirts For Men 2022 – Our Pick
So, now that we’ve touched on some of the main things to think about while shopping for a good running T-shirt, it’s time to reveal our pick of five of the best options out there at the moment.
All of the T-shirts featured below are made by reputable brands who have plenty of experience in the running industry. Most of the items below are available to buy directly on the official brand websites and most offer delivery to the UK, USA and worldwide, but it’s best to check the shipping options before browsing.
1) Nike Dri-Fit Rise 365
Where to buy: www.nike.com
The first running T-shirt on our list is the Dri-Fit Rise 365 from Nike. Made from recycled polyester fibers, this shirt is designed to keep you cool and comfortable while out on a run. It’s made from a knit fabric which is brushed on both sides to give a soft feel, and it features Nike’s Dri-Fit technology to help wick away sweat and keep you comfortable during your training. Available in a nice selection of different colours and featuring reflective elements for visibilty, it is machine washable and features Nike’s ‘chevron’ design at the front.
2) Lululemon Metal Vent Tech Short Sleeve Shirt 2.0
Where to buy: www.lululemon.com
Next up is Lululemon’s best-selling Metal Vent Tech Short Sleeve Shirt 2.0. Designed for running and training, this T-shirt features a seamless construction to provide maximum comfort when working out. It’s made from a blend of nylon, polyester and elastane for a comfortable fit, and is designed to skim the body from chest to waist. Available in an excellent selection colours to suit all styles and tastes, this is a great option if you’re looking for a comfortable and stylish running T-shirt.
3) Adidas Run Icon T-Shirt
Where to buy: www.adidas.com
The next option on our list is the Adidas Run Icon T-Shirt. This is a great choice if you’re looking for a top which has more of a fitted and slim-fit feel to its design. Available in a selection of colours including the bright orange pictured above, this T-shirt has reflective elements and is made from recycled polyester. It has no underarm seams to ensure maximum comfort while you’re running and features Adidas’ moisture-absorbing Aeroready technology as an added bonus.
4) Under Armour Iso-Chill Run Laser
Where to buy: www.underarmour.com
Under Armour are well known for their excellent training gear and the Iso-Chill Run Laser is one of their main running T-shirt offerings. As the name suggests, this T-shirt has been specifically designed to help keep you cool while running, with the Iso-Chill fabric helping to disperse body heat and making the shirt feel cool to the touch. It’s made from a four-way stretch material (a blend of polyester and elastane) to help keep you moving freely. Available in a selection of colours to suit all styles, this is a great choice if you’re looking for a running T-shirt that can help to keep you cool during your workouts.
5) Saucony Stopwatch Short Sleeve
Where to buy: www.saucony.com
The final product on our list is the Saucony Stopwatch Short Sleeve T-shirt. This T-shirt is made primarily from recycled polyester and has been designed to help wick moisture away quickly and keep you dry while out on your runs. This T-shirt has been constructed with breathability in mind and Saucony say that it can help to keep you moving freely on your runs no matter the time of year. Like most of the other options on this page, the Stopwatch Short Sleeve is available in a nice selection of colours to suit all styles and tastes.
Anything Else To Consider?
If you’re shopping online, it’s a good idea to check the size guides provided on the official manufacturer websites before making a purchase so that you can be confident you’re getting the right fit.
With that in mind, it’s also wise to carefully check the returns, refunds and exchanges policy of the site you’re shopping from before making a purchase so that you’ll know where you stand if the size isn’t quite right or you’re not happy with the product for another reason.
Most brands will offer free refunds or exchanges for unused items, but it’s best to check this before making a purchase.
As we mentioned above, it’s also a good idea to do a bit of research into the product you’re considering by reading a few online reviews to see what other customers are saying.
Wrapping Things Up – Our Final Thoughts
So, that brings us to the end of our buying guide to the best running T-shirts for men. We’ve walked you through the main considerations to take into account when choosing the best top for you, such as the material, fit and brand.
We’ve also picked out five of the best options on the market right now. The Nike Dri-Fit Rise 365 is the top item on our list, but all of the running T-shirts featured on this page are excellent options.