The Athena Intense Pre Workout supplement is designed to help give you a boost as you look to hit your fitness goals. Advertised to boost your gym success, this powdered formula is aimed specifically for women.
Unico Nutrition Inc, the supplier of Athena Intense, was founded in 2012. They pride themselves on their “unique” supplements, compared to the rest of the industry. Instead, they claim to focus on safe, high quality and effective formulas for everyone.
Coming in at $39, Athena Intense is one of the mid-priced pre workout supplements on the market.
Yet, taking into account the encouraging messages endorsed by Unico, we can see why. Even so, it is still one of the cheaper pre workout supplements available on the Unico website.
Even so, is Intense all it’s cracked up to be? Or is this just another run-of-the-mill supplement promising more than it provides?
To find out, we need to look at the Athena natural pre workout ingredients and see what the supplement claims to do.
Athena Intense pre workout is a powdered supplement to take before hitting the gym. It is supposed to help you achieve your fitness goals. Fuelling the body with what it needs, this is said to provide an added boost for success.
It is gluten free and paleo friendly, which makes it accessible to many customers. It also comes in numerous summer flavors, like watermelon and cherry.
The large dosage of caffeine, alongside a trio of nootropics, is what makers say makes this product tick.
This apparently allows a long-lasting boost for a great gym session, without jitters. On top of this, they say the nutrients included will also support the “mind-muscle” connection.
Unico promises to provide all of this and they claim their unique blend of ingredients will ensure maximum effectiveness. To be honest, we really can’t endorse all of these statements.
As you will see, there does not seem to be much difference in this product, compared to the other best pre workout supplements available on the market.
Despite promises made by Unico, Athena Pre Workout ingredients are like many other supplements. It doesn’t look like the formula is particularly tailored to women.
The active ingredients listed within this supplement are as follows:
Let’s take a closer look at some of the main ingredients in the Athena pre workout.
• L-Citrulline – This ingredient is an organic compound and amino acid. Its name comes from the Latin word for watermelon: Citrillus. It is an extremely popular ingredient in products like this, and the vast majority of pre workout supplements include it. It’s a good inclusion in the Athena formula.
• Beta Alanine – The particular beta alanine used in this supplement is CarnoSyn. This is supposedly licensed for use in humans for dietary purposes. The product’s web page also claims that 15 studies prove its effectiveness.
• Taurine – Taurine comes from animal tissues, including bile and the large intestine. It is claimed to have a number of health benefits. This particular ingredient is one which is used, a lot of the time, in commercially-available energy drinks.
• Bioperine – Bioperine is an ingredient that isn’t often found in generic supplements. It is a black pepper extract which is said to help make for a more effective supplement overall. Although more studies are likely needed if this is to be fully validated.
• L-Valine and L-Isoleucine – As cheaper alternatives to other dietary ingredients, these two substances often allow companies to reduce costs. It is possible that Unico has simply used these as filler ingredients, as the benefits of their presence in a pre workout supplement are unclear.
By omitting some of the more premium ingredients, Athena Intense has kept the price down.
However, it is still a high cost when we compare it to other similarly formulated products on the market.
That being said, is this product worth it when we remember it misses out the following ingredients:
• Rednite (pure beetroot extract)
• Vitamin B5, B6 and B12
Looking at Athena natural pre workout reviews, it seems the supplement avoids the caffeine jitters of many other similar products.
However, it is wise to bear in mind that there are a lot of stimulants within this product. Therefore, it is not suitable for breastfeeding or pregnant women. It also means it shouldn’t be taken by anyone suffering from anxiety.
We always recommend that you speak to your doctor before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
The container provides 20 scoops of product, which is about one month’s supply of powder.
According to the instructions, you need to add one scoop of this powder to water, 15–30 minutes before your workout. Give the product a good shake to ensure the powder is fully dissolved. Then, drink away!
Due to the caffeine content, it might be best not to take the supplement in the evening.
There are a number of written statements from people on the Unico website who have reviewed Athena Intense. Most of these reviews are reasonable, with a rating of four stars. Some of the praise attributed to this supplement is as follows:
• No jitters or itchiness, which comes from many other supplements.
• Invigorating and long lasting.
• Gives you the perfect amount of caffeine for your workout so you can still fall asleep at night.
However, others note that some of the flavors, especially Tropical, can be hard to stomach. They also mention the chalkiness of this supplement.
On top of this, there are no Athena Intense Amazon reviews, or Athena pre workout GNC reviews online. Therefore, we cannot gain a full sense of how reviews compare across the board.
The feedback on the official website might not be completely impartial.
Athena Intense is quite a standard pre workout, despite Unico’s claims of a unique blend of ingredients.
The differences between this supplement and others on the market are quite minimal.
It was disappointing not to see a solid range of B Vitamins in this supplement. That’s because they are amongst the few ingredients out there that support mental performance and a normal energy yielding metabolism.
You can see our updated best pre workout guide by following the link shown below.
As with all supplements, you cannot expect them to do all the work for you. A healthy lifestyle comes from not only fitness, but diet, rest and hydration.
By ensuring all these elements of your health are in check, results should come thick and fast!
Generally, the response for this product is positive. However, listed below are the top things to bear in mind before purchasing this product:
• Range of flavors
• A number of positive reviews
• No B-Vitamins
• Does not seem to provide anything different to other brands
• Reviews elsewhere on the Internet are scarce
• Some flavors were not well received
Although the product lacks the “unique” qualities promised, the reviews are still reasonable.
Athena Intense pre workout does nothing to particularly aid women, as it is advertised. However, it may provide some benefits to your workout.
Simply put, we feel that there are probably some better options out there right now.
The information on this website is intended for entertainment purposes only and does not constitute professional, medical or healthcare advice or diagnosis, and may not be used as such. Always consult a certified medical professional before using any of the products or information shown on this website.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge