Best Fat Burners 2020 – Ten Top Supplements
This is our definitive guide to some of the best 'fat burner' supplements available to help support you on your fitness journey
We all know that a good diet and regular exercise should always be your starting point before thinking about a so-called ‘fat burner’ supplement.
Getting into shape and losing those stubborn areas of fat requires hard work, patience and dedication – and a healthy diet and lifestyle should always come first.
UPDATE: We’ve updated this guide with the latest information and fat burner supplements for 2020. We currently rate Instant Knockout (for men) and Leanbean (for women) as two of the best ‘fat burner’ supplements on the market at the moment.
So-called ‘fat burners’ have a bit of a controversial reputation, mainly because many of them are marketed as ‘magic’ solutions to help you achieve your dream body. Of course, we all know there are no shortcuts to success, especially when it comes to health and fitness.
You can’t just pop a pill and expect to get a six-pack. But the products we feature here on this page claim to be able to give you a helping hand on your journey.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that the supplements featured on this page are definitely not ‘magic pills’. They are not proven to burn fat on their own. They are food supplements that contain ingredients which can provide support when combined with an energy-restricted diet and a good training plan.
Jump To Section
Best Fat Burner Supplements – 10 Of Our Top Picks
|Instant Knockout||★★★★☆||• Green Tea • Cayenne Pepper • Glucomannan • 90-day Guarantee||Buy Now|
|Leanbean||★★★★☆||• Made For Women • 3g Glucomannan • Vegan Friendly • 90-day Guarantee||Buy Now|
|Hunter Burn||★★★★☆||• Premium Option • 3g Glucomannan • Cayenne Pepper • Vitamin D3||Buy Now|
|SPORT Burn||★★★★☆||• Cayenne Pepper • Chromium • Caffeine Free • Vegan Capsules||Buy Now|
|Cutting Edge||★★★☆☆||• Glucomannan • Caffeine • Cheaper Product • UK/Europe Only||Buy Now|
|Thermopure||★★★☆☆||• Vitamins B6 & B12 • Caffeine • Cayenne • UK/Europe Only||Buy Now|
|PhysiqueSeries Stim Free||★★★☆☆||• L-Carnitine • Cayenne Pepper • No Caffeine • Non GMO||Buy Now|
|Fat Metaboliser Capsules||★★★☆☆||• Caffeine • Green Tea • Cayenne • Choline||Buy Now|
|Complete Thermogenic||★★★☆☆||• Cheaper Product • Green Tea • Vitamins B5 & B12 • UK/Europe Only||Buy Now|
|Lean Mode||★★★☆☆||• Chromium • Green Coffee • No Caffeine • Sold on Amazon||Buy Now|
What Are ‘Fat Burners’?
So-called ‘fat burner’ supplements usually contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals, each of which may bring different benefits.
As we’ve already mentioned, making sure that you’re following a healthy nutrition plan and exercising regularly should always be your first priority. Supplements are not going to work miracles on their own without any effort on your part.
Remember, a weight-loss regime in which you burn more calories than you’re consuming is the main self-treatment for achieving fat loss. It’s common sense of course, but you can’t just take a fat burner supplement, continue living an unhealthy lifestyle, and expect to see results.
It’s also important to remember that getting into shape isn’t an overnight process. You’ll need to be realistic and commit to the right lifestyle choices, training and nutrition for at least a few weeks before expecting to see results.
The best fat burner supplements featured on this page have been formulated to support you on your way to achieving your goals when combined with the correct lifestyle choices.
Editor's note: The content on this website is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. The content of our articles is not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. It’s always best to speak with your doctor or a certified medical professional before making any changes to your diet or exercise routine, or trying a new supplement.
So, with all of the introductions out of the way, let’s start taking a look at 10 of the best fat burner supplements on sale in the USA, the UK and the rest of the world on sale right now. We regularly update this page with the latest information and products.
What We Looked For
We tried to avoid the typical supplement marketing hype and focused on the important facts, such as the ingredients formula and doses.
What manufacturers say about their own products on their websites is usually hyped up, so we focused on the facts about each supplement.
Does the product contain any risky ingredients? ‘Fat burners’ have a bit of a bad reputation – and some manufacturers use potentially risky ingredients.
We didn’t include any products on our top ten list that contain more than 300mg of Caffeine per daily recommended dose.
We looked at the reputation of the companies behind the products below. That included the supplement branding and their track history in the industry.
We also focused on products that are available to buy in the UK, USA, Canada and the rest of the world. That said, not all of the ones featured on this list are available in every country. It’s best to check with each individual manufacturer when it comes to shipping options.
Range Of Ingredients
As we mentioned above, the term ‘fat burner’ is widely usually used to describe a type of food supplement that contains a range of ingredients, which are commonly plant extracts, vitamins and minerals.
The best supplements on the market are usually claimed by their manufacturers to use ingredients which work in more than just one way to help you achieve your goals.
For example, two different ingredients may have two different effects. The thinking here is that supplements that are designed to support you in more than one way are more likely to be effective, although this isn’t always the case.
We specifically looked for supplements that contain a range of different ingredients, which have been selected to help to support your goals in multiple ways.
Best Fat Burners 2020 – 10 Of The Best
If you’re looking for the best fat burner for women on sale right now, be sure to check out our separate page.
So with all of that out of the way, let’s move on to our updated pick of ten of the best fat burner supplements on sale right now:
1) Instant Knockout
Product website: www.instantknockout.com
Marketed as the secret formula that pro MMA fighters use before a fight, Instant Knockout is the first product on our list.
Made by the UK-based supplements company Roar Ambition, Instant Knockout’s bright red capsules come in a transparent fist-shaped bottle and contain a range of ingredients including vitamins, minerals and plant extracts.
The Main Points
• Support Your Goals – Combine it with a healthy diet and regular exercise
• Up Your Game – Feel motivated to never miss a gym session so you can look and feel good
• Clear Formula – You know exactly what is inside every capsule – the ingredients and their doses
Let’s take a closer look at the actual ingredients formula for Instant Knockout.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – Two essential vitamins which can help with the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and normal energy release.
• Chromium – An essential mineral which contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism as well as the maintenance of normal blood glucose concentrations.
• Green Tea – Not just a common hot drink, Green Tea is a hugely popular ingredient in many of the leading supplements in this category.
• Cayenne Pepper – Another very common ingredient in the top supplements. Don’t worry if you don’t like spicy food. It’s not spicy – the extract go straight into your stomach via the capsule.
• Glucomannan – A dietary fiber extracted from the root of the Konjac plant. An ingredient often found in the many supplements in this category.
• Zinc – An essential mineral which contributes to normal protein synthesis and normal macronutrient metabolism, amongst other things.
Here’s the full list of Instant Knockout ingredients and the exact amounts, taken from the official website:
How To Take It
Each bottle is a month’s supply (if you stick to the recommended dose) and contains 120 capsules.
The directions say that you should take one capsule, four times per day in between meals. Because of the Green Tea and Caffeine, it’s recommended that you don’t take it close to bedtime.
Price, Shipping and Where To Buy
One main downside of Instant Knockout is more expensive than other similar products.
The price for one bottle is currently $59 / £35 / €45. They do have promotions on if you’re buying multiple bottles at once.
You can’t buy it product in the shops or on other websites. It’s only available to buy directly from the official website.
When you buy the three-box deal from the official website, you are covered by Roar Ambition’s 90-day guarantee.
• Instant Knockout contains a significant daily dose of caffeine, so this may not be the product for you if you’re sensitive to stimulants.
• It’s one of the more expensive supplements in this category, and you can only buy it on the official website.
• The capsules contain Gelatin, which means that it’s not suitable for Vegetarians or Vegans.
The Bottom Line
Instant Knockout is a so-called ‘fat burner’ supplement containing a range of vitamins, minerals and plant extracts.
It uses some common ingredients such as Cayenne Pepper, Green Tea Extract and Caffeine Anhydrous, as well as a bunch of vitamins and minerals.
The main negative things are the premium price tag, the slightly high caffeine dose (300mg per day), and having to order it direct from the company.
As we’ve mentioned, achieving your goals doesn’t happen overnight. For noticeable results, you will probably need to commit to at least a few months of dedication and hard work. In much the same way that a fighter would need two to three months to get ready for a fight.
2) Leanbean (Best Pick for Women)
Product website: www.leanbeanofficial.com
If you’ve done any research into this kind of supplement before, you’ll already know that most of the products seem to be usually marketed at men or both genders together.
Leanbean, made by a company called Ultimate Life, is claimed to be specifically tailored for women.
The official website says that Leanbean was originally created for female fitness models looking for “an added edge”.
Whilst there are a few other female-targeted products out there at the moment, we liked most of the ingredients in Leanbean.
According to the official website, Leanbean is made in FDA approved facilities and to GMP standards. Leanbean is sold worldwide and comes with a 90-day money-back promise, when you buy their three-month supply.
Leanbean has recently undergone a formula change to include more of the dietary fiber Glucomannan and some other ingredients such as Choline and Potassium.
An added bonus with Leanbean is that it is suitable for both Vegetarians and Vegans. Sadly, that’s still not the case with many supplements on sale at the moment.
The Main Points
• Proven Doses – Leanbean contains 3g of Glucomannan per daily serving
• Support Your Goals – Combine it with the right diet and exercise
• Female Focused – Designed specifically for women
• Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly – No animal products
Leanbean contains ingredients such as Glucomannan, Choline, Turmeric, Chromium and Acai Berry Extract.
What really sets Leanbean apart is its use of Glucomannan as its flagship ingredient. In case you didn’t know, Glucomannan is a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant.
Leanbean contains 3g of Glucomannan per daily serving, which contributes to weight loss when combined with an energy-restricted diet.
It also includes the essential Vitamins B6 and B12, both of which can help with the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and also contribute to normal energy release.
The other ingredients in Leanbean include Zinc, Potassium and Garcinia Cambogia.
You can see the full list of Leanbean ingredients below:
• You can only buy it from the official website right now.
• This is another premium priced option.
• You have to take six capsules per day (two capsules, three times per day). This may be inconvenient for some people.
The Bottom Line
Leanbean is a female-targeted food supplement using a range of vitamins, minerals and plant extracts.
The updated formula includes Glucomannan, Turmeric, Choline and Chromium, amongst other things.
Prices start at $59 / £39 for a one month supply (one bottle contains 180 capsules). They have discounts on offer if you buy more than one bottle at a time.
3) Hunter Burn
Product website: www.hunterevolve.com
The next supplement on our list is called Hunter Burn. It’s one of the more premium-priced options but contains some familiar ingredients.
Most notably, it contains a 3g daily dose of Glucomannan, which contributes to weight loss in the context of an energy restricted diet.
It’s made by the supplement company Roar Ambition, is targeted towards men, and it is their ‘premium’ offering for a product in this category.
It contains a range of popular ingredients, including Glucomannan and Cayenne Pepper. Let’s take a closer look at the formula.
Unlike many of the products in this category, Hunter Burn does not use Caffeine itself as an ingredient. This may suit people who are sensitive to Caffeine and other stimulants.
Let’s now take a look at the main ingredients in the Hunter Burn formula.
• Glucomannan – A dietary fiber which is a common ingredient in many supplements of this type. Hunter Burn contains three grams of Glucomannan per daily serving, which contributes to weight loss in the context of an energy restricted diet.
• Cayenne Pepper – Another very common ingredient that you’re likely to find in supplements of this type. Hunter Burn uses 125mg of Cayenne Pepper per daily serving.
• Matcha Green Tea – This is a type of powdered green tea. Each daily serving of Hunter Burn contains 200mg of Matcha Green Tea.
• L-Theanine – This is an amino acid which is found in tea leaves and is a common supplement ingredient. Hunter Burn includes 200mg per daily serving.
Here is the full ingredients list, as shown on the Hunter website at the time of writing:
• The capsules are made from Gelatin, so it’s not suitable for Vegans or Vegetarians.
• To deliver the effective dose of Glucomannan, you’re required to take six capsules per day (two capsules, three times a day), which is quite a lot.
• It’s one of the most expensive products on this page.
The Bottom Line
Unlike many similar supplements, the Hunter Burn formula doesn’t use pure Caffeine as an ingredient, but it contains three grams of Glucomannan per daily serving.
It also uses ingredients such as L-Theanine, Matcha Green Tea and Cayenne Pepper.
It’s one of a smaller number of supplements on the market that actually contains a 3g daily dose of the dietary fiber Glucomannan, so this may explain why it has a slightly higher price point.
4) Performance Lab SPORT Burn
Product website: www.performancelab.com
The next product on our list is Performance Lab’s SPORT Burn.
The Performance Lab brand of supplements and multivitamins is the latest creation from the UK-based supplements company Opti-Nutra.
The whole Performance Lab range features clean and clear branding. They also produce other supplements such as BCAAs and multivitamins for both men and women.
Like all of the products featured on this page, SPORT Burn doesn’t use a proprietary blend, meaning we know the exact doses of all the ingredients.
SPORT Burn has a few things that set it apart from the other supplements on this list.
The Main Points
• Clear Formula – Uses only six ingredients and is Vegan friendly
• Caffeine Free – A good choice if you’re sensitive to things such as Caffeine
• Fasted Training – The manufacturers claim it works well when combined with fasted exercise
• Vegan Friendly – No animal products and also suitable for vegetarians
SPORT Burn only uses six ingredients, so it is a pretty clear and simple supplement.
The first two ingredients are Chromium and Calcium. Chromium is an essential mineral which contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism amongst other things.
As with the products above, SPORT Burn uses Cayenne Pepper. It also uses Black Pepper Extract. The other ingredients in the SPORT Burn are HMB and Coleus Forskohlii.
Below is the full ingredients list of the Performance Lab SPORT Burn:
• Like the other products above, the Performance Lab range is only available to buy on the official website and not in the shops.
• It’s another premium-priced product, and it only uses six ingredients. There are, however, discounts on multiple bottles on the official website.
The Bottom Line
The Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner is a simply-formulated supplement that doesn’t use any Caffeine as an ingredient.
It has a simple ingredients formula which includes Chromium, Cayenne Pepper and HMB. It’s also suitable for both Vegans and Vegetarians.
Prices start at $50 / £40 / €45 but they offer discounts on multiple bottles and free worldwide shipping if you spend a certain amount.
5) Cutting Edge
Product website: www.bulkpowders.com
If you’ve read any of our reviews before, you’ll know that we like Bulk Powders’ products. Their supplement in this category is called Cutting Edge.
Bulk Powders are a UK-based supplements company that has been around for quite a few years now.
This product is billed as one of the “strongest” supplements on sale at the moment and it features an ingredients list that contains Caffeine, Glucomannan and Chromium.
Cutting Edge contains some popular supplement ingredients.
Its main ingredients are Caffeine, Green Coffee Bean Extract, Glucomannan, Chromium and BioPerine (essentially Black Pepper Extract).
Two somewhat unusual inclusions are Cinnamon Extract and Peppermint Leaf Powder. We haven’t seen these ingredients in too many supplements of this type before.
Unlike a lot of products in this category, Cayenne Pepper and Green Tea Extract are not included in the Bulk Powders Cutting Edge formula.
The full ingredients list of Cutting Edge is as follows:
• The directions say that you should take two capsules, three times a day. This may be inconvenient if you lead a busy life.
• Bulk Powders are based in the UK and do not ship their products to all countries. Check their website for further information.
The Bottom Line
Cutting Edge has an ingredients formula which contains some familiar inclusions such as Caffeine and Green Coffee Bean Extract.
The only slight downsides of this supplement is that it’s not available to buy in all countries, and some people may want a product that contains ingredients such as Cayenne Pepper or Green Tea.
Product website: www.myprotein.com
Thermopure is a supplement made by the UK-based company Myprotein.
Myprotein are one of the market leaders when it comes to health and fitness supplements in the UK market.
Thermopure contains some essential vitamins such as B6 and B12, along with Caffeine and some other ingredients.
The ingredients formula of Thermopure is a relatively straightforward and clean one.
Thermopure contains Green Tea Extract, L-Tyrosine, Caffeine, L-Theanine, Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper Extract and Vitamins B6 and B12, along with Chromium.
Here’s the full ingredients label, as shown on the Myprotein website at the time of writing:
• Myprotein are primarily a UK-based company, so they do not ship their products to all countries. Check their website for full details.
The Bottom Line
Thermopure is a supplement made by Myprotein which contains some familiar ingredients such as Cayenne Pepper and Green Tea Extract.
It also contains some Caffeine and some Vitamins such as B6 and B12.
7) PhysiqueSeries Stim Free
Product website: www.transparentlabs.com
PhysiqueSeries Stim Free Fat Burner is a supplement made by Transparent Labs.
It contains six different ingredients, including Acetyl L-Carnitine and Cayenne Pepper Extract.
As we mentioned above, the PhysiqueSeries Stim Free does not contain a great number of ingredients, with only six in total.
As you may have guessed by its name, this supplement does not contain Caffeine as one of its ingredients, so it is marketed as a “stim free” product.
You can check out the full ingredients list of Physiqueseries Stim Free below.
• Ingredients formula only contains one vitamin or mineral (Vitamin B12).
• It’s quite expensive at around $49 / £40 / €45 per bottle, which is around a month’s supply if you stick to the recommended dose.
The Bottom Line
Physiqueseries Stim Free is an option if you’re looking for a caffeine-free supplement in this category, although it is not cheap.
Among its ingredients are Acetyl L-Carnitine and Cayenne Pepper Extract. It also contains Vitamin B12.
8) Fat Metaboliser Capsules
Product website: www.proteinworld.com
Protein World’s Fat Metaboliser Capsules contain a range of different ingredients including Caffeine, Green Tea and Cayenne Extract.
Protein World are a popular supplement brand in the UK and they are probably best known for their protein powders.
The Protein World Fat Metaboliser Capsules contain 10 different ingredients in the formula. They include Yerba Mate Powder, Choline and L-Tyrosine.
The directions say that you should consider taking two to four capsules per day, depending on how sensitive you are to Caffeine.
Here is the full ingredients label for this supplement:
• Contains quite a lot of stimulants.
• Protein World is mainly a UK-based brand, but the website does say that they ship to USA, Europe and other countries.
The Bottom Line
The Protein World Fat Metaboliser supplement has been around for a few years now and contains a range of ingredients including Caffeine, Green Tea and Cayenne Extract.
9) Complete Thermogenic Stimulant Free
Product website: www.bulkpowders.com
Complete Thermogenic Stimulant Free is another supplement made by Bulk Powders.
It has been specifically formulated not to contain any Caffeine or other stimulants whatsoever.
Complete Thermogenic Stimulant Free contains a range of different ingredients, including L-Carnitine, a caffeine-free version of Green Tea Extract, a range of B Vitamins and Black Pepper Extract.
Here is the full ingredients list as shown on the Bulk Powders website:
• As Bulk Powders are primarily a UK-based brand, they do not currently ship to countries such as the USA.
• The directions say you should take six capsules per day, which is quite a lot.
The Bottom Line
Complete Thermogenic Stimulant Free is a caffeine-free supplement made by Bulk Powders and which contains a range of ingredients, including L-Carnitine and Green Tea Extract.
10) Lean Mode
Product website: www.evlnutrition.com
Lean Mode is manufactured by a company called Evlution Nutrition and is marketed as a “weight management” supplement.
It is also billed as a “stimulant free” supplement, meaning that it doesn’t use Caffeine or other stimulants as one of its main ingredients.
The Lean Mode ingredients formula is a fairly straightforward on. It contains Garcinia Cambogia, Green Coffee Bean Extract and Green Tea Extract as some of its inclusions.
Here is the Lean Mode ingredients formula, as shown on the official website at the time of writing:
• Lean Mode doesn’t contain any vitamins or minerals as ingredients.
The Bottom Line
Lean Mode is marketed as a non-stimulant supplement that contains ingredients such as Green Tea, Green Coffee Bean and Garcinia Cambogia.
It’s made by the Florida-based supplement company called Evlution Nutrition and is also available to buy on Amazon.
Things To Look Out For (And Avoid)
If you’ve done any research for yourself into so-called ‘fat burners\, you’ll already have come across some dodgy products.
As we’ve mentioned numerous times in this guide, sticking to a diet and exercise program in which you are burning more calories than you’re consuming is the main, widely-accepted treatment for achieving fat loss. This should always be your first move.
However, supplements like the ones on this page are marketed as being able to help support you on your fitness journey as you look to take responsibility for your body.
If you are thinking of trying a supplement in this category, here are some tips when picking one for yourself:
• If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is – Use common sense when looking at all supplements. Any product that makes outrageous claims about its benefits is unlikely to be effective. To be sure, we always recommend speaking to your doctor before thinking about trying any new supplement for the first time.
• Check for a fully-dosed formula – Most products require you to take a few (more than two) capsules each day. This is usually because the small size of the capsules means that the supplements need multiple servings to deliver the ingredients in the full doses listed on the label.
• Stay away from proprietary blends – Manufacturers of supplements can conceal the individual doses of the ingredients in a general ‘proprietary blend’. We generally think that this is something to avoid because it means you have no idea about how much of each individual ingredient is actually in the capsule. Always carefully check the label to make sure that the supplement you’re considering clearly shows exactly how much of each ingredient is included in each serving. You’ll notice that none of the products we featured on this page use proprietary blends.
• Check where the products are made – You’ll want to make sure that the products come from safe, legal and quality sources. As a starting point, you should check to make sure that the manufacturer uses cGMP and FDA approved facilities to make their supplements.
• Get advice from a pro – We always recommend speaking to your doctor before thinking about trying any new supplement for the first time or making any significant lifestyle changes.
What Are Some Of The Best Ingredients?
As you’ve likely already gathered, ‘fat burner’ supplements can contain a range of different ingredients. Here, we take a look at some of the most common ones found in the supplements in this category.
• Chromium – An essential mineral that your body needs in trace amounts to function properly. It contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism and the normal maintenance of blood glucose levels.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – Two essential vitamins that are very popular in supplements in this category. Vitamins B6 and B12 both contribute to a normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Zinc – A good ingredient that is often overlooked. Zinc is an essential mineral that contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism and normal protein synthesis, amongst other things.
• Green Tea Extract – This is one of our favorite ingredients at the moment and you’ve probably already come across it before. It’s available both as a hot drink, and in supplement form as an extract.
• Cayenne Pepper – Another popular ingredient for supplements in this category. Often also used as a cooking ingredient, you’ll find Cayenne Pepper as one of the main ingredients in many of the products in this category.
• Glucomannan – Glucomannan is a dietary fiber that usually comes from the root of the Konjac plant. At doses of 3g per day, it is known to contribute to weight loss in the context of an energy-restricted diet.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – This ingredient needs no introduction, as it’s being consumed by millions of people worldwide on a daily basis. It is, of course, present in tea and coffee, but what you may not know is that Caffeine is also a highly popular ingredient in sports supplements. That being said, you should be careful not to overdo it with Caffeine or other similar stimulants.
Anything Else To Consider?
We mentioned it at the start of this article, but it’s worth repeating. The most important thing to note is that the products featured on this list have not been proven to help with fat loss. Instead, they simply combine a range of ingredients which are sold as a food supplement.
As we already said at the start of this ‘fat burner’ guide, there are no shortcuts to success when it comes to losing body fat. Achieving your fitness goals requires hard work, patience and dedication.
You should always make sure that you are exercising regularly and eating healthily as your first step – and we strongly recommend to get these two things sorted before ever considering a so-called ‘fat burner’ supplement.
We also always recommend speaking to your doctor before considering making any major lifestyle changes or trying any supplements for the first time.
Wrapping Things Up – Our Final Thoughts
So there we have it, our guide to some of the best ‘fat burner’ UK, USA and worldwide-available supplements around at the moment.
Hunter Burn is an option if you’re looking for a premium product with a 3g daily dose of Glucomannan, and the Performance Lab SPORT Burn supplement may be a good choice if you’re on a budget and are looking for a stimulant-free product that’s also vegan friendly.
The information on this website is intended for entertainment purposes only and does not constitute professional, medical or healthcare advice or diagnosis, and may not be used as such.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ryan Carter
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard