Getting older is a natural part of life – but that doesn’t mean that it should come at the expense of our overall health and vitality.
Maintaining healthy testosterone levels is a sure-fire way to make sure that you’re able to look and feel at your best, even as the years tick by.
That’s why more and more men over 40 and 50 are turning to testosterone booster supplements to help maintain healthy levels of the male hormone in their system.
This article is going to take you through all of the things you should look for when picking out a testosterone booster supplement, including some things to avoid as well.
If you’re in a hurry, you can jump to our top recommended testosterone booster for older guys called Prime Male.
Otherwise, join us as we take a look at how a quality testosterone booster supplement can help to boost your results both inside and outside of the gym.
This article will focus on the following points:
• What are testosterone boosters?
• The ingredients to look for
• What to avoid
• The best testosterone booster for men over 40 and 50
• Anything else to consider?
• Conclusion – Our final thoughts
So let’s get started and begin taking a look at what natural testosterone boosters are, and how they work.
So, you’re probably wondering just what testosterone boosters actually are, and how they can help you.
Simply put, they are a type of supplement that contain a range of natural ingredients designed to help get your body producing more testosterone naturally.
Declining testosterone levels are a normal part of getting older – but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t ways to combat this.
The testosterone booster market has exploded in recent years, and that means more choice than ever when it comes to picking supplements in this category.
That being said, a lot of the products on sale these days tend to be geared towards younger men who are looking to pack on lean muscle in the gym.
So finding a product that’s been specifically geared towards older men in their 40s and 50s is a bit more tricky.
In case you didn’t already know, the average man loses one per cent of his testosterone every year, starting around age 30.
Let’s now cover the main things that maintaining healthy testosterone levels is important for:
• Build More Muscle – It will be easier to build muscle
• Lose Fat – Shed those stubborn areas of fat
• Improved Mood and Confidence – Turn back the clock and feel at your best
• Increased Libido – You’ll feel more confident around the opposite sex
Testosterone is vitally important for you staying an energetic, healthy, and sexually active man.
Having low testosterone levels can cause problems such as fatigue, weight gain and low confidence and mood.
Testosterone booster supplements are specifically designed to give your body more of the natural fuel it needs to produce more testosterone.
To be clear, these supplements do not contain any actual testosterone (that would be illegal) but instead they contain a range of vitamins, minerals and plant extracts designed to get you performing at your best in all areas.
Now that we’ve looked at the basic facts about testosterone booster supplements, it’s time to take a look at the natural ingredients you should be looking for in your product.
There are many different ingredients used in testosterone boosters, and the actual formulas can vary greatly from manufacturer to manufacturer.
However, there are some key ingredients that the best products use and that have been shown in studies to have beneficial effects in helping to raise testosterone levels.
Here are the main ingredients you should look for in a testosterone booster supplement.
• D-Aspartic Acid – This really is the first ingredient you should look for when picking a testosterone booster. It’s been shown in studies to elevate testosterone levels in men – and sometimes within just a matter of days. You’ll need a relatively high dose of this ingredient for it to be effective – between 2000mg and 3000mg is best.
• Magnesium and Zinc – Two essential minerals you should look for when picking a testosterone booster. That’s because they both play an important role in a number of bodily processes – and many people do not get enough of them from their diet. Both of these minerals have been shown to support healthy testosterone levels.
• Vitamin D – We all know that our bodies produce Vitamin D naturally when our skin is exposed to direct sunlight. But it can be difficult to get enough all year round. Studies have linked a Vitamin D deficiency to low testosterone levels, so it’s a good inclusion for any T-Booster.
• Boron – Another mineral which has shown promise in being able to raise testosterone levels. It can help to reduce the levels of sex hormone binding globulin in your system, which can result in more free testosterone.
• Fenugreek – As well as being a rich source of Magnesium, Zinc and Selenium, Fenugreek on its own has shown promise at being a good testosterone boosting ingredient. There have been a number of studies which suggest that supplementing with this extract – a common ingredient in dishes such as curries – can have a positive effect on testosterone levels.
• Ginseng – This is a plant extract which has been used to help boost levels. It’s also known for its role in helping to promote sexual function in men, which makes it a good inclusion for a testosterone booster supplement.
Nettle Root – Another good ingredient that has shown promise in being able to reduce the levels of sex hormone binding globulin in your body, which can result in more free testosterone in your system.
• Black Pepper Extract – This is a good ingredient for any kind of supplement. That’s because it’s able to boost the absorption of the other ingredients in your body – and that means a more effective supplement overall.
There are a few testosterone booster ingredients that are commonly found in supplements in this category, but aren’t all they’re cracked up to be.
• Tribulus Terrestris – This is actually one of the more popular testosterone boosting ingredients that made its way into a lot of the early products in this category. However, although it is believed to promote overall male health, it’s not believed to actually influence testosterone levels.
• Too much Zinc – We’ve already described Zinc as one of the best ingredients for helping to boost testosterone levels, but you still need to keep an eye out for supplements which use too much. Too much Zinc can cause a range of unwanted side effects, and a dose of up to 40mg daily should be enough to deliver the benefits without any downsides.
We promised that we would bring you our top recommendation of the best testosterone booster for men over 40 and 50, so let’s do just that.
Product website: www.primemale.com
Prime Male is currently our top recommended testosterone booster for older men. It’s made by a specialist supplements company called Propura and it’s been specifically formulated with older men in mind.
Not only does it include all of the ingredients we’ve listed above that you should look for in a testosterone booster, but it also has great reviews and a strong reputation as one of the market leading supplements in this category.
It’s also covered by a 90-day money-back manufacturer guarantee, so if you’re not happy after 90 days, you can asked for a full refund.
Prime Male contains good doses of the following important testosterone boosting ingredients:
• D-Aspartic Acid
• Magnesium and Zinc
• Black Pepper Extract
You can see the ingredients in full on the label shown below.
The Key Benefits
• Build muscle faster – Make the most of your workouts.
• Boost your mood and confidence – Turn back the clock and enjoy the prime years of your life in peak condition.
• Increase sex drive – You’ll feel your libido increase along with your testosterone levels.
Reduce fatigue – Increase your energy levels and feel at your best.
• You can only buy it from the official website at www.primemale.com
• Premium-priced product. It may not fit into everyone’s budget.
In summary, Prime Male is our top recommended testosterone booster for men over 40 and 50 because it’s one of the few products out there that’s been tailored for older guys, and it has the ingredients and customer reviews to back it up.
To find out more about Prime Male and to buy now, visit: www.primemale.com
You should always remember that there is no ‘miracle’ supplement that will solve all of your problems for you.
Even the very best supplements on the market will be useless to you unless you combine them with sensible lifestyle choices.
That means making sure that you’re eating right, sticking to a solid exercise regime and getting plenty of rest.
Of course, if you’re already making the right lifestyle choices, then adding a high quality testosterone booster such as Prime Male to your daily regimen can indeed make a big difference to your results.
So, here we are at the end of our guide to the best testosterone booster for men over 40 and 50.
We walked you through exactly what testosterone boosters are, and the key ingredients you should be looking for when picking a supplement of this type.
We’ve also looked at some of the things you should avoid, and picked out Prime Male by Propura as our top recommended testosterone booster for older guys on the market right now.
Remember, a testosterone booster supplement is not going to do all of the hard work for you.
But if you’re able to combine a high quality product with the correct lifestyle choices (the right nutrition, exercise and rest) then you can expect to see a big improvements in your results both inside and outside of the gym.
The Sport Review's product reviews and guides are independent advice you can trust. Sometimes, we earn revenue if you click the links and buy the products. The reviews and guides are produced through a mix of expert opinion and real-world testing.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga