UPDATE: We’ve updated this guide with the latest information and products for 2018. We currently rate TestoFuel and Prime Male as the best testosterone boosters on the market right now. We’ll be reviewing and updating this article with the very latest information throughout the whole of 2018.
You don’t have to spend hours researching the best products, as our team of experts have done the hard work for you, pouring over countless studies and scientific research papers to select the best products on sale today.
Our experienced researchers have analysed countless ingredient research studies, checked out real customer reviews and testimonials and tried loads of testosterone booster supplements to pick the best and most effective products out there.
Testosterone levels in men have been on the decline for decades. In a recent study in the USA, the total levels of testosterone levels measured in men’s blood dropped approximately 22 per cent between 1987 and 2004.
Of course, it’s perfectly natural for your testosterone levels to drop later in life. It’s a natural part of getting older. However, what makes the recent studies remarkable is that they show that testosterone levels have dropped across the board.
In short, men have less testosterone than they used to at the same age – and the problem seems to be getting worse.
Scientists have not yet been able to find out exactly why this is happening, but it’s believed that it could be down to a number of environmental factors, including an increase in the number of chemicals we’re exposed to in the womb.
Are you struggling to build muscle in the gym despite training hard and eating right? Do you find yourself low on energy and feel as if your confidence has taken a dive? Are you less excited about life than you used to be?
Testosterone could be the ‘missing link’ holding you back.
Low testosterone levels used to be thought of as a problem for older guys, but the research shows that it’s now affecting the younger generations.
Testosterone levels in men usually start dropping by around one per cent each year after the age of 30, but the fact that overall T levels are down across the board means that the problem is starting to gain more and more attention in modern society.
Think about it, would you say that men are generally less ‘masculine’ these days than they used to be?
As well as being the male sex hormone which drives masculine behaviours, Testosterone plays a vital role in your overall health due to its anabolic effects.
The fact that testosterone levels in men have been dropping so dramatically in recent years should be a serious concern, yet most guys are completely unaware of the problem.
The truth is, men are taking some serious biological punches in modern life.
Whether you’ve been diagnosed as having low testosterone by a doctor or you suspect that may be the case, thankfully there are some quality natural supplements to combat this growing problem.
• Effectiveness – Does the product actually do what it clams to? We closely examined each of the ingredients and their doses and read real customer reviews to judge how good the supplement really is.
• Safety and side effects – Does it contain any risky or harmful ingredients? We only considered supplements that contain 100 per cent natural and safe ingredients. We made sure that the products we picked didn’t contain any dangerous side-effect inducing ingredients. The testosterone boosters we’ve selected do not contain any actual testosterone (which would be very risky). Instead, they supply your body with the nutrients it needs to produce more testosterone naturally.
• Company reputation – We took a thorough look at the manufacturers of the products. By checking out the other supplements in their lines and seeing how effective they are, as well as what existing customers are saying, we made sure that the companies behind the products are reliable.
• Who is the product made for? – After doing our research, we found that there are usually two types of guys who are looking to boost their testosterone levels:
1) Younger guys who feel like they could do with a boost in T levels to help them build muscle and gain more confidence.
2) Older men who want to ‘turn back the clock’ and inject some fresh vigour into their everyday life.
We kept these two groups of guys in mind and picked a product for each situation.
So, without further ado, here’s our ultimate pick of the best testosterone boosters on sale right now:
Product website: www.testofuel.com
The perfect formula to boost your results both inside and outside the gym. TestoFuel is the testosterone booster to use if you’re a younger guy looking to build more lean muscle and increase your confidence in every area of your life.
TestoFuel is made by specialist supplements company Roar Ambition, and you’ll probably have already come across this product if you’ve done any research for yourself.
When we carried out our research, this product came up as number one in countless review websites, and judging by the customer feedback, it’s not hard to see why.
The main benefits:
• Reduce body fat – Normal testosterone levels help you to burn more fat.
• Increase lean muscle mass – Building fat-free muscle mass will become easier and you’ll start to see your hard work in the gym pay off.
• Libido boost – T is a sex hormone, after all. Not a bad side effect.
• Increase confidence – Your overall mood will improve and you’ll feel more confident around the opposite sex.
• Safe, effective and legal – Doesn’t contain any risky or banned ingredients. It’s a totally natural formula and is completely safe.
• Fully dosed servings – Lots of the products we researched didn’t deliver anywhere near enough of the individual ingredients for them to be effective. TestoFuel contains most of the top ingredients – and at the right doses.
We found that Testofuel had the best blend of the top natural testosterone boosting ingredients around at the moment. The top ones are:
• D-Aspartic Acid – The most powerful of natural testosterone boosting ingredients. This amino acid has been shown to increase testosterone levels in men. In one study, men aged 27 to 37 took a daily dose of DAA. After 12 days, their testosterone levels had risen by an average of more than 40 per cent.
• Magnesium – Not just a popular health supplement these days, Magnesium works to combat low testosterone levels by inhibiting the Sex Hormone Binding Globulin. This, in turn, helps to prevent SHBG from negatively affecting your testosterone levels.
• Vitamin D – Known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’, our bodies produce Vitamin D when our skin is exposed to direct sunlight. However, if you don’t live in a warm country, the chances are you could do with a boost. One study showed that men with a Vitamin D deficiency had less free testosterone in their system.
• Zinc – A Zinc deficiency can cause low testosterone levels and impotence.
• Oyster Extract – A perfect source of Zinc. Indeed, oysters contain more zinc than a beef steak by as much as 10x.
Here’s the ingredients list in full, along with the exact amounts:
We found that the other ingredients also have credible studies to show they can help boost testosterone levels.
How to take it
Each bottle contains 120 capsules, which is a month’s supply. You take one capsule, four times per day.
Because it doesn’t contain any stimulants like caffeine, you can take it in the evening without worrying about it affecting your sleep.
What are other people saying about it?
We found endless reviews of TestoFuel online and the vast majority of the feedback was positive.
There are a few impressive testimonials on the official website which show guys who have made some pretty impressive transformations.
We did find a few people who said that the product didn’t work for them. Every supplement we looked into had some negative reviews, and it’s hard to say if these people are taking the product as advised and whether they’re making healthy lifestyle choices to help get the most out of it.
Price, shipping and where to buy
The price for one bottle is $65 / £39 / €45. They have a promotion on where you buy three bottles and get a fourth free. That works out at around $48 / £29 / €33 per bottle and includes free worldwide shipping.
You can’t buy this product in the shops at the moment. It’s only available directly from the manufacturer from the official website.
When you buy the three-box deal, you’re covered by their money-back guarantee.
The product is made in approved facilities in both the USA and UK and they ship worldwide.
• You can only buy it from the official website, so you won’t find it in the shops or on other sites such as Amazon or eBay.
• It’s a premium priced product, so may not fit into everyone’s budget. The quality ingredients and doses come at a price.
• You’ve got to take four capsules per day, which could be annoying for people with busy lives.
• The capsules contain gelatin, so if you’re vegan or vegetarian, you’ll have to break them open and mix the contents with water. That’s not ideal.
The bottom line
If you’re looking for the best way to effectively boost you testosterone levels naturally and want the top product on the market, then TestoFuel is the right choice for you.
A huge amount of research has gone into the ingredients so you know that they’re effective, safe and legal. There’s no need to worry about unwanted side-effects.
The only drawbacks we found were the premium price tag and the fact that you can only buy it from the official website. The positive thing about that though is that at least you can be confident that the product you’re getting is 100 per cent authentic.
The customer reviews were very positive and it’s made by a reputable supplements company, who seem like they do a lot to keep customers happy.
We recommend it as the best natural testosterone booster on the market right now. For noticeable results, we recommend that you commit to at least 2-3 months of using it.
Product website: www.primemale.com
During our research, we found that a lot of the testosterone boosters on sale at the moment seem to be aimed towards younger guys who want to boost their results in the gym.
So we started looking for a product that had been specifically tailored for older men who are looking to increase testosterone levels in a safe a natural way.
Prime Male contains many of the same ingredients as TestoFuel but the manufacturer has subtly tweaked the stack for optimal effects in older guys.
The main benefits:
• Specifically formulated for older guys
• Increase energy levels
• Boost libido
• Reduce body fat
• Increase strength
• Safe, effective and legal
Prime Male contains 12 ingredients which have all been thoroughly researched as effective at helping to combat low testosterone.
The top ingredients are:
• D-Aspartic Acid – An amino acid with powerful effects. Multiple studies have shown that men supplementing with DAA on a regular basis have higher levels of testosterone.
• Korean red ginseng – Used for centuries to boost the immune system, ginseng has also been shown to significantly increase testosterone levels in lab animals.
• Nettle root extract – Nettles have been shown to significantly reduce oestrogen levels, which is a good strategy for raising serum testosterone levels.
• Zinc – A zinc deficiency has been shown to lead to low testosterone levels.
Here are all of the ingredients in full:
Prime Male also contains good doses of Vitamin D, Vitamin K2 and Magnesium, all of which contribute to healthy testosterone levels.
How to take it:
You take one capsule, four times a day. Each bottle contains 120 capsules, meaning that one will last you for a month.
What are people saying about it?
Like with TestoFuel, we found huge numbers of reviews online and many success stories about Prime Male.
The official website features testimonials from men who lost lots of weight and increased their lean muscle mass significantly after only a few months of use.
There was one guy who said that he felt like he had turned the clock back by years after just a few weeks of use.
You can check out the full list of testimonials with before and after pictures by clicking here.
Price, shipping and where to buy
One bottle costs $69 / £39 / €49. They also have deal on where you buy three bottles and get a fourth free. That works out at around $51 / £29 / €36 per bottle. Seeing as you’ll probably want to commit to a few months of using it, this seems like a sensible option.
You’re also fully covered by their results guarantee promise if you take the three-bottle deal.
Like TestoFuel, the product is made in certified facilities in both the UK and USA and shipped worldwide from both countries. You can expect to get it within a matter of days.
• You can only buy it on the official website at the moment
• It’s a premium product, meaning that it may not fit into everyone’s budget
• You have to take four capsules a day, which will take a while to get used to
The bottom line
If you’re an older guy looking to boost your testosterone levels in a safe and natural way, Prime Male is the best product for you.
It contains the best, heavily researched natural ingredients shown to combat low testosterone levels in a safe, legal and effective way.
The customers who take this product seem to swear by it.
The only real drawbacks are the fact that you can only buy it directly from the manufacturers’ website right now, meaning it’s not available in the shops or on other websites, and that it has a premium price tag.
We recommend it as the best testosterone booster for older men right now. For the best results, we recommend taking it for at least a couple of months.
Low testosterone is a serious problem amongst men these days, and not very many people are talking about it.
While there are likely to be many contributing factors to the decrease in testosterone levels in modern men, we always recommend making healthy lifestyle choices to help combat the decline.
That means sticking to a healthy diet full of plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables – and combining it with regular exercise.
So there we have it, our official pick of the best testosterone boosters on sale right now. We’ve taken you through the good ingredients to look for and narrowed it down to two products. TestoFuel is our top pick for younger guys looking to build more muscle at the gym, while Prime Male is our choice for older men.
The Sport Review's product reviews are independent advice you can trust. Sometimes, we earn revenue if you click the links and buy the products, but we don't allow this to bias our coverage. The reviews are produced through a mix of expert opinion and real-world testing.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news