Best Wireless Earbuds For Running UK 2021
We take a look at some of the leading wireless earbuds for runners in the UK to accompany you during your workouts
Do you like to run to the sound of music?
I like to have some music playing when I’m running, whether it’s a 5k, 10k or 15k.
There’s no denying that your favourite song can help to keep you motivated during those gruelling final miles of your run.
Other joggers may prefer to listen to their favourite podcasts or audiobooks, being inspired by the stories of sporting legends with every step.
Nowadays, there’s no shortage of wireless earbuds on the market, so you never need to get in a tangle with your earphones cables again.
The wireless earbud market has also improved a lot since the first pair hit the market a few years ago.
Most wireless earbuds have a battery life of six to 15 hours and don’t take long to charge, and most are also designed to withstand even the sweatiest runners like me.
In this article, we’re going to take a look at the three of the best wireless earbuds for runners in the UK right now.
We’ll consider some key factors such as battery life, charging time, wearability, affordability and what other runners have to say about the wireless earbuds.
Jump To Section
Best Wireless Earbuds For Running – Top Three Picks
|Jaybird Vista||• Our top pick • 16 hr battery life • Sweatproof • Lightweight||Buy Now|
|Bose Sport Earbuds||• Lifelike sound • Touch controls • Bose App||Buy Now|
|Creative Outlier Air V2||• 34 hr playtime • Assistant Help • Touch controls||Buy Now|
Things To Look For In Wireless Earbuds For Running
• Weight – You don’t want your wireless earbuds to be too heavy. If the design isn’t sleek, you may find yourself constantly adjusting your earbuds while you’re running, which nobody wants. Generally speaking, the lighter, the better.
• Feel – Continuing on from our previous point, feel is so important when it comes to wireless earbuds. You want the wireless earbuds to feel secure in your ear – you don’t want to be distracted worrying about one of your earbuds falling out. There’s nothing worse than when one of your earbuds won’t sit properly in your ear and you waste energy trying to readjust. While the fit should be snug, you don’t want it to be uncomfortably tight either. Most wireless earbuds come with different silicone ear tips so you can find a nice, tight fit that works best for you.
• Audio quality – The primary purpose of a pair of wireless earbuds is to play your favourite audiobook, podcast or tunes while you run, so the audio quality needs to be crystal clear. Whether you want some banging bass or clear and crisp voices from your favourite podcaster, audio quality is crucial for an enjoyable experience.
• Controls – The advances in technology within this particular industry mean that most wireless earbuds can be controlled with your fingertips. It’s worth spending 10 minutes to carefully read the instructions as each wireless earbud will have slightly different controls. Dedicating this time to learning how to use your wireless earphones will prove crucial when you need to quickly hit pause on a run rather than fumbling around.
• Battery life – There’s nothing worse than setting out on a 10k run only for your wireless earbuds to die around the 5k mark. It’s going to be a lonely next 20 minutes or so for you. In the past few years, the battery life of wireless earbuds has improved a lot. Most good wireless earbuds will last at least six hours – so that’s around 60k of running time.
• Charging time – When they do die, you may need a quick turnaround if you use your wireless earbuds for more than just running. The options featured in this article all come with a case to charge your earbuds. The case can be plugged into your computer or USB outlet with a cable.
• Price – Wireless earbuds have never been more affordable given the vast range of options on the market. Depending on your budget, you can go for an entry-level pair or invest in a high quality option.
• Customer reviews – While we’ve given all three products mentioned in this article a sweaty test run, we’ve also looked at the reviews of other customers to see what they have to say. This helps to provide a good steer on how companies operate, especially when customers run into unforeseen problems with their wireless earbuds.
Best Wireless Earbuds For Running UK 2021 – Our Pick
So, now that we’ve taken a look at some of the key things to look out for when searching for wireless earbuds for running, it’s time to examine our pick of three of the best options on the market in the UK at the moment.
1) Jaybird Vista
Jaybird Vista are lightweight wireless earbuds with an impressive battery life.
The Jaybird Vista box comes with Vista Totally Wireless Sport Headphones, secure-fit eargels 1/2/3, charge case and USB C charging cable.
These compact headphones have a comfortable fit with a premium sound that comes with a customisable EQ. You can create personal sound profiles and save them to your buds using Jaybird’s app.
Jaybird’s wireless earbuds provide six hours of audio on full charge, plus 10 more with the Vista charging case. Additionally, the charging case can provide a five-minute quick charge that provides one hour of play time.
• Weatherproof, dustproof, sweatproof and drop resistant
• Three interchangeable silicone eargels
• 16-hour battery life with charging case
• 32 hours uninterrupted bud use
• Compact design
• Customizable EQ
• Three colours – black, mineral blue and nimbus grey
• Premium price
• Charging case picks up little marks
What Customers Are Saying
At the time of writing, Jaybird Vista get an average rating of 4.4 stars out of 5 from nearly 1,400 reviews on Amazon.
Action described these earbuds as a “first-class product”.
First time I’ve used true wireless and these exceed my expectations by miles. Got super sweaty on wattbike today and they didn’t budge. Sound quality is great. The fact there are no wires and no inline remote that weighs one side down is the biggest win for me. Always have full charge too as stored in battery case. First class product.
Paul explained why he was left impressed with these Jaybird earbuds.
I’ve used these on a couple of runs now, and for me they beat the ailing Soundsport in every way. The sound quality actually made me “woah” out loud, the fit means I’ve been on swift 10k runs without having to readjust them once, and battery life is (so far) brilliant.
David described these Jaybird earphones as perfect for runners.
My biggest worry when buying earbuds for running was ‘would they fall out’. I did a 6mile run on and off road, they did NOT at any point feel like they would come out They were extremely comfortable. Highly recommend these if you want a pair of earbuds for running.
Jaybird Vista are priced at £159.99 on Jaybird’s UK website.
Jaybird Vista are one of the most comfortable wireless earbuds that I’ve tested.
The sound is clear and crisp, cancelling out any external noise from traffic, tractors in a field or hikers.
These Vista headphones are extremely comfortable but remain in place in spite of sweat or rigorous movement.
The charging case is light and small so you can easily slip it into a zipped pocket on your run or gym workout.
You can use the Jaybird app to customise the controls for your Jaybird Vista, whether you want a quick shortcut to skip a track, increase or decrease volume or hit pause.
2) Bose Sport Earbuds
Bose Sport Earbuds are designed to elevate your workout with acclaimed lifelike sound.
Their website explains that their proprietary technologies make your music sound clear and balanced irrespective of the volume.
By incorporating eartips, these Bose headphones shouldn’t hurt your ears so you can train in comfort and be confident your wireless earbuds won’t fall out.
They provide up to five hours of battery life. When the case is fully charged, it can provide two full charges for up to 10 more hours of use.
You can also use their free app to name your earbuds, set your controls, check battery life and more.
• Superb sound
• Five hours of battery life
• Additional 10 hours with charger case
• Moisture and sweat resistance
• Easy-to-use app
• Premium price
• Comfortable fit but slightly loose
What Customers Are Saying
Bose Sport Earbuds get an average rating of 4.3 stars out of 5 based upon over 8,000 reviews on Amazon.
Jo was thrilled that Bose met her hight expectations with the Sports Earbuds.
After a lot of research (I wanted these predominantly for running) I chose the Bose Sport Earbuds. Although more expensive than some I am thrilled with them. Have small ears but the smallest fitting as perfect. Stay in comfortably. Beautiful sound quality. Simple straightforward app to use with them. As you’d expect from Bose, quality feel even down to the charging case.
Simon hasn’t had any issues with his Bose Sport Earbuds coming out during a workout.
It took a few months to make a decision on which buds to buy but I can say after a few weeks I made the right choice. Incredibly comfy, great sound and they’ve not come out once while exercising.
Mick gave a glowing five-star review of these earbuds.
The Bose Earbuds are superb from all directions, the sound is superb and I e used them when at the gym and out on the bike and no problems were encountered at all. That’s what I expect from Bose.
The Bose Sport Earbuds are available to buy in three different colours – baltic blue, glacier white and triple black. These wireless earbuds are priced at £179.95 on Bose’s website.
As an avid runner, I liked the lightweight feel of the Bose Sport Earbuds.
They’ve got a slightly inferior battery life to the Jaybird Vista but this Bose offering compensate with outstanding sound quality.
I like quite a tight fit when it comes to wireless earbuds. While Bose felt secure, the fit wasn’t quite as snug as I would have liked.
Having said that, Bose’s app was easy to use so I had no trouble customising the controls to suit my needs.
3) Creative Outlier Air V2
Creative Outlier Air V2 are a more affordable wireless earbud option for readers of this article with a tight budget.
They boast 34 hours of total playtime from a single charge, which is an increase of 13 per cent on its predecessor. The Creative Outlier Air V2 have a wide range of intuitive controls for playback mode, pause mode, call model and bluetooth pairing mode.
These wireless earbuds are water resistant so perfect for sweaty workouts, but Creative have designed these headphones to be comfortable for all-day wear.
With a reasonable price point, Creative Outlier Air V2 are a good entry point for runners who are looking to try wireless earbuds for the first time.
• Up to 34 hours of battery life
• Touch control
• Water resistant
• Smart assistants
• Super X-FI technology
• Affordable Price
• Fit could be tighter
• Earbuds connect to Bluetooth separately
What Customers Are Saying
Creative Outlier Air V2 gets an average rating of 4.1 stars out of 5 based upon 128 reviews on Amazon.
One Amazon customer felt that these wireless earbuds represented great value for money.
Lovely, comfortable and high quality ear buds. Great sound reproduction, makes great use of TWS, the best earbuds I’ve tried!
Yaro was pleased with the latest offering from Creative.
Lightweight, perfect fit in the ear, sound quality as usual at the highest level. This is Creative you can always trust.
This Amazon customer revealed his big gripe with these earbuds.
These have decent sound when you can keep them connected. Tried on both iPhone and Android, the issue is that both are separate devices on Bluetooth Left and Right but sometimes they loose connection to either each other or the phone. So you’d get times when you have a voice call, the go back to music and only one side was working. Or you’d connect one but the other wouldn’t connect and then you’d have a game of jumping from ear to ear.
The Creative Outlier Air V2 are priced at £64.99 on Creative’s website.
If you value design and style, Creative’s Outlier Air V2 deliver with a sleek look.
The charging case and earphones have a cool appearance but user experience could be smoother.
The Creative Outlier Air V2 differ from the other models in this feature in that the left earbud and right earbud have to be paired to your phone via Bluetooth separately.
I did encounter some issues with the left or right earbud dropping the connection if I got a call or it picked up another device.
Apart from that, Creative Outlier Air V2 produce a high quality sound and a comfortable fit.
Wrapping Up – Our Final Thoughts
We’ve reached the end of our feature on the best wireless earbuds for runners in the UK.
My top pick would be the Jaybird Vista for sound, battery life and fit. Customising the controls was easy thanks to their app.
Having said, Bose Sport Earbuds are another fantastic option for joggers who are willing to spend a little more for quality. Their earbuds oozes the quality that you would expect from a Bose product.
Creative Outlier Air V2 are a more affordable option for runners who are working with a budget. Although pairing can be a little tricky, they deliver on appearance and sound.