If you’re looking to find out whether Boombod is worth trying or not, then you’ve landed on the right page.
This Boombod review is going to focus on the key areas of this supplement to see where it stands in comparison to the other supplements out there in this category.
Boombod is made by a company based in the UK that has been in business for over five years.
The makers claim that Boombod is free of artificial preservatives and should help you to hit your goals without laxatives, sugar, gluten, aspartame or caffeine.
Lots of celebs and influencers have given Boombod positive publicity in recent months – but does the product live up to the hype or not?
Initially created as a product for women, Boombod has had major success in the female-focused supplements market.
This has meant the brand has been able to command a hefty price tag and more recently the company has diversified its range in order to cater to men as well.
From what we can tell, the company seems to be more geared towards UK customers as shipping is free for them.
For customers around the world, there is a shipping fee that varies depending on where you are.
So, does Boombod live up to the hype? Let’s take a closer look at this supplement from all angles to find out.
Boombod uses the active ingredient Glucomannan, which in the right doses might can help to contribute to weight loss in the context of an energy-restricted diet.
On top of this, Boombod uses a number of vitamins and minerals to support normal bodily functions.
These might not necessarily lead you to hitting your goals, but the theory is they will help prevent deficiencies and support normal bodily function, when used alongside a healthy and balanced diet.
Boombod’s main active ingredient is Glucomannan. But the other ingredients, such as the vitamins and minerals, ensure the supplement remains healthy and useful.
However, we do feel that for the price that there could have been more ingredients, but that’s just our opinion.
Here is what you need to know about the ingredients to help you make your decision.
• Glucomannan – This is considered to be Boombod’s ‘special’ ingredient. As we mentioned above, Glucomannan can contribute to weight loss in the context of an energy-restricted diet. A dose of 3g per day is considered optimal. In case you didn’t know, Glucomannan is a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant.
• Vitamin B6 – Vitamin B6, also called Pyridoxine, is an essential nutrient. Our bodies do not produce Vitamin B6, and as such we can only get it from food. In case you didn’t know, Vitamin B6 contributes to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Vitamin B12 – This is an essential nutrient for the normal functioning of the brain and the nervous system. Additionally, it is important in the creation of red blood cells as well as DNA in all cells. Just like Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12 contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, as well as normal energy release.
• Vitamin B2 – Also known as Riboflavin, this is a water-soluble vitamin that is responsible for a number of things. It contributes to the maintenance of normal skin and vision, amongst other things. It also contributes to normal energy release and the normal functioning of the nervous system. It’s an important Vitamin and it was good to find it in the Boombod formula.
• Chromium – This is another essential mineral that we like to see in supplements of this category. In case you didn’t know, Chromium contributes to normal protein, carbohydrate and fat metabolism. It also contributes to the maintenance of normal blood glucose levels. It’s another good inclusion in the Boombod formula.
• Zinc – Zinc is another essential mineral that plays a number of roles in bodily processes. Amongst its roles, Zine contributes to normal carbohydrate metabolism, normal fertility and reproduction and normal protein syntheses (so it supports muscle growth). It is also important for the maintenance of normal hair, skin and nails. It’s great to see Zinc used in the Boombod formula.
Here is the full Boombod ingredients formula, for all three sachets:
• Choline – We’re surprised that this ingredient is not found in more dietary supplements. That’s because Choline contributes to normal lipid (fat) metabolism and normal homocysteine metabolism when used in amounts of 82.5mg or more. It may also support the body’s natural ability to detoxify due to it contributing to the normal functioning of the liver.
• Natural Caffeine – We can seldom talk about a supplement of this type without mentioning some form of caffeine. And unless you are new to the world of these types of supplements, you’ll be well aware of its benefits. Some natural sources of caffeine include green tea, guarana, and green coffee beans.
Boombod does not seem to have serious side effects, at least not from the reviews we’ve read.
It is also important to drink any supplement that uses Glucomannan with at least 200ml of water.
As always, we strongly recommend that you take a close look at the label for yourself before thinking about taking any supplement for the first time. That ensures that you’ll be able to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
It’s also important to speak to a certified medical professional before taking any new supplement for the first time.
Given that it’s widely on sale in the UK in retail outlets and worldwide via the official website, Boombod is likely to be generally safe.
However, like any other supplement, it is imperative that you speak to a certified medical professional if you have any allergies or sensitivities.
If you are on medication or have any underlying medical condition, it is even more essential that you see a doctor before you start taking Boombod.
When you receive your Boombod 7 Day Achiever pack, you get 21 sachets of the supplement.
There are three sachets per day, the Morning Energizer, the Afternoon Motivator and the Night Rejuvenator. You can elect to either buy the 7, 21 or 28-day package.
There is also a choice of flavors, including blackcurrant, lemon-lime, mango orange or black cherry. The there are four flavors for women but currently only Black Cherry for men.
Boombod is pretty easy to use. All you need to do is to add one sachet of the supplement and stir in around 200ml of water.
It is recommended that you take it 30 minutes before you eat, in the morning, afternoon and the evening.
Most of the reviews of Boombod we found on the official found were positive. Most consumers insist that the product works in two or three weeks and that their appetite reduced when they were using Boombod.
Other customers have suggested that they felt less bloated.
There are no Boombod reviews on Amazon since the product is yet to be listed there.
On the Holland and Barrett website, Boombod had an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars from more than 1900 reviews, at the time of writing this article.
Inevitably, we did come across some negative reviews, with some people claiming that they did not see results.
The Boombod reviews we found online were generally positive and most consumers seemed to feel that the product offers benefits.
Boombod is a decent option and definitely seems to be one of the more popular supplements in this category.
However, it’s one of the more expensive products out there, and it’s missing a couple of our favorite ingredients.
You can see our updated guide to the best so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
As we always like to remind our readers, there is no such thing as a ‘magic supplement’ to give you the results you want.
You should always make sure that you are sticking to a healthy diet and exercise regime before even thinking about taking a new supplement.
Getting the basics right first is more important than taking any supplement.
Working to make sure that your diet, training regime and recovery periods are on point should always be your first port of call.
So, here we are at the end of our Boombod review.
Boombod is one of the most expensive supplements we have come across in this category, but it also seems to be one of the more popular options out there.
We like the fact that it includes some good ingredients such as Glucomannan and Vitamins B6 and B12.
However, it’s expensive price and the fact that it’s missing a few of our favorite ingredients means that we don’t rate it as one of the very best options out there right now.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge