C4 Ripped Cellucor – Reviews, Ingredients and Price
We take a look at the C4 Ripped supplement by Cellucor, paying close attention to the ingredients and doses
C4 Ripped is a pre workout supplement made by Cellucor that’s been designed to help support your training and exercise goals.
Available to buy at: www.bodybuilding.com
As well as being a pre workout supplement, C4 Ripped is also claimed to help support you with its “thermogenic” formula as you look to achieve your fitness goals.
It’s worth noting that C4 Ripped is available in both a powder form, to be mixed with water to make a flavoured drink, and also in capsule form. In this article, we’re going to be focusing on the powder version of this supplement.
In case you don’t already know, ‘pre workout’ supplements are designed to be consumed before periods of exercise, and they are usually formulated with a range of ingredients including vitamins, minerals, stimulants and amino acids.
Editor's note: The content on this website is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. Our articles and the products featured in them are not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. Always speak with a certified medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle, diet, exercise routine, and/or taking any supplements.
The purpose of this article is for us to take a close look at the C4 Ripped supplement to see where it stands.
We’re going to be paying particularly close attention to the facts about this supplement, such as the ingredients, the doses and the directions.
So, with the main introductions out of the way, let’s start taking a closer look at the C4 Ripped supplement.
Jump To Section
Cellucor C4 Ripped – The Basics
As we have already mentioned, C4 Ripped is a powdered pre workout supplement that’s been formulated with ingredients to help support your health and fitness goals.
Cellucor are one of the biggest names in the supplements market and we have already reviewed their C4 Original Pre Workout here on the site.
What’s interesting about C4 Ripped is that it is something of a hybrid supplement between a ‘pre workout’ and a so-called ‘fat burner’.
As well as being formulated as a pre workout supplement, the marketing material claims that this product could help to support you in other areas too as you look to achieve your health and fitness goals.
Cellucor C4 Ripped is available to buy online from a number of retailers, including the official Cellucor website and other sites such as bodybuilding.com.
The C4 Ripped supplement comes in a number of flavours, including:
• Cherry Limeade
• Fruit Punch
• Icy Blue Razz
• Raspberry Lemonade
• Ultra Frost
The product page on bodybuilding.com claims that this supplement has been formulated with “powerful” ingredients to help support you on your health and fitness journey.
It also claims to use “explosive” ingredients to help you get the very most out of your training sessions as you look to achieve your training goals.
It all sounds pretty impressive so far. Let’s now take a closer look at the actual ingredients formula of C4 Ripped to see exactly what’s contained in each scoop.
Let’s begin this part by taking a closer look at the actual ingredients label of C4 Ripped.
Note that the label shown below was displayed on the official Cellucor website at the time of writing, but it’s important to carefully check the label of any supplement you’re thinking of taking, as the formula may differ from the one shown on this page.
You can no doubt see for yourself that C4 Ripped uses a range of ingredients that you’d expect to find in a good pre workout supplement, including vitamins, minerals, stimulants and amino acids.
Let’s now start taking a closer look at some of the main ingredients in the C4 Ripped formula.
Editor's note: Any health claims about the ingredients mentioned in this article are listed as authorised on the EU Register at the time of publishing. Additionally, you should carefully check the ingredients information shown on the official website of any product you're considering purchasing, as formulas may change from time to time and therefore may differ from what's shown on this page.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – These are two important B Vitamins that we need to get from our diet. Both Vitamins B6 and B12 contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, so, it’s not a surprise to find them both in the C4 Ripped formula.
• Vitamin C – Again, this is another important vitamin. At doses of 200mg and more per day, Vitamin C helps with the normal function of the immune system during and after intense physical exercise. Each serving of C4 Ripped contains 250mg of Vitamin C.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – You probably already know all about Caffeine and don’t need any introduction to its benefits and effects. It’s one of the most popular stimulants on the planet and it’s also a common inclusion in pre workout supplements. Each serving of Cellucor C4 Ripped contains 150mg of Caffeine Anhydrous. To put this dose into context, you’d expect to find around 100mg of Caffeine in a regular cup of coffee.
• N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine – N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is an acetylated derivative of the amino acid L-Tyrosine. It’s used in some pre workout supplements, as is the case here. The N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine in C4 Ripped is part of a proprietary blend, so we don’t know the exact dose contained in each serving.
• Beta-Alanine – Beta-Alanine is a very common pre workout ingredient, and it’s part of the formulas of lots of the best pre workouts on the market at the moment. Each serving of C4 Ripped contains 1.6g of Beta-Alanine.
• Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate – C4 Ripped also contains 1 gram of Arginine Alpha-ketoglutarate (try saying that three times fast!) per scoop. In case you didn’t know, Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate is a salt of the amino acid Arginine and Alpha-Ketoglutaric Acid. Each serving of C4 Ripped contains 1g.
• Green Coffee Bean Extract – This is included as part of the “ripped blend” formula in C4 Ripped. Green Coffee Bean Extract is sometimes used in supplements in this category because it is rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid.
• Cayenne Pepper Extract – This is a common ingredient in many so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements. Many of the products in this category contain Cayenne or some other form of Chilli Extract. The exact dose in the C4 Ripped supplement is not known as it is part of a proprietary blend.
Those are some of the main ingredients in the C4 Ripped formula. Some of the other inclusions are: Calcium, Folic Acid, L-Carnitine Tartrate, and Velvet Bean Seed Extract.
Price and Where To Buy
As we have mentioned above, C4 Ripped is available to buy online from a number of websites, including the official Cellucor site and bodybuilding.com.
At the time of writing, one tub of Cellucor C4 Ripped costs $39.99 for a tub containing 30 servings from bodybuilding.com.
It’s always worth doing some of your own research into the prices and availability, as the details may differ from what’s shown on this page.
How To Take It
It’s very important that you carefully read the entire label of any supplement before taking it.
The C4 Ripped directions shown on bodybuilding.com at the time of writing were as follows:
“Take one serving (1 scoop) of C4 Ripped, mixed with 6 fl. oz. of water 20-30 minutes before training.
“Once tolerance has been assessed and you are looking for an additional boost of energy, take one additional serving (1 scoop) with serving taken before training.”
There is a warning saying not to take more than two scoops in total per day, and do not use this supplement within six hours of ingesting any other source of Caffeine or other stimulants.
Although it doesn’t say it on the label, it’s probably also best not to take this supplement within six hours of when you plan to go to sleep due to its significant Caffeine content.
It’s always best to speak to your doctor before taking a new supplement or making any diet or lifestyle changes.
There are a number of warnings shown on the label of C4 Ripped, as displayed on bodybuilding.com.
They say that during your workout, it is recommend that you drink plenty of water or performance beverage to stay hydrated.
The label also says that some individuals may experience a harmless tingling sensation, which is attributed to Beta-Alanine.
The warnings say that this supplement should not be taken by anyone but healthy adults over the age of 18. They also say that it should not be used if pregnant or nursing.
Before taking this product, consult a licensed, qualified, healthcare professional, especially if you are taking any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or over-the-counter medication; or if you suspect you have or have been treated for, diagnosed with or have a family history of, any medical condition.
There is also a further warning about the Caffeine content. The warnings say that because this product contains Caffeine, it should not be used in combination with caffeine or stimulants from other sources.
The warnings also say that you should not use this product continuously for more than eight weeks, and that its use must be discontinued 2 weeks prior to surgery. Immediately discontinue use and contact a medical doctor if you experience any adverse reaction to this product.
As mentioned above, make sure you carefully check the entire label of any supplement you purchase before trying it.
Cellucor C4 Ripped Reviews
We took a look on Amazon.com to see what some customers were saying about C4 Ripped.
At the time of writing, this supplement had an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars from a total of 370 reviews.
One happy customer left a five-star review and said that they loved the supplement and the way it tasted.
One of the more negative C4 Ripped reviews came from somebody who rated it two stars and said that they felt disappointed by the supplement overall.
Anything Else To Consider?
As we have mentioned above, it’s best to speak to your doctor before taking any new supplement.
Dietary supplements are not intended to replace a varied, balanced diet and a healthy overall lifestyle.
Ensuring that you are sticking to a good diet, are following a good exercise plan and are getting enough quality sleep are three important things that can support good health overall.
Supplements can help to support you on your fitness journey, but it’s best not to regard them as ‘magic’ pills or powders that will work without any effort on your part.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
C4 Ripped is a popular flavoured supplement made by Cellucor that contains a lot of the ingredients you’d expect to find in a pre workout supplement.
If you’re interested, you can check out our guide to some of the best pre workouts on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Conclusion – Our Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our detailed look at the C4 Ripped supplement by Cellucor.
We’ve taken a look at some of the key things to know about this pre workout supplement, focusing specifically on the ingredients, price and directions.