The manufacturers claim that not only will C4 Ripped put you into beast mode in the gym, but it will also help you to burn more fat.
Cellucor are a popular supplements brand and we’re always interested to check out the latest and best products in the pre workout supplement category.
This review article will give you a detailed breakdown of C4 Ripped and its ingredients. We’re also going to check out some customer reviews and then see where it stands when compared to the competition.
So, let’s get cracking and start looking at C4 Ripped in detail.
So you’ve probably already worked out that C4 Ripped is a pre workout supplement designed to get you feeling at and performing at your best at the gym or during exercise.
What makes C4 Ripped slightly different is that it’s also marketed as a fat burning product designed to help boost your body’s natural ability to burn fat.
It contains a blend of ingredients designed to both boost your workouts and get you burning more fat.
It sounds like a promising combination, but is this product trying to do too many things at once?
Let’s take a close look at the ingredients in C4 Ripped to find out.
After taking a quick glance at the label, we were slightly disappointed to see that C4 Ripped uses a proprietary blend.
We’re not fans of this as it means that the manufacturers do not display the exact doses of the individual ingredients (with some exceptions).
Instead, they state the overall dose of the ‘blend’ of ingredients, but it makes it harder to judge the efficiency of the product.
Anyway, let’s start by focusing on the key ingredients in C4 Ripped.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – Caffeine is included as part of C4 Ripped’s “explosive energy blend”. It’s one of the few ingredients which has its exact dose revealed at 150mg per scoop. This is a solid dose and is actually our exact recommended dose of caffeine for a pre workout, so full marks to C4 Ripped here. In case you didn’t know, Caffeine can help to boost energy and stamina, as well as increase focus.
• N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine – This is another ingredient in the energy blend in C4 Ripped. N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is an acetylated derivative of the non-essential amino acid L-Tyrosine, and this version is believed to be better absorbed by the body. It’s used to synthesise proteins but has also been linked to increased mental alertness. We don’t know the dose, however, because it’s included in the proprietary blend.
• Beta-Alanine – We’ve come across this ingredient in a lot of our pre workout reviews of late. Beta-Alanine is a naturally occurring amino acid believed to help with muscle growth, and C4 Ripped contains 1.6 grams per scoop, which may be a bit under-dosed in some people’s opinions.
• Arginine Alpha-ketoglutarate – C4 Ripped also contains 1 gram of Arginine Alpha-ketoglutarate (try saying that three times fast!) per scoop. It’s a non-essential amino acid believed to have a range of uses, such as increased athletic performance.
• Green Coffee Bean Extract – This is included as part of the “ripped blend” formula in C4 Ripped, the part which is designed to help you burn more fat. Green Coffee Bean is actually one of our top fat burning ingredients and so it’s a good inclusion for this part of the product. Again, however, we’re not told the actual dose of this particular ingredient on the label.
• Cayenne pepper extract – Another of our favorite fat burning ingredients, this is one of the best natural metabolism boosters and natural appetite suppressants around. We’re big fans of it, but again the total dose is not disclosed on the label.
Those are the top ingredients, check out the label with all the details below:
Although C4 Ripped does contain some good things, there were a few of our favorite pre workout ingredients missing.
Those include Creatine Monohydrate (although Cellucor say this has been omitted on purpose to aid weight loss).
We were also disappointed not to find any Citrulline Malate on the label, because it’s one of our top-rated pre workout ingredients.
There was also no L-Theanine or Rhodiola Rosea, another couple of our favorites.
Modern fitness supplements tend to be fairly safe because they usually contain only natural ingredients.
That being said, we always recommend doing your own research and checking the label to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
The main thing to look out for is stimulant content. We found that a lot of products these days, especially pre workouts, tend to overdo it with caffeine and other stimulants.
C4 Ripped contains a good dose of caffeine at 150mg per scoop, so it shouldn’t be anything to worry about.
That said, we still wouldn’t recommend taking this supplement too close to bedtime, as it could affect your sleep.
Each pack of C4 Ripped is 180g, which is equivalent to 30 servings.
The label says that you should mix one scoop with water and drink it around 20-30 minutes before starting your session.
It’s currently available in a few flavors, including Fruit Punch and Cherry Limeade.
We checked the official Cellucor website for the customer feedback on this product and it seems to be very well reviewed.
At the time of writing this review, there were 93 reviews and the vast majority of them were positive. We don’t know if Cellucor censor or monitor the reviews posted on their website, but we’ll trust them and say not.
One person said the product was “amazing” and that it gave them huge amounts of energy in the gym.
Someone else said that it made them feel “pretty good” and felt like it gave them more endurance.
In one of the more negative reviews, someone reported that it actually made them feel weaker during their workout.
Not in our opinion. Although C4 Ripped definitely does have some things going for it, such as a good caffeine dose and some quality ingredients, it’s let down by the use of a proprietary blend.
We recently updated our pick of the best pre workouts on sale right now, so be sure to check it out by hitting the link below.
As we always say when discussing any supplements, we believe it’s important that you make sure you’ve got your diet and training regime on point before purchasing any products.
Although a good pre workout can get you firing at the gym, you’ll still have to work hard and make sure you’re putting in the work yourself.
So that brings us to an end of our review of C4 Ripped. Here are our overall thoughts in a nutshell:
• Reputable brand
• Positive reviews
• Some good ingredients
• Uses a proprietary blend
• Missing some of our top ingredients
Overall, we think that C4 Ripped is a decent option if you’re looking to burn fat without losing muscle. Having said that, we don’t rate it as the very best pre workout on sale right now because it uses a proprietary blend and missed a few of our favorite ingredients.
MORE: Phen375 diet pill review
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga