We’re always interested to hear about the latest supplements that can help us burn more fat and reach our goals more quickly.
Cellucor’s range is one of the most popular around, so we were intrigued to take a close look at CLK.
This product is marketed as a “toning and sculpting formula” designed to help you lose more weight.
So let’s start taking a closer look at CLK to see if this is a supplement you should consider taking or not.
CLK is marketed as a “metabolism booster” product, which basically means it contains ingredients to help your body burn more fat.
The official website says that it’s been designed to use four “all star” ingredients to help boost your body’s metabolism and also help suppress appetite.
It doesn’t contain any stimulants such as Caffeine, which is good if you sometimes suffer from side effects such as the jitters or energy crashes.
It’s said to work in the following three ways:
• To boost metabolism
• Suppress appetite
• And manage your weight
That all sounds great, but does CLK really live up to the marketing hype, and is it a product you should consider trying? Let’s look at the ingredients to find out.
Let’s kick this section off by taking a close look at the ingredients that Cellucor CLK uses.
As you can see for yourself the main flagship ingredient is CLA, or Conjugated Linoleic Acid.
The one thing we immediately did not like about this ingredients label is the fact that Cellucor have decided to use a proprietary blend called the ‘stimulant free toning blend’.
We’re generally not fans of proprietary blends because it means that we don’t know the individual doses of the ingredients, which makes it very difficult to judge the effectiveness of the product.
Now, let’s take a look at the top ingredients in CLK.
• Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) – This is not one of our top rated fat burner ingredients, although we have seen it used in a number of products before. Cellucor say that they’ve included it in this product to help your body use food for fuel and support lean muscle development. We don’t really rate it as an important fat burner ingredient.
• L-Carnitine Tartrate – This amino acid is one of the ingredients in the proprietary blend. The manufacturers say that they’ve included it in this supplement because it plays a role in transporting fatty acids for energy. Again though, this doesn’t make the list of the best fat burner ingredients.
• Razberi-K Raspberry Ketones – This is a good fat burner ingredient and is actually one of the key substances in our pick of the best fat burner for women, Leanbean. Several studies have shown that Raspberry Ketones have the potential to boost fat loss by increasing the release of stored fat in the body. Again, though, it’s frustrating that we don’t know the actual dose used.
• Slimpro – Not one of our top rated fat burner ingredients. Cellucor say that they’ve included it because it can help the body trigger the feeling of satiety to control appetite. However, we much prefer the natural appetite suppressants used in the best fat burners such as Glucomannan and Cayenne Pepper.
Although CLK does have a few good things in it, we don’t like the fact that it uses a proprietary blend.
It also falls short in our opinion because it doesn’t use some of our top rated fat burner ingredients.
Firstly, there was no Cayenne Pepper on the label, which is a shame because this spicy ingredient can help to boost your metabolism and also suppress appetite at the same time.
It was also disappointing not to see any Glucomannan on the label. This is a powerful dietary fiber which swells in your stomach, and can help make it easier for you to stick to your diet by suppressing appetite.
We recently updated our list of the best fat burner supplements on the market right now. Check it out by hitting the link below.
The main problem with fat burners these days is usually the over-use of stimulants. Since CLK doesn’t contain any stimulants such as Caffeine, this is not a problem.
That being said, we always recommend doing your own thorough research into the the ingredients of a new supplement before taking it for the first time.
Each bottle of Cellucor CLK contains 60 softgels.
That means that if you stick to the recommended dose of six per day, one bottle will only last you for 10 days.
That’s not very long for one bottle in our opinion.
The directions say that you should take one serving of three softgels in the morning and another serving of three in the afternoon.
There’s a warning on the label saying never to take more than six softgels per day.
At the time of publishing this review, there were 56 reviews of CLK on the official website. It has an average rating of 4.5 stars out of five stars.
One customer said that they loved the product, although it was a little bit on the expensive side for them.
Someone else said that it was “amazing” and helped them to lose wright.
However, there were also a few negative reviews.
One person said that they did not notice any results using CLK and that they had found SuperHD to be more effective.
Someone else said that they felt scammed that one bottle is only designed to last for 10 days and they returned it for a refund.
Not in our opinion. CLK has some interesting ingredients but there are some far better products out there which offer much better value for your money.
We recently updated our guide to the best fat burner supplements on sale right now and you can see it by clicking the link below.
As we always say, you should never expect to find a ‘magic pill’ when it comes to losing weight.
The first thing you should do if you’re looking to lose some pounds is to make sure that your diet and excercise regime is on point.
But if you’re already training hard, eating right, and getting plenty of rest, then a quality fat burner supplement can make a big difference to your results.
That wraps up our review of CLK from Cellucor.
We think that this is an OK product, but it’s let down big time by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend to hide the individual doses of some of the ingredients.
We also feel that this is a very expensive product when you consider that one bottle is only enough to last you for 10 days if you stick to the recommended dose.
Remember to check out our guide to the leading fat burner supplements on sale right now by visiting our page below.
• Updated on February 07, 2018
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga