We came across P6 PM on the supplements section of Amazon, so we naturally wanted to find out a bit more about.
Cellucor are one of the biggest names in the supplements industry, so we’re always excited to hear about their products.
So, if you’re looking to find out all of the important information about this testosterone booster, then you’ve found the right article.
Our Cellucor P6 PM review is going to focus on all of the important things that you need to know about this particular supplement, as we drill down to try and discover where it ranks in relation to the leading testosterone boosters available at the moment.
We’re going to pay particular attention to the ingredients formula, the servings and the customer reviews as we look to try and see just where this product stands.
Most testosterone boosters are designed to be taken throughout the day, so it’s certainly somewhat unique to come across a product that has been specifically formulated to be consumed just before bed.
So, let’s now start taking a closer look at Cellucor P6 PM by going through the basic facts about this supplement.
So we’ve already deduced that Cellucor P6 PM is a testosterone booster supplement that’s designed to work at nighttime to help during the recovery process.
Indeed, the marketing material on the official Cellucor website says that this supplement has been designed to take the emphasis off training and instead place it on “the important recovery state”.
This is certainly a unique approach and it sets P6 PM apart from a lot of the other testosterone boosters on the market these days, many of which are geared towards the gym and building more muscle.
The testosterone market has exploded in size in recent years, and that means that there’s more choice than ever when it comes to picking a supplement in this category.
The marketing material on the website goes on to claim that P6 PM will “help your mind and body relax” – which certainly isn’t a bad thing in this hectic modern world we live in.
The bottle says that Cellucor P6 PM will do the following:
• Supports free testosterone levels
• Promotes improved sleep
It’s certainly an interesting approach to combine a testosterone booster with a sleep aid.
The marketing material continues by claiming that Cellucor P6 PM will help to promote a “deeper, more satisfying” sleep while at the same time supporting free testosterone levels.
So, Cellucor P6 PM is certainly make a lot of the right noises when it comes to the marketing messages – but can it live up to the hype?
Let’s drill down on the ingredients now to find out.
Let’s begin this part by taking a close look at the actual ingredients label of Cellucor P6 PM.
We’ve got to say that we were very disappointed to see that Cellucor P6 PM uses a proprietary blend to mask the doses of some of the ingredients in the supplement.
Proprietary blends are when the manufacturer chooses to hide the doses of some of the ingredients and instead only tell us the total ‘blend’ dose.
This is not good news, as it means that we don’t know how much of each ingredient is actually in the supplement and it makes it really tricky to judge the effectiveness.
Generally speaking, we advise that you stay away from products that uses proprietary blends – as it’s always better to know exactly what’s in the supplement you’re taking.
Let’s now focus on the individual ingredients in the Cellucor P6 PM formula.
• Vitamin B6 – We always like to see B Vitamins included in fitness supplements because they play an important role in the body. Also known as pyridoxine, Vitamin B6 plays an important role in helping your body to absorb amino acids, which can help you to build muscle. It can also help support a healthy metabolism.
• Magnesium – Magnesium is a great ingredient for any testosterone booster so we were pleased to find it in the Cellucor P6 PM formula. It’s an essential mineral which is a co-factor to many important processes in the body. Many people don’t get enough Magnesium from their diets, so it’s always good to see it used in testosterone boosters.
• Zinc – Zinc is another important testosterone booster ingredient, so it’s a good inclusion. Another essential mineral, Zinc is known for its role in helping to support healthy testosterone levels. Again, getting enough Zinc from your diet can be tough, so we were pleased to find it in this formula.
• L-Theanine – This is the first ingredient in the proprietary blend. L-Theanine is an amino acid found in tea leaves which is known for its ability to promote calming effects. It’s actually an ingredient which makes its way into some of the best pre workout supplements, but it’s not a bad inclusion in P6 PM.
• Passion Flower – This is not the most common ingredient for a testosterone booster. It’s known for possibly having anti-anxiety effects, which is presumably why it’s been included in the P6 PM formula.
• Melatonin – This is a hormone that your body produces naturally at nighttime to help you to feel tired and drift off to sleep. It’s crucial for ensuring restful sleep, but we’re not sure we’d want to be taking this hormone on a regular basis.
• Tribulus Terrestris – This is a plant extract which found its way into a lot of the early testosterone booster supplements. Cellucor say that they’ve included it because it “supports male virility and vitality”. However, recent studies have shown that it’s probably not quite as effective as first thought at raising T levels.
• GABA (y-Aminobutyric Acid) – This is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter in the nervous system. As a supplement, it’s know for possibly helping to improve mood and decrease anxiety. All good things that could help promote a good night’s sleep.
Although the Cellucor P6 PM formula does contain a handful of good things, such as Magnesium and Zinc, it also misses some of the best testosterone booster ingredients. They are:
• D-Aspartic Acid
• Black Pepper Extract
D-Aspartic Acid is one of the finest T-boosting ingredients around, as it’s been shown to raise testosterone levels in men – and sometimes within a matter of days.
Boron is another good mineral to help raise testosterone levels, while Black Pepper Extract can help to make sure that your body is properly absorbing all of the other ingredients (which makes for a more effective supplement).
You can see our guide to the leading testosterone booster supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
The Cellucor P6 PM formula is a relatively safe one – but we do always recommend that you go through the ingredients label and do some of your own research before trying a new supplement for the first time.
As we mentioned above, Melatonin is a hormone that your body produces naturally, so taking it on a regular basis may not be a good idea.
Each bottle of Cellucor P6 PM costs $39.99 and contains 120 capsules, which is a month-long supply.
The directions are relatively straightforward. They say that you should take four capsules, preferably on an empty stomach, 30-60 minutes before bedtime.
They also recommend that you don’t take it with dairy or other calcium-containing foods or supplements.
At the time of writing, there were 245 Cellucor P6 PM reviews on Amazon, with an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
One happy customer claimed that it was the “best” testosterone booster out there and that it helped them to have restful sleep after training in the evening.
However, one person was not so happy and said that they kept waking up in the middle of the night while taking this product.
Not really. Cellucor certainly deserve some praise for producing something of an innovative formula, but we still don’t rate it as one of the very best testosterone boosters out there.
That’s because it uses a proprietary blend and is still missing some key ingredients such as D-Aspartic Acid.
Remember to check out our updated guide to the best testosterone boosters around via the link shown below.
Just remember that if you want to see real results, you must make sure that you’re training hard, eating right and getting plenty of rest.
Adding a supplement to your regimen should really come second after having got the basics on point.
That said, adding a quality testosterone booster to your regimen can indeed make a big difference to your results – if used properly.
That brings us to the end of our Cellucor P6 PM review.
Overall, we think that this is an OK testosterone booster supplement that should help you to get a little bit more sleep at night.
However, the fact that it uses a proprietary blend and misses some key ingredients really lets it down.
In short, there are some other better testosterone boosters out there right now.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge