We’re always looking to find out more about the latest testosterone booster supplements to hit the market, and it’s difficult not to pay attention when Cellucor are involved, as they’re one of the biggest names in the industry.
So, if you’re looking to get the full lowdown on P6 Ultra, then you’re in the right spot.
Our Cellucor P6 Ultra review is going to bring you everything you need to know about this supplement as we look to see where it stands in comparison to the leading testosterone booster supplements on the market at the moment.
We’re going to hone in on the ingredients formula, the customer reviews and the servings as we look to delve a little deeper and find out everything there is to know about this supplement.
Cellucor describe this supplement as a “testosterone support” product, so we’re looking forward to finding out whether it can deliver on its promises or not.
So let’s now get cracking and start taking a close look at P6 Ultra in a bit more detail to see where it stands.
So, we’ve already deduced that Cellucor P6 Ultra fits into the range of supplements known as ‘testosterone boosters’.
T-Boosters have become incredibly popular over the last few years as men around the world look to combat the growing problem of decreasing testosterone levels.
In short, testosterone boosters work by giving your body more of the fuel it needs to produce more testosterone.
The official Cellucor website makes some interesting claims about how P6 Ultra works, and it says that it can help you to once again become the “potent, powerful man” you used to be.
This all sounds pretty good, but what exactly does this T-booster claim to do.
Well, according to the official marketing material on the Cellucor website, P6 Ultra does the following:
• Increase strength
• Boost muscle size
• Improve sexual function
• Increase endurance
• Elevate cognitive function
This all certainly sounds good to us. We all know that low testosterone levels can cause a range of negative effects, such as low energy levels, decreased libido and increased fat mass.
The marketing material goes on to claim that P6 Ultra uses “clinically studied ingredients” to help get your body to produce more testosterone naturally.
The P6 Ultra bottle also says that it helps to support both strength and virility.
At $19.99 for one bottle, it’s certainly one of the more affordable testosterone booster supplements out there. And hopefully Cellucor have not cut any corners with the ingredients to keep the price low.
So, now that we’ve found out a little bit more about this particular testosterone booster, it’s time to start taking a closer look at the ingredients to find out whether this supplement can live up to the marketing hype or not.
Let’s kick off this crucial part of our Cellucor P6 Ultra review by looking at the actual ingredients label of this supplement.
It’s really disappointing to see that Cellucor have chosen to use a proprietary blend with this supplement, rather than transparently disclose the doses of the ingredients.
This means that we don’t know how much of each ingredient is included in the supplement, and that makes it really difficult to judge whether it’s going to be effective or not.
We always advise our readers to stay away from supplements that use proprietary blends, as they are really just a convenient excuse for manufacturers to get away without disclosing their full ingredients formula to their customers.
Let’s now start taking a closer look at the individual ingredients in the Cellucor P6 Ultra formula.
• KSM-66 Ashwagandha – This is actually a pretty good place to start in the Cellucor P6 Ultra formula. Ashwagandha is a herb that’s regularly used in Ayurvedic Medicine to treat problems such as Anxiety and Stress. It’s believed to work by helping to reduce Cortisol levels. High Cortisol levels are believed to have a negative effect on testosterone levels. Additionally, this KSM-66 branded version of Ashwagandha has been shown in studies to help raise testosterone levels in men.
• Fenugreek – A good ingredient for a testosterone booster. Fenugreek is rich in some important nutrients such as Magnesium, Zinc and Selenium. Additionally, Fenugreek has shown promise in helping to raise testosterone levels in men. In case you didn’t know, Fenugreek is a seed extract that is often used as an ingredient in dishes such as curries.
• Maca Root Extract – This is a plant extract that we’ve come across in some of the testosterone boosters that we’ve reviewed recently. It’s packed full of antioxidants, which is always a good thing. It’s also been linked with improved sexual function and an increase in Libido. In fact, Cellucor say that they’ve included it in this supplement because it “supports sexual desire”.
• Agaricus Bisporus Fruit Extract – This is a fancy name for an extract which comes from the common mushroom. Cellucor say that they’ve included it in this supplement for its ability to help control estrogen levels. In case you didn’t already know, raised testosterone levels can also cause an increase in estrogen levels, which is something we don’t want. So technically this is a decent inclusion in the formula.
• Panax Ginseng Root Extract – We always like to see Ginseng used in testosterone booster supplements, so we were pleased to find it in the Cellucor P6 Ultra list. It’s an asian herb which has been shown promise in being able to improve mood and boost cognitive function. Some studies have also shown that Ginseng has promising results in being able to boost testosterone levels in men, so it’s a good inclusion in the Cellucor P6 Ultra formula.
The Cellucor P6 Ultra formula is an OK one. It uses some good ingredients such as KSM-66 Ashwagandha, Fenugreek and Ginseng. It’s just a shame that it uses a proprietary blend.
The P6 Ultra formula is also missing some important testosterone boosting ingredients in our opinion. They are:
• D-Aspartic Acid
• Magnesium and Zinc
• Black Pepper Extract
D-Aspartic Acid is one of the best ingredients for helping to boost testosterone levels in men. One study showed that men who took it daily experienced significant increases in testosterone – and sometimes in just a matter of days.
Meanwhile, both Magnesium and Zinc are good inclusions for any T-booster because they can help to support healthy testosterone levels in men.
Boron is also a good mineral for helping to support testosterone levels.
And Black Pepper Extract is a good ingredient for any supplement, because it can help to improve the absorption of the other ingredients in your body. That can mean a more effective supplement all in all.
You can see our updated guide to the best testosterone booster supplements in the market right now by taking a look at our list via the link shown below.
Generally speaking, the Cellucor P6 Ultra formula is a relatively safe one, and it doesn’t use any stimulants, so you don’t have to worry about suffering from things like the jitters.
That being said, the use of a proprietary blend is far from ideal as it means that we don’t know the doses of the ingredients – and that makes it more difficult to screen for side effects.
We do also always recommend that you check through the ingredients label of any supplement you’re thinking about trying for the first time, so you can do a little bit of research for yourself.
Each bottle of Cellucor P6 Ultra contains 60 capsules, which is a month’s supply.
The directions label says that you should take one serving of two capsules daily with or without food.
They also say that you should try and use the product for eight weeks in combination with a weight training program.
On the official Cellucor website, P6 Ultra has an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars, but we’re always a little bit skeptical of products featured on the site of the manufacturer.
There were more than 240 Cellucor P6 Ultra reviews on Amazon at the time of writing. It currently has an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars on there.
One happy customer rated it five stars and said that it almost immediately helped them to step up their weight training.
However, one less happy buyer said that they were utterly disappointed by the product and that it literally made no difference for them at all.
Not in our opinion. Cellucor P6 Ultra does have some good ingredients in its formula, but we certainly don’t rate it as one of the top products on the market in this category right now.
It was a real shame that it uses a proprietary blend to mask the doses of the ingredients used, and it’s also missing some key testosterone boosting ingredients such as D-Aspartic Acid, and Magnesium and Zinc.
Remember to take a look through our guide to the best testosterone booster ingredients by following the link shown below.
Just remember that supplements can only go so far in helping you to achieve results both inside and outside of the gym.
You should always make sure that your diet and training regime are both on point before considering adding any kind of supplement to your daily regimen.
That being said, adding a quality and proven testosterone booster to your daily routine can indeed help you to make a big difference to your results.
That brings us to the end of our Cellucor P6 Ultra review.
This is an OK supplement that does use a handful of good and proven testosterone boosting ingredients.
But it’s let down by the fact that not only does it use a proprietary blend, but it also skips out some important testosterone boosting ingredients.
All in all, there are some better options available to you in the testosterone booster supplement category right now.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga