In this review, we will examine what ingredients are in Bulk Powders’ Cutting Edge, how many to take per day, any associated side effects and where this product ranks in comparison to other similar supplements on the market.
Bulk Powders say they’ve tried to create the best supplement regardless of cost. Their latest offering is Cutting Edge Capsules.
The UK company has looked to incorporate ingredients that are claimed to be known to contribute to weight loss, normal nutrient metabolism and normal thyroid function.
These ingredients have apparently been dosed to optimum levels to create a powerful product that Bulk Powders are confident can’t be matched in the supplement market at the moment.
Indeed, Bulk Powders claim on their website to have the “strongest” supplement in the United Kingdom. Cutting Edge is described as the company’s “most effective supplement”.
Bulk Powders’ Cutting Edge capsules contain 10 ingredients to help with your goals, although there are a couple of surprise omissions.
So let’s not waste any more time. Let’s take a close look at the ingredients found in Bulk Powders’ Cutting Edge.
• Green Tea – If you’re looking to buy a supplement of this type, you want to see Green Tea listed as one of the ingredients. Green Tea is found in most good supplements in the health and fitness market so it’s great to see this ingredient in Cutting Edge. In case you didn’t already guess, Green Tea is one of the top ingredients for a supplement in this category.
• Caffeine – Coffee lovers will be delighted to see caffeine listed as an ingredient in the Cutting Edge formula. Bulk Powders’ Cutting Edge contains 300mg of caffeine in each daily serving of six capsules to help you on your journey. You won’t be surprised to learn that if you’re energy levels are high, you’re probably going to have better chances of success. Considering that Green Tea also contains a small amount of caffeine, you won’t struggle to stay energised with Cutting Edge. One concern is that 300mg of caffeine is quite a lot and it may not suit everyone.
• Glucomannan – Glucomannan won’t be as well-known as Caffeine and Green Tea but it has an important role to play. Bulk Powders use the highest quality powder derived from the Konjac plant. In case you didn’t know, Glucomannan can contribute to weight loss in the context of an energy-restricted diet, so it’s a good inclusion in the formula.
• Choline Bitartrate – Choline Bitartrate is an ingredient that isn’t found in too many similar supplements so it is great to see Bulk Powders using it in Cutting Edge. Choline is part of the B-Complex vitamin family and is an essential nutrient found in foods such as egg yolks and spinach. This ingredient is a precursor of phospholipids that contributes to normal fat metabolism in the body. So basically, it’s a solid inclusion for a supplement in this category.
• Selenium Methionine – Selenium Methionine is a naturally occurring amino acid. According to Bulk Powders’ website, Selenium has been shown to contribute to a number of things as well as contributing to normal thyroid function.
• Chromium Picolinate – Chromium Picolinate is a chemical compound often used in natural supplements. It’s a great addition to any supplement of this type. In case you didn’t know, Chromium contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism.
• BioPerine® – BioPerine® is an extract obtained from black pepper fruits (Piper nigrum). Bulk Powders have included BioPerine® (which is essentially black pepper extract) to ensure all the other ingredients in Cutting Edge can be easily absorbed by the body. Black Pepper Extract is a great inclusion for supplements like this, so we were pleased to find it in the formula.
• L-Phenylalanine – Phenylalanine is an amino acid which is recognised a “building block” of protein. According to Bulk Powders’ website, L-Phenylalanine is a pre-cursor to the amino acid, Tyrosine.
Bulk Powders’s Cutting Edge Capsules also contain Cinnamon Extract and Peppermint leaf powder.
• Guarana – It is a surprise to see Guarana missing from Bulk Powders’ Cutting Edge Capsules. Guarana is an ingredient found in many supplements like this. As a natural source of caffeine, Guarana can help to support your goals.
• Cayenne Pepper – Cayenne Pepper is another ingredient that we like to see in supplements in this category. It was a real shame not to find it in the formula.
• Zinc – It’s a shame that Cutting Edge doesn’t include Zinc. Zinc contributes to normal protein synthesis and normal macronutrient metabolism, amongst other things. We always favor supplements that use zome Zinc.
Even though Bulk Powders declare that Cutting Edge doesn’t use any proprietary blends, their transparent list of ingredients can still cause some side effects.
Given that this product contains Green Tea Extract and Caffeine, it may cause restlessness and insomnia (we recommend taking this product in the morning). Also always make sure to drink plenty of water before and after consuming Cutting Edge Capsules.
As we mentioned, the 300mg of caffeine per six capsules may be too high for some.
We always recommend speaking to your doctor before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
Bulk Powders have listed very clear directions on how to consume this product on their official website.
You’re recommended to take two capsules at a time, three times per day and ideally on an empty stomach. They suggest that you could take two capsules before breakfast, two before lunch and two in the mid-afternoon.
However, it is important to drink two glasses of water with each serving as there is a risk of choking for people with swallowing difficulties or when ingesting with inadequate fluid intake.
Also, bear in mind that the caffeine content could affect your sleep, so we’d recommend taking this product earlier in the day if possible.
Cutting Edge has a lot of positive reviews which is encouraging, although a couple of customers have been left dissatisfied.
One purchaser tells potential customers to not waste any more time and purchase the Cutting Edge Capsules to achieve your fitness goals.
Another Cutting Edge consumer noticed a tangible difference in their appetite between meals and credited this product with preventing unnecessary snacking.
One very happy customer was left pleasantly surprised with Cutting Edge after finding that their appetite suppressed – but not at the expense of their energy levels.
Bulk Powders do include a disclaimer on their website, saying that the implied results may vary from and that individuals will respond differently to the product.
We have to say not quite. While we believe Bulk Powders’ Cutting Edge Capsules are a good product, we think there are better supplements available in the market right now.
You can see our updated list of the leading supplements on sale right now by following the link shown below.
While investing in a supplement can help you achieve your fitness goals, it is important to remember that you have to be committed to a healthy diet and a daily exercise to get the best out of these products.
According to Bulk Powders’ website, there are a number of other products that can be used in conjunction with their Cutting Edge Capsules. These include Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, which is great for cooking with, and Whey Protein, for meeting your daily protein requirements.
Making sure that you are training hard and eating right should always be your priority before thinking about buying any kind of supplement.
• Good ingredients profile
• Reasonably priced product from a reputable company
• Missing Cayenne Pepper and Guarana as ingredients
• Caffeine may be too much for some
Head over to our list where we picked the best supplements on sale right now by clicking the link below.
In summary, Bulk Powders’ Cutting Edge capsules is a solid product that contains ingredients that should help you on your journey.
However, in our opinion, there are other supplements on the market that are much more effective at helping to support your goals.
The information on this website is intended for entertainment purposes only and does not constitute professional, medical or healthcare advice or diagnosis, and may not be used as such.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge