In case you didn’t already know, the market for supplements that are designed to take the edge off your hangovers from drinking alcohol has been growing steadily in recent years.
Drinkwel are one of the bigger players in this market, and this review is going to focus solely on their main product.
More and more people are seemingly turning to supplements to try and relieve the after-effects of alcohol.
Of course, there’s no such thing as a miracle ‘hangover cure’ but there are definitely things you can do to take the edge off.
So, if you’re looking to find out everything there is to know about this particular supplement, then you’re in the right place.
Our Drinkwel review is going to concentrate on all of the important things you need to know about this hangover supplement.
We’re going to pay particular attention to the ingredients formula, the customer reviews and the doses as we look to see where Drinkwel stands in comparison to the competition out there right now.
So, with the introductions out of the way, it’s time to start taking a close look at the Drinkwel supplement to see if it deserves a place on our list of the best hangover pills available at the moment.
As we’ve already deduced, Drinkwel is a supplement that’s been designed to help your body recover from drinking alcohol.
These kinds of supplements have become increasingly popular in recent years as more and more people look for ways to combat the after-effects of alcohol with natural ingredients.
Drinkwel is currently available to buy on both the official website and on Amazon.
The marketing material on the official website says that it is the “first daily multivitamin created specifically for healthy people who drink alcohol”.
It claims to help support normal liver function and replenish nutrients, as well as helping your body to process alcohol induced toxins.
The promotional material on the official website also says that Drinkwel was formulated by a PhD in Biomedical Science and a Naturopathic Physician.
The promotional marketing material on the official site also goes on to claim that their aim has been to create “most comprehensive product on the market”.
The bottle of Drinkwel says that this supplement has been formulated to be a “multivitamin and mineral supplement with herbs”.
So, the Drinkwel marketing team certainly look to have done a good job when it comes to discussing the benefits of this product.
But we’ve learnt not to pay too much attention to the marketing hype when it comes to supplements.
Instead, it’s better to focus on the ingredients formula, the servings and the customer reviews to get an authentic verdict on whether the supplement will work or not.
So, with that in mind, let’s start taking a look at the ingredients label to see exactly where this supplement stands.
Let’s begin this part by taking a close look at the actual ingredients label of Drinkwel, as printed on the bottle.
The first thing you’ll probably notice is the huge ingredients list.
While this may seem like a good thing at first, sometimes supplements can overdo it by including too many different substances in their formulas.
This can mean that some of the ingredients are under-dosed.
What’s also disappointing from looking at the formula is the fact that Drinkwel uses some proprietary blends to hide the doses of some of the ingredients used.
This is never ideal, as it means we don’t know the doses of certain ingredients, which makes it difficult to judge effectiveness.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients that Drinkwel does use.
• Vitamin C – This is a solid ingredient which is known for its role in helping to support the immune system. It’s also high in antioxidants, which makes it a solid inclusion for a hangover poll
• B Vitamins – We always like to see B Vitamins used in a supplement in this category because of the important role they play in overall health. As well as supporting a number of bodily processes, B Vitamins are important for helping to support the liver’s metabolic function.
• N-Acetyl Cystine – A great ingredient for a hangover supplement. That’s because it can have potent antioxidant effects in the body. Sadly though, we don’t know the dose in Drinkwel because it’s included as part of the proprietary blend.
• Organic Milk Thistle – This is another good ingredient for a supplement in this category. The active ingredient in Milk Thistle is something called Silymarin, which has potent antioxidant effects. Again though, it’s not ideal that we don’t know the dose because of the proprietary blend.
• L-Theanine – This is an amino acid which is found primarily in tea leaves. It’s know for promoting a calming effect. This is particularly useful as post-night out anxiety is a common hangover symptom. Once again, though, we don’t know the dose used.
• Green Tea Extract – This is an ingredient we’re more used to finding in the top fat burner supplements. It’s rich in antioxidants, which is a good thing. However, Green Tea is also usually a natural source of caffeine, which isn’t ideal to consume before going to sleep, clearly.
• Dihydromyricetin (DHM) – This is a great ingredient for a hangover supplement. It can work to inhibit GABA to induce a calming effect – and it’s also thought that it can help to reduce the overall hangover effects. A solid ingredient, but again we don’t know the dose.
The Drinkwel formula is pretty comprehensive and it contains most of the things we would look for in a hangover supplement.
The disappointing thing is that it doesn’t use Black Pepper Extract, as this ingredient can help to boost the absorption of certain ingredients in the body – and that can mean a more effective supplement overall.
Check out our guide to the best hangover pills by following the link shown below.
At the time of writing, there were more than 1,700 Drinkwel reviews on Amazon. It had an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
One good review came from a woman in her 50s, who said that Drinkwel helped her to feel good after a heavy night of drinking.
One person, though, said that this supplement had no effect for them, and they left the rest of the bottle in their hotel room in Las Vegas.
You should always do your research into all of the ingredients on the label of any supplement you’re thinking of trying for the first time.
That means making sure that you have carefully checked the label yourself, and looked up the potential side effects associated with the ingredients used.
Drinkwel definitely covers a lot of bases, but it’s not our top rated hangover pill on the market right now.
It does have some good ingredients in it, but it’s let down by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend to hide the doses of many of them.
Check out our updated hangover pill guide via the link below.
Just remember that there is no such thing as a “hangover cure” in supplement form.
The only way to prevent a hangover is not to drink any alcohol to begin with. You should always drink plenty of water when drinking alcohol.
That being said, a good quality natural supplement can help to relieve some of the symptoms of a hangover when used correctly.
That brings us to the end of our Drinkwel review.
Overall, we think that this is a decent supplement for hangovers, but it’s not currently our top rated option on the market right now.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga