Yohimbe seems to be a very popular fat burner ingredient these days, with many manufacturers choosing to stack it with other substances to try and help you to burn more fat.
However, Yohimbe is not one of our top recommended ingredients for a fat burner because of it being known to cause a nasty range of side effects in some people.
So we set out on a quest to find the top supplement which doesn’t include Yohimbe.
In this article, we’re going to explain what exactly Yohimbe is and why you may want to avoid it when picking a fat burner.
We’ll then show you the top rated fat burner supplement on the market right now that doesn’t use this controversial ingredient.
Yohimbine is something called an indole alkaloid (basically a chemical) derived from the bark of the Pausinystalia yohimbe tree in Central Africa.
Yohimbine hydrochloride is a standardized form of yohimbine that is available as a prescription drug in the United States.
But we’re going to focus on its use in health and fitness supplements. In short, Yohimbe a herbal supplement that you’ll find in a number of types of supplements, as well as on its own.
Yohimbe is used to treat a variety of common disorders, such as erectile dysfuntion, hormonal imbalances and low energy.
It’s definitely not the worst fat burner ingredient that you’re going to find, but it doesn’t make our list of the top rated fat burning ingredients you should be looking for in your supplement.
That’s because it’s been known to cause some side effects in some people and can also interact with other drugs or supplements.
So what exactly is Yohimbe used for and what’s it got to do with weight loss?
• Suppress appetite
• Treat erectile dysfunction
• Reduce side effects of some medications
• Increase performance and alertness
• May help with weight loss
As you can see, Yohimbe has a variety of applications, ranging from suppressing appetite to helping to improve performance and alertness.
If we’re strictly talking about fat burners, it’s mainly used in weight loss supplements for its supposed ability to help to suppress appetite and potentially help with weight loss.
It works by increasing adrenaline levels in the body and can also have fat burning effects.
That being said, its effects are also thought to be inhibited by food intake, meaning that it is recommended to take it in a fasted state for it to have any benefits.
We’re not particular fans of Yohimbe used in fat burners, not simply because there is a lack of evidence proving that it can help with weight loss, but also because it can bring about some unwanted side effects.
Another problem with Yohimbe is the accuracy of the doses claimed. Many supplements are found to not be accurately listing the amount of Yohimbe actually inside their product. One study found that doses listed on certain products were inaccurate up to 150%.
This is clearly not ideal when trying to assess side-effects and the actual effectiveness of the product.
It’s surprising to us that we’ve found Yohimbe used in so many modern fat burners, despite it being known to cause a range of side effects.
Many products choose to use it because of its appetite suppressing properties. This could help make sticking to your diet easier.
The problems start when certain supplements use too much Yohimbe per dose – and many product go above the recommended amount.
Here are the main side effects that Yohimbe has been known to cause:
• Increased Anxiety – This is never good. It has been shown to raise Anxiety, which could present itself as nervousness or the jitters.
• Raised Blood Pressure – Another unwanted effect. Yohimbe has been shown to cause Hypertension (increased blood pressure) in some people. This is not good, because high blood pressure is a cardiovascular risk factor.
• Increase in Cortisol Levels – Cortisol is also known as the ‘stress hormone’.
• Stomach Problems – Yohimbe has also been known to cause stomach problems in some people, including nausea and vomiting.
• Problems with other medications – Yohimbe can interact in a nasty way with a lot of neurological medications. To that extent, we would recommend never taking it without first consulting your doctor.
We’ve picked out the leading fat burner supplement on the market right now that does not contain a single trace of Yohimbe.
It uses only natural ingredients, and the manufacturers fully discloses their formula on the label, so that you know exactly what it is that you’re taking.
If you’re specifically looking for a fat burner supplement for women, be sure to check out our separate guide of products, which don’t contain any Yohimbe.
Product website: www.instantknockout.com
Instant Knockout is our current top-rated fat burner for men on the market right now.
It’s made by a specialist supplements company called Roar Ambition and contains the best formula around. It is, of course, Yohimbe-free as well.
• Green Tea Extract – Helps with fat burning through thermogenesis.
• Cayenne Pepper – A powerful thermogenic that also works to suppress appetite as well as boosting metabolism.
• Glucomannan – A powerful dietary fiber extracted from the konjac plant. It swells in your stomach to help keep you feeling fuller for longer, and make sticking to your diet easier.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – Stimulates metabolism and raises energy levels.
• Zinc – A key mineral which your body needs to turn food into energy effectively. Many people don’t get enough Sinc from their diets.
• Chromium – Research has shown chromium, which can be found in broccoli and grape, can decrease appetite and suppress the cravings for carbohydrates
• Green Coffee Extract – Rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid, which can help with fat loss.
• Black Pepper Extract – Shown to boost the absorption rate of the other ingredients for a more effective supplement.
Instant Knockout also contains doses of Vitamins B6 and B12, which can help with normal energy metabolism.
• Premium price – It’s more expensive than other products on the market right now, meaning that it may not fit into everyone’s budget.
• Only available online – You can only buy it on the official website, meaning that you won’t find it in the shops or on other sites such as Amazon.
The Bottom Line
If you want the best fat burner supplement on the market right now without Yohimbe (and you’re willing to pay a little bit extra for it), then Instant Knockout is your best choice.
It contains the best formula we’ve found and there are thousands of reviews from happy customers online.
Choosing the right fat burner supplement can make a big difference to your results.
However, you should never lose sight of the fact that real results take hard work, dedication and patience.
We always recommend that you try and get your diet and training regime on point before trying any kind of supplement.
That being said, if you are already training hard and eating right, then picking a quality fat burner to your regime can genuinely turbo-charge your results.
And of course, we recommend picking a supplement that doesn’t use Yohimbe. The negatives far outweigh the positives when it comes to this particular ingredient.
So that wraps up our guide to the best fat burner without Yohimbe.
We’ve walked you though why you’d be wise to want to avoid this particular ingredient when choosing a fat burner supplement.
Instant Knockout is currently our top rated fat burner without Yohimbe on the market right now.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga