The hangover supplement market has been slowly growing in recent years as more and more people look for ways to combat the negative after effects of drinking alcohol with a natural product.
In case you didn’t already know, the best hangover supplements work by replenishing your body with some vitamins, minerals and other natural supplements to help get you feeling on point after a heavy night out.
Everyone likes a good night out, but feeling rough the next morning is not as pleasant.
That’s where hangover supplements such as Flyby come in.
Our Flyby review is going to focus on all of the important things that you need to know about this supplement, including the ingredients formula, the customer reviews and the doses.
So let’s now get down to business and start taking a close look at Flyby, to see whether it can live up to the hype and help to reduce the symptoms of your hangover.
Flyby is founded by Eddie Huai, who says that he came up for the idea for a hangover supplement during a trip to Tokyo with some friends.
The marketing material on the official website claims that Flyby is your path to “smart drinking for a healthier lifestyle”.
The official website claims that Flyby can be your “drinking buddy” to help you feel fresh the morning after a night of drinking.
The marketing material goes on to claim that this supplement has been specifically formulated to help you to “wake up feeling refreshed” after a night out of drinking.
Flyby claims to use a “synergistic mix” of high quality ingredients to help your body to get rid of the toxins which build up as a result of drinking alcohol.
The directions are pretty simple – you take three capsules with water right before you go out drinking, and then take another three capsules right before going to bed.
Flyby is one of the more popular hangover supplements we’ve come across, and it’s available to buy on Amazon as well as the official website.
So, now that we know a bit more about this hangover supplement, it’s time to start taking a close loo at the ingredients formula to see if it can live up to the hype or not.
Let’s start this part by taking a look at the actual Flyby ingredients formula, as printed on the bottle.
We were really disappointed to see that Flyby uses a proprietary blend in their formula.
This means that more than half of the ingredients are listed without their doses, and that means that we literally don’t know how much of each ingredient is used.
We generally advise that you stay away from supplements that use proprietary blends, as we feel that they are one of the biggest scams in the industry.
There really should be no reason that a manufacturer cannot be completely transparent with their customers about their ingredients formulas.
Let’s now take a closer look at the main ingredients in Flyby.
• B Vitamins – We always like to see B Vitamins included in these kinds of supplements because they play an important role in a number of bodily functions. B Vitamins can help your liver to deal with the extra workload that drinking alcohol can create.
• Zinc – This is an essential mineral that is important for your overall health. Many people don’t get enough of it from their diets as it is, so it’s good to see it in the Flyby formula.
• Magnesium – Like Zinc, Magnesium is another essential mineral that can become depleted in your body as a result of drinking alcohol. It’s another good ingredient int he Flyby formula.
• Milk Thistle – The active compound in Milk Thistle is Silymarin – and it can act as an antioxidant in the body to help reduce free radical production. It’s essential role in supplements of this category is to help the liver function properly after drinking.
• Taurine – This ingredient can have a calming effect on the brain. It is actually used in many energy drinks to counteract the Caffeine they include.
• L-Theanine – This is an amino acid primarily found it tea leaves which is also known for its calming effects. It’s actually a regular ingredient in some of the best pre workout supplements on the market at the moment.
• Panax Ginseng – Another good ingredient, as it’s been shown in some studies to increase clearance of alcohol from the system.
• Lotus Leaf Extract – This is not the most common hangover pill ingredient that we’ve come across before. It’s believed have have a number of benefits such as possibly improving digestion.
• Spirulina – A popular diet food that has become common as a supplement these days. It’s a good source of some B Vitamins and other important nutrients such as Iron and Copper.
• Prickly Pear Extract – Shown in some studies to possibly help with alcohol metabolism. It’s an interesting inclusion in the Flyby formula.
• N-Acetylcysteine – This is essentially a potent antioxidant ingredient which will help your body to clear itself from free radicals.
• Dihydromyricetin – Also known as DHM for short. As well as being able to inhibit GABA to induce a calming effect, it can help to reduce the overall symptoms of a hangover. A solid ingredient for any hangover supplement.
The Flyby formula is not a bad one, but there are a few other ingredients we would have liked to have seen used, including:
It seems that the Flyby formula has been formulated to help improve alcohol metabolism in the body (which is definitely a good thing).
But it’s a shame that they haven’t included some natural ingredients to help reduce other symptoms such as nausea and anxiety – both of which can occur after a night of drinking.
You can see our guide to the best hangover supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
At the time of writing, there were 743 Flyby reviews on Amazon, and it had an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars, which is pretty good really.
One person rated the product five stars and was clearly very happy, describing Flyby as “magic unicorn pills”.
However, one more negative review came from somebody who claimed that it didn’t work at all for them after a wine-tasting trip.
The Flyby formula is a pretty safe one that doesn’t use any stimulants, so you shouldn’t have to worry too much about suffering from any side effects.
That being said, the proprietary blend is less than ideal, and we do always recommend that you do some of your own research into the ingredients yourself before trying any new supplement for the first time.
Flyby is definitely a decent option if you’re looking for a supplement to try and cure your hangover.
That being said, we don’t rate it as the very best product in this category right now.
You can see our updated guide to the best hangover pills on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Just remember that there is no supplement out there that’s going to completely rid you of your hangover.
The only 100 per cent proven way not to get a hangover is not to drink any alcohol at all. But that’s no fun, of course.
That said, if you’re able to drink plenty of water and also keep your alcohol intake in check a little but, then a quality hangover supplement can help to relieve the symptoms the next day.
So, here we are at the end of our Flyby hangover supplement review.
Overall, this is a decent supplement which contains a ranger of good natural ingredients that should help to take the edge off a night of drinking.
That said, it’s not great that Flyby have chosen to use a proprietary blend to mask the doses of some of the ingredients used.
In summary, Flyby is not a bad product, but there are some better hangover supplements available to you right now in our opinion.
• Updated on October 03, 2018
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga