• First published on May 11, 2018
It is Herbtonic’s flagship product and claims to use a formula designed to help support your goals.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most of the so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements in this category, including Herbtonics Thermogenic, have not been proven to help with fat loss and fat burning.
They are supplements designed to support your goals and that usually contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals.
This Herbtonics product is marketed as a supplement that “actually works” – which obviously sounds great to us, but it remains to be seen whether the formula lives up to the hype or not.
The purpose of this review is for us to take a close look at this supplement from all angles to determine whether it’s a product you should consider taking or not.
So let’s start our Herbtonics Thermogenic Fat Burner by taking a close look at the important points about this product.
Herbtonics Thermogenic Fat Burner is marketed as a supplement designed to help support you on your journey.
It uses 11 different ingredients to help achieve its effects and it is one of the popular supplements on sale on Amazon.
Generally speaking, the best supplements work in multiple ways. Picking a product which has been formulated to work in multiple ways is likely to increase your chances of success.
However, as always, whether this product can actually live up to the hype or not depends strongly on whether the ingredients and doses are up to scratch or not. So let’s now take a look at the all important ingredients list.
Let’s begin this section by taking a close look at the ingredients list in this Thermogenic Fat Burner.
As you can see for yourself, the Herbtonics Thermogenic Fat Burner uses 11 ingredients in its formula.
As a side-note, it’s great to see that Herbtonics have decided not to use a proprietary blend in this case, meaning that we know the individual doses of the ingredients used.
Now let’s take a look at the main ingredients used in this supplement.
• Green Tea Extract – We always like to see Green Tea used in supplements like this and so it was great to find it in the Herbtonic formula. It’s a good inclusion.
• Green Coffee Bean Extract – Another solid ingredient. Green Coffee Beans are rich in a substances called Chlorogenic Acid. The extract is commonly found in a lot of the supplements in this category.
• Raspberry Ketones – This is an extract taken from the skin of raspberries. It’s in some similar products, although we don’t rate it as one of the very best inclusions.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – Another good ingredient for a supplement of this type. We always like to see some Caffeine used in this kind of supplement, and you’ll usually find some in the top products.
• Olive Leaf Extract – We’ve not come across this ingredient in many supplements before. It has been linked with some possible benefits, but we’re not totally convinced by it if we’re honest.
• Bacopa Monnieri – This is a herb native to the wetlands of world. We’ve come across this ingredient in some other supplements before, but rarely ones in this category.
• Garcinia Cambogia – A tropical fruit which is a relatively common ingredient for supplements like this. It’s also present in our current top rated female supplement Leanbean.
• CLA Oil Powder – Conjugated Linoleic Acid seems to be becoming a popular ingredient for supplements like this. It’s not on our list of favorite ingredients though.
• L-Theanine – This is an amino acid found primarily in tea leaves. It’s often paired with Caffeine in the same supplement. That being said, it’s usually looked at as more of an ingredient for a pre workout supplement.
• Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract – Forskolin is an active compound found in the roots of the Indian coleus. We have come across it in some of the other supplements in this category.
• Bioperine – A good ingredient for any supplement. It’s essentially branded Black Pepper Extract, which we always like to see included in the top products.
Although Herbtonics Thermogenic Fat Burner does contains some decent ingredients, there are a few disappointing omissions from the formula.
Here are the main things we felt this supplement should be using:
• Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne Pepper is a great ingredient and usually one of the first things we look for on the label.
Glucomannan, on the other hand, is a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant, and is one of our favorite ingredients.
The main thing to be aware of when it comes to supplement side effects is the over use of stimulants such as Caffeine.
Each two capsules of Herbtonics Fat Burner contains 150mg of Caffeine Anhydrous. That means that if you take the maximum recommended dose of four capsules a day, you’ll be taking 300mg of Caffeine.
This should be OK for most people, but if you’re already getting a lot of Caffeine from other sources, it may be something to bear in mind.
We always recommend that you take a close look through the ingredients label for yourself before taking any new supplement for the first time.
It’s also always a good idea to speak to your doctor before taking any new supplement for the first time.
Each bottle of Herbtonics Thermogenic Fat Burner contains 120 Vegetarian Capsules.
That means that if you stick to the maximum recommended dose of four capsules per day, one bottle is going to last you for about a month.
The directions say that you should start off with 1 capsule twice a day with meals for 3 days to assess tolerance.
After that, the directions say that you should continue with 2 capsules twice a day with meals.
There is an advisory saying to avoid taking on an empty stomach not less than four hours before going to bed.
Overall, the best supplements tend to have servings of three to four per day, because that means your body is constantly being supplied with the ingredients.
At the time of writing, Herbtonics Thermogenic Fat Burner had 25 reviews on Amazon.
It seems to be a well-received product, with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
One person said that they had been using it for a few months now and it has been helping them on their journey.
Another customer said that it helped them a bit, but it didn’t boost their energy levels.
However, one unhappy customer said that it made them feel sick.
Herbtonics Thermogenic Fat Burner definitely contains some solid ingredients, but it doesn’t compete with the very best supplements on the market right now in our opinion.
You can see our guide to our pick of the best supplements on the market right now by visiting the link below.
As we mentioned above, there’s no such thing as a magic pill to solve your problems.
The best things you can do to boost your hopes of success is to make sure that you’re eating right and training hard.
If you’ve already got your exercise and nutrition on point, then picking a quality supplement can help to support you as you look to take responsibility for your body.
That wraps up our Herbtonics Thermogenic Fat Burner review.
Overall, this is an OK supplement which delivers some decent ingredients in good doses.
However, the fact that it doesn’t use any Cayenne Pepper or Glucomannan, and that the servings should be more regular, mean that we don’t rate it as one of the very best supplements on the market right now.
The information on this website is intended for entertainment purposes only and does not constitute professional, medical or healthcare advice or diagnosis, and may not be used as such.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge