It’s always good to come across products that have been designed with women in mind as most of the supplements in this category are either targeted at men or both genders.
We’ve been hearing a lot about Hourglass recently so we decided to take a closer look at it to see where it ranks.
Product website: www.hourglassfit.com
So-called ‘fat burners’ are supplement that contain a range of ingredients such as vitamins, minerals and plant extracts which can help to support your fitness goals.
It’s important to note that ‘fat burner’ supplements themselves have not been proven to work in scientific studies. It is individual ingredients themselves that are claimed to bring benefits by supporting a range of normal bodily functions – and ultimately your fitness goals.
You should always remember that no supplement will work miracles on its own. The only proven way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you are consuming, and we always recommend maintaining a healthy lifestyle overall.
This Hourglass review is going to focus on everything you need to know about this particular supplement as we look to see whether it’s worth buying or if your money would be better spent elsewhere.
We’re going to be paying particularly close attention to the ingredients formula, the dosages and what customers are actually saying about it, to see if it makes it onto our list of the best so-called fat burner for women supplements out there right now.
There are so many different supplements on sale these days that it can be tricky to work out which ones are worth your time and money.
This in-depth review should make it easier for you do decide whether Hourglass is a supplement worth buying or not.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s start taking a detailed look at Hourglass to see where it stands.
Skip To Section
Hourglass is a new female-focused ‘fat burner’ supplement that has been designed to help support your body goals.
It is made by the specialist supplements company Roar Ambition, who are the brand behind the incredibly popular Instant Knockout supplement.
Hourglass is their first woman-focused supplement, and it has been specifically designed with the female body in mind.
It uses a range of plant extracts and vitamins to help support a range of important bodily functions.
Hourglass is designed to be combined with a healthy diet and exercise plan. It contains ingredients that can help support your goals – but you shouldn’t expect to see miracles simply from taking this supplement alone.
The official Hourglass website says that this supplement uses a “revolutionary” formula containing ingredients specifically designed to support your health and fitness goals.
The marketing material goes on to promise that Hourglass will help you notice a difference that you will both “see and feel”.
It’s really great to come across another product that has been specifically formulated for women in a market where there are not too many options for females.
So, it all sounds very promising so far, but we prefer not to pay too much attention to what manufacturers say about their own products.
It’s usually much better to focus on the important supplement facts, such as the ingredients and dosages, as well as what customers are saying about it.
So let’s now move on to the next important section in our Hourglass review.
Let’s kick this part off by taking a look at the actual ingredients label of Hourglass as shown on the box.
Firstly, it’s great to see that the manufacturer have chosen not to use a proprietary blend with this formula. This means that we can clearly see the doses of the ingredients and exactly what is contained in each capsule.
We generally advise not using supplements that hide the dosages of the ingredients – so it’s great to see that Hourglass features a totally transparent formula.
Let’s now take a closer look at each one of the individual ingredients:
• Vitamin D3 – Also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’, this is a good inclusion in supplements of this type. Our bodies make Vitamin D when our skin is exposed to direct sunlight. Vitamin D contributes to normal function of the immune system and normal muscle function.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – These are two important B Vitamins that you need to get from your diet. In case you didn’t know, Vitamins B6 and B12 both help with the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, as well as contributing to normal energy release. They are great inclusions in the Hourglass formula.
• Chromium – Chromium is an essential trace mineral that your body needs in small amounts to function properly. In case you didn’t know, Chromium contributes to normal macronutrient (fat, protein and carbohydrate) metabolism. It also contributes to the maintenance of normal blood glucose (sugar) levels.
• Glucomannan – This is a dietary fiber which is extracted from the root of the Konjac plant. It’s a good ingredient for a supplement like this and is found in one of our favorites Leanbean.
• Green Tea Extract – You probably already know all about Green Tea and its supposed benefits. Hourglass contains a generous 500mg dose of Green Tea Extract per daily serving.
• Cayenne Pepper – This is a very popular ingredient in supplements in this category. Cayenne is found in many of the leading supplements in this category, so we were pleased to see it in Hourglass.
• Guarana – Guarana is sold on its own as a supplement in many health stores. It’s a popular inclusion in many products like this and it contains a small amount of Caffeine.
• Black Pepper Extract – This is a popular addition to many supplements, as it’s supposed to help with the absorption of the other ingredients to make for a more effective product overall.
We would have liked to see a larger dose of Glucomannan in Hourglass. At the moment, each daily serving contains 1500mg. We would much prefer to see a daily dose of 3000mg per daily serving, as that amount is far more likely to have benefits.
Other than that, we were pretty impressed by the Hourglass formula.
It contains a lot of the top ingredients and ticks most of the boxes when it comes to supplements in this category.
Because Guarana is a source of Caffeine, we would not recommend taking this supplement too close to bedtime, as the stimulant content could affect your sleep.
That being said, There is only a 100mg dose of Guarana per daily serving. Note that Green Tea Extract can also be a source of Caffeine.
To be on the safe side, we would not recommend taking Hourglass within four hours of going to sleep.
We strongly recommend that you speak to a certified medical professional before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
It’s also always a good idea to take a close look at the ingredients label yourself and do some of your own research to make sure that you’re not allergic to anything in the formula.
Each bottle of Hourglass contains 90 capsules, which is a month-long supply.
You simply take one capsule with a glass of water three times a day. Once in the morning, at lunch time, and the final one with your evening meal.
As we mentioned above, we would not recommend taking this supplement too close to bedtime because of the caffeine content.
Hourglass is a pretty new product so unfortunately that means that there are not a great deal of customer reviews to check through yet.
That said, there were some glowing testimonials on the official website (but that is probably to be expected).
A number of health and fitness review websites feature pretty good Hourglass reviews, but we’ll update this section once more customer feedback has filtered through.
• You can currently only buy Hourglass from the official Hourglass website, so you won’t find it on Amazon, eBay or in stores at the moment.
• It’s a premium priced product. It may not fit into everyone’s budget and there are cheaper options out there right now. They do offer multi-bottle discounts, however.
• The capsules contain Gelatin, which makes this supplement not suitable if you a strict Vegan or Vegetarian.
Hourglass is a pretty good option if you’re looking for a supplement to combine with a healthy diet and exercise plan.
It contains a lot of the ingredients we look for when it comes to products in this category, and we love the fact that it has a clean formula which transparently discloses the doses and the ingredients.
The only slight downsides are the fact that it is not Vegan or Vegetarian friendly because of the use of Gelatin for the capsules – and the slightly low dose of Glucomannan.
As we mentioned above, you should never expect a supplement to work miracles on its own.
You should always make sure that you are sticking to a good diet and exercising regularly before thinking about adding a supplement to your regimen.
Products like Hourglass are great options if you’re looking for a boost to help with your existing health regime – but it will not work wonders without some effort on your part.
You should also remember that no matter what supplement manufacturers say about their own products, it’s the ingredients you need check and do your research on, as many of them (though usually not all) have proven benefits.
So, that brings us to the end of our Hourglass fat burner review.
Overall, we think that this is a pretty solid supplement that can help to support your goals when combined with a healthy diet and exercise plan.
We were very impressed by the ingredients formula used and it is great to see that the doses are revealed in the formula without the use of a proprietary blend.
The only slight downsides of Hourglass in our opinion is the premium price tag, and the fact that we feel the manufacturer could have included a slightly bigger dose of Glucomannan for maximum effectiveness.
Overall, though, we were impressed with the choice of ingredients and the way Hourglass has been formulated.
For more information and to buy now: www.hourglassfit.com
MORE: Hunter Test Review
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge