Hourglass Fit – Review, Ingredients and Price
Hourglass Fit is a so-called 'fat burner' supplement aimed at women and made by a supplements company called Roar Ambition
Hourglass Fit is a vegan-friendly, low-stimulant so-called ‘fat burner’ supplement that has been specifically crafted for women.
Product website: www.hourglassfit.com
Hourglass Fit is made by the UK-based supplements company Roar Ambition and is sold from the official website along with some slick marketing material.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that, like most of the similar supplements out there, Hourglass Fit has not been proven to ‘burn’ fat on its own.
Instead, it’s simply a supplement which contains a range of ingredients, including vitamins, minerals and herbal extracts, and is intended to be combined with a varied diet and healthy overall lifestyle.
It’s widely accepted that the main proven way to lose fat is to stick to a (sensible and well-managed) diet and exercise regimen in which you’re burning slightly more calories than you’re consuming. In other words, it’s about keeping in a slight calorie deficit over time.
This article is going to focus on everything you need to know about this particular supplement as we look to see whether it’s worth buying or if your money would be better spent elsewhere.
We’re going to pay particularly close attention to the ingredients formula (which has recently been updated), the doses, and the product as a whole to consider including it on our list of the best so-called ‘fat burner’ for women supplements out there right now.
Editor's note: The content on this website is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. The content of our articles is not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. It’s always best to speak with your doctor or a certified medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle, diet or exercise routine, or trying a new supplement.
There are so many different supplements on sale these days that it can be tricky to work out which ones are worth your time and money.
This in-depth article should hopefully make it easier for you do decide whether Hourglass is a supplement worth buying or not.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s start taking a detailed look at Hourglass.
Jump To Section
Hourglass Fit – The Basics
Hourglass Fit is a female-focused so-called ‘fat burner’ supplement that contains a range of vitamins, minerals and plant extracts as its ingredients.
It is made by UK-based supplement company Roar Ambition, who are also the brand behind the Instant Knockout supplement, and it is shipped worldwide from both the UK and the USA.
Hourglass Fit is the company’s first woman-focused supplement, and the manufacturers claim that it has been specifically designed with the female body in mind.
Hourglass Fit is designed to be combined with a healthy diet and exercise plan. It contains ingredients that can help support a healthy lifestyle – but you shouldn’t expect to see miracles simply from taking a supplement alone.
The official Hourglass Fit website says that this supplement uses a “revolutionary” formula containing ingredients specifically designed to support your health and fitness goals.
The marketing material goes on to promise that Hourglass Fit uses a “smart 2in1 formula” to help you to achieve “real results”.
The Hourglass Fit ingredients formula has been recently updated, and each bottle now contains 120 capsules rather than the 90 capsules from before.
Of course, it’s not unusual for manufacturers to talk up their own products on their official websites, so these claims are usually best taken with a pinch of salt.
We’re now going to focus on the important supplement facts, such as the ingredients and dosages, as well as what customers are saying about it.
So let’s now move on to the next important section in our Hourglass Fit review.
Let’s kick this part off by taking a look at the actual ingredients label of Hourglass Fit as shown on the box.
The ingredients formula shown below was updated in the summer of 2020 and shown on the official website at the time of writing. Be sure to carefully read the entire label of any supplement you’re thinking of taking for the firs time.
Hourglass Fit is now also suitable for Vegans, which is another benefit of the formula upgrade which took place in the summer of 2020.
The formula does not use a proprietary blend and this means that we can clearly see the doses of the ingredients and exactly what is contained in each capsule. Sometimes this isn’t the case with similar supplements, so this is a definitely a plus-point.
Editor's note: The health claims about the ingredients mentioned in this article are listed as authorised on the EU Register at the time of publishing.
Let’s now take a closer look at each one of the individual ingredients:
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – These are two important B Vitamins that we need to get from our diets. In case you didn’t know, Vitamins B6 and B12 both help with the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, as well as contributing to normal energy release.
• Zinc – Zinc is an important essential mineral that we need to get from dietary sources. In case you didn’t know, Zinc contributes to the normal metabolism of fatty acids, as well as normal protein synthesis and the normal function of the immune system. Each four-capsule serving of Hourglass Fit contains 8mg of Zinc Citrate.
• Vitamin B2 – Also known as Riboflavin, this is another important vitamin that we need to get from our diet. Riboflavin contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and normal energy release, amongst other things. Each serving of Hourglass Fit contains 1.1mg of Riboflavin.
• Chromium – Chromium is an essential trace mineral that your body needs in small amounts to function properly. In case you didn’t know, Chromium contributes to normal macronutrient (fat, protein and carbohydrate) metabolism. It also contributes to the maintenance of normal blood glucose (sugar) levels.
• Glucomannan (Konjac Root Extract) – This is a dietary fiber which is extracted from the root of the Konjac plant. It’s a good ingredient and is also found in a competitor product from a different manufacturer called Leanbean. It’s a common ingredient in supplements in this category and has some promising research behind it. Each serving of Hourglass Fit contains 3000mg of Konjac Root Extract per serving (which is 750mg per capsule).
• Cayenne Pepper – Cayenne Pepper, or some form of Chilli Extract, is found in many of the leading supplements in this category. In case you’re wondering, this doesn’t make the supplement spicy, as it’s delivered in a capsule form to be swallowed like a multivitamin. Each serving of Hourglass Fit contains 100mg of Cayenne Pepper Extract.
• 5-HTP – 5-HTP stands for 5-Hydroxytryptophan, which is known as an immediate precursor of Serotonin. It’s available on its own in supplement form in many health stores. It also makes it into the Hourglass Fit formula with a 150mg dose per four-capsule serving.
• Black Pepper Extract – This is a popular addition to many supplements, as it’s claimed to help with the absorption of the other ingredients. Each serving contains 5mg of Black Pepper Extract as BioPerine.
You can find out more about the ingredients Hourglass Fit uses on the official website.
The Hourglass Fit formula is a clear, simple and straightforward one.
The manufacturers have opted to go with a large dose of Konjac Root Extract, which can help to support you on your health and fitness journey. They have also opted to use some common inclusions such as Cayenne Pepper, along with Chromium and Zinc.
One thing worth noting about the new Hourglass Fit formula is that it does not use Caffeine or any other stimulants in its formula. This may suit people who are looking for a non-stimulant supplement to complement their healthy diet and lifestyle.
We strongly recommend that you speak to a certified medical professional before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
It’s also important that you carefully read the entire label before taking any new supplement, and that includes all of the warnings, directions and ingredients.
There’s a warning on the label saying not to take Hourglass Fit if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or under the age of 18.
The label also advises that you should speak to your doctor before taking this supplement if you have or suspect a medical condition, or are taking any medication.
The label also features a warning saying that if you experience any “adverse” reactions from taking this supplement, you should discontinue immediately and contact your doctor.
How To Take It
Each bottle of Hourglass Fit contains 120 capsules (up from 90 in the previous formula), which is a 30-day supply if you stick to the recommended dose as state on the bottle.
You are advised to take one capsule with a big glass of water, four times per day.
Be sure to carefully check the label of any supplement you’re thinking of taking, as the directions may vary from what’s shown above.
A bottle of Hourglass Fit is a month’s supply and contains 120 capsules. At the time of writing, Hourglass currently costs $55 / £35 / €45 per bottle on the official website.
The manufacturers do offer some discounts on the price per bottle if you are willing to buy more than one at a time, so it’s worth checking the official site for the latest prices.
Hourglass Fit Reviews
Hourglass Fit is a pretty new product so that means that there are not a great deal of customer reviews to check through yet.
The fact that Hourglass Fit is also only available to buy on the official website also means that there are no reviews on other sites such as Amazon for us to check out.
Naturally, the testimonials and reviews on the Hourglass Fit website are largely positive, but as the manufacturer controls what appears there, it’s probably best to take them with a pinch of salt.
• As we just mentioned, you can currently only buy Hourglass Fit from the official Hourglass Fit website, so you won’t find it on Amazon, eBay or in stores at the moment.
• It’s a premium-priced product. It may not fit into everyone’s budget and there is no getting around the fact that there are cheaper options out there right now.
• Some of the similar products in this category offer more capsules per bottle compared to Hourglass Fit’s 120.
Our Verdict On Hourglass Fit
Hourglass Fit is a decent option if you’re looking for a supplement designed to be combined with a healthy diet and exercise plan.
It contains a lot of the ingredients we look for when it comes to products in this category, and we like the fact that it has a clear formula which transparently discloses the doses and the ingredients.
As we mentioned above, you should not expect miracles from supplements like this. They will not work wonders on their own, and getting your diet and exercise right should always be your priority before trying a supplement like Hourglass.
Anything Else To Consider?
As we mentioned above, you should never expect a supplement like this to work miracles on its own.
You should always make sure that you are sticking to a good diet and exercising regularly before thinking about adding a supplement like Hourglass Fit to your regimen.
Products like Hourglass Fit can be combined with your existing health and fitness regime – but they will not work wonders on their own.
In other words, food supplements are not intended to replace a varied diet and an overall healthy lifestyle.
You should also remember that no matter what supplement manufacturers say about their own products, it’s the ingredient formula that it’s best to check and do some of your own research on.
Conclusion – Our Final Thoughts
So, that brings us to the end of our Hourglass Fit review.
Overall, we think that this is a decently-formulated supplement for women. It has some interesting ingredients and a clear formula featuring vitamins and plant extracts.
The only downsides in our opinion are the premium price tag, and the fact that some of the competitor products offer more capsules per bottle, as we explained above.
Generally speaking, though, we were impressed with the choice of ingredients and the way Hourglass Fit has been formulated.