Hourglass ‘Fat Burner’ – Review, Ingredients and Price
Hourglass is a so-called 'fat burner' supplement aimed at women and made by a UK-based company called Roar Ambition
Hourglass is a so-called ‘fat burner’ supplement that has been specifically crafted for women.
Product website: www.hourglassfit.com
Hourglass is made by the UK-based supplements company Roar Ambition and is marketed with some pretty bold claims online.
So-called ‘fat burners’ are supplements that contain a range of ingredients such as vitamins, minerals and plant extracts.
It’s important to note that ‘fat burner’ supplements themselves, including ones like Hourglass, have not been proven to work in scientific studies.
It is individual ingredients themselves that are claimed to bring benefits by supporting a range of bodily functions.
No supplement will work miracles on its own. The only proven way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you are consuming – and this is possible without any supplements at all.
It’s important to keep your expectations realistic. Hourglass is a food supplement that contains a range of different ingredients, each of which may bring potential benefits.
This article is going to focus on everything you need to know about this particular supplement as we look to see whether it’s worth buying or if your money would be better spent elsewhere.
We’re going to pay particularly close attention to the ingredients formula, the doses, and the product as a whole to consider including it on our list of the best so-called ‘fat burner’ for women supplements out there right now.
Editor's note: The content on this website is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. The content of our articles is not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. It’s always best to speak with your doctor or a certified medical professional before making any changes to your diet or exercise routine, or trying a new supplement.
There are so many different supplements on sale these days that it can be tricky to work out which ones are worth your time and money.
This in-depth article should hopefully make it easier for you do decide whether Hourglass is a supplement worth buying or not.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s start taking a detailed look at Hourglass.
Jump To Section
Hourglass – The Basics
Hourglass is a female-focused so-called ‘fat burner’ supplement that has been designed to help support your body goals.
It is made by UK-based supplement company Roar Ambition, who are also the brand behind the Instant Knockout supplement.
Hourglass is the company’s first woman-focused supplement, and the manufacturers claim that it has been specifically designed with the female body in mind.
It contains a range of plant extracts and vitamins, which can help support a range of bodily functions.
Hourglass is designed to be combined with a healthy diet and exercise plan. It contains ingredients that can help support your goals – but you shouldn’t expect to see miracles simply from taking this supplement alone.
The official Hourglass website says that this supplement uses a “revolutionary” formula containing ingredients specifically designed to support your health and fitness goals.
The marketing material goes on to promise that Hourglass will help you notice a difference that you will both “see and feel”.
Of course, it’s not unusual for manufacturers to talk up their own products on their official websites, so these claims are usually best taken with a pinch of salt.
We’re now going to focus on the important supplement facts, such as the ingredients and dosages, as well as what customers are saying about it.
So let’s now move on to the next important section in our Hourglass review.
Let’s kick this part off by taking a look at the actual ingredients label of Hourglass as shown on the box.
The formula does not use a proprietary blend and this means that we can clearly see the doses of the ingredients and exactly what is contained in each capsule. Sometimes this isn’t the case with similar supplements.
Let’s now take a closer look at each one of the individual ingredients:
• Vitamin D3 – Also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’. Our bodies make Vitamin D naturally when our skin is exposed to UVB rays in sunlight. Depending on where you live in the world, it may be difficult to get enough all year round this way. In case you didn’t know, Vitamin D contributes to normal function of the immune system and normal muscle function.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – These are two important B Vitamins that you need to get from your diet. In case you didn’t know, Vitamins B6 and B12 both help with the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, as well as contributing to normal energy release.
• Chromium – Chromium is an essential trace mineral that your body needs in small amounts to function properly. In case you didn’t know, Chromium contributes to normal macronutrient (fat, protein and carbohydrate) metabolism. It also contributes to the maintenance of normal blood glucose (sugar) levels.
• Glucomannan – This is a dietary fiber which is extracted from the root of the Konjac plant. It’s a good ingredient and is also found in a competitor product from a different manufacturer called Leanbean.
• Green Tea Extract – You probably already know all about Green Tea and its supposed benefits. Hourglass contains a generous 500mg dose of Green Tea Extract per daily serving.
• Cayenne Pepper – This is a very popular ingredient in supplements in this category. Cayenne is found in many of the leading supplements in this category, so we were pleased to see it in Hourglass.
• Guarana – Guarana is sold on its own as a supplement in many health stores. It’s a popular inclusion in many products like this and it contains a small amount of Caffeine.
• Black Pepper Extract – This is a popular addition to many supplements, as it’s claimed to help with the absorption of the other ingredients.
You can find out more about the ingredients Hourglass uses on the official website.
From our perspective, we would have liked to see a slightly larger dose of Glucomannan in Hourglass. At the moment, each daily serving contains 1500mg.
We would much prefer to see a daily dose of 3000mg per daily serving. This is the dosage that is approved for health claims in Europe. Products that contain doses below that amount cannot make the same claims.
Because Guarana is a source of Caffeine, we would not recommend taking this supplement too close to bedtime, as the stimulant content could affect your sleep.
That being said, there is only a 100mg dose of Guarana per daily serving. Having said that, it’s important to note that Green Tea Extract can also be a source of Caffeine.
To be on the safe side, we would not recommend taking Hourglass within four hours of going to sleep.
All that being said, we strongly recommend that you speak to a certified medical professional before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
It’s also always a good idea to take a close look at the ingredients label yourself and do some of your own research to make sure that you’re not allergic to anything in the formula.
How To Take It
Each bottle of Hourglass contains 90 capsules, which is a month-long supply if you stick to the recommended dose as state on the bottle.
You are advised to take one capsule with a glass of water three times a day. Once in the morning, at lunch time, and the final one with your evening meal.
As we mentioned above, we would not recommend taking this supplement too close to bedtime because of the caffeine content.
A bottle of Hourglass is a month’s supply and contains 90 capsules. At the time of writing, Hourglass currently costs $55 / £35 per bottle on the official website.
The manufacturers offer some discounts on the price per bottle if you are willing to buy more than one at a time.
Hourglass is a pretty new product so that means that there are not a great deal of customer reviews to check through yet.
The fact that Hourglass is also only available to buy on the official website also means that there are no reviews on other sites such as Amazon for us to check out.
Naturally, the testimonials and reviews on the Hourglass website are largely positive, but as the manufacturer controls what appears there, it’s probably best to take them with a pinch of salt.
• As we just mentioned, you can currently only buy Hourglass from the official Hourglass website, so you won’t find it on Amazon, eBay or in stores at the moment.
• It’s a premium-priced product. It may not fit into everyone’s budget and there is no getting around the fact that there are cheaper options out there right now.
• The capsules contain Gelatin, which makes this supplement not suitable if you a strict Vegan or Vegetarian.
• As we explained above, we would have liked to see a slightly larger dose of Glucomannan in this supplement.
Our Verdict on Hourglass
Hourglass is a decent option if you’re looking for a supplement designed to be combined with a healthy diet and exercise plan.
It contains a lot of the ingredients we look for when it comes to products in this category, and we like the fact that it has a clean formula which transparently discloses the doses and the ingredients.
The only slight downsides are the fact that it is not Vegan or Vegetarian friendly because of the use of Gelatin for the capsules – and the slightly low dose of Glucomannan.
As we mentioned above, you should not expect miracles from supplements like this. They will not work wonders on their own, and getting your diet and exercise right should always be your priority before trying a supplement like Hourglass.
Anything Else To Consider?
As we mentioned above, you should never expect a supplement like this to work miracles on its own.
You should always make sure that you are sticking to a good diet and exercising regularly before thinking about adding a supplement like Hourglass to your regimen.
Products like Hourglass can be combined with your existing health and fitness regime – but it will not work wonders without some effort on your part.
You should also remember that no matter what supplement manufacturers say about their own products, it’s the ingredient formula that you need check and do your research on, as many of them (though usually not all) have proven benefits.
Conclusion – Our Final thoughts
So, that brings us to the end of our Hourglass ‘fat burner’ review.
Overall, we think that this is a decently-formulated supplement for women. It has some interesting ingredients and a relatively clean formula.
The only downsides in our opinion are the premium price tag, and the fact that we feel the manufacturer could have included a slightly bigger dose of Glucomannan, as we explained above.
Generally speaking, though, we were impressed with the choice of ingredients and the way Hourglass has been formulated.
For more information and to buy now: www.hourglassfit.com
The information on this website is intended for entertainment purposes only and does not constitute professional, medical or healthcare advice or diagnosis, and may not be used as such.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ryan Carter
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard