After all, Hydroxycut is one of the most well-known weight loss supplement brands in the USA, so we were very interested to find out more about their main non-stimulant offering.
Most fat burners contain a good amount of Caffeine or other stimulants, but they can be too much for some people, so that’s where choosing a stimulant-free option becomes important.
We have recently updated our guide to the best stimulant free fat burners on the market right now for both men and women, so be sure to check it out.
This Hydroxycut Caffeine Free review will focus on all of the important things you need to know about this supplement so you can decide whether it’s the best option for you, or if your money is better spent elsewhere.
We’ve got high hopes for this product considering the strong reputation of the brand, so let’s start taking a close look at this fat burner supplement.
So, as we already know, Hydroxycut Caffeine Free is the main non-stim fat burner offered by Hydroxycut.
The one caveat to this is that the manufacturers actually call this product “99% Caffeine free”, meaning that there is some Caffeine in this supplement.
According to the official product website, these are the main points about this supplement:
• Promises ‘advanced’ weight loss
• 99% Caffeine free
Going purely on the marketing material supplied with this supplement, it’s not clear how this fat burner works.
Most fat burner supplements work in multiple ways to help you lose fat. For example, the top products on the market will help stimulate thermogenic fat burning, boost energy levels and suppress appetite all a the same time.
It’s understandable that Hydroxycut Caffeine Free doesn’t focus on boosting energy levels because of the non-stimulant formula, but it’s a bit disappointing that they haven’t appeared to use any specific ingredients to help suppress appetite.
Next, let’s take a look at the all important ingredients in Hydroxycut Caffeine Free to see if this product lives up to the marketing hype or not.
Let’s kick this part off by taking a close look at the full ingredients label of Hydroxycut Caffeine Free.
The disappointing thing that you can already see from this ingredients list is that this product uses a proprietary blend.
Basically, this is when the manufacturer chooses to put all of the ingredients within a total ‘blend’ rather than list them separately.
This isn’t good, because it means that we don’t know the doses of the individual ingredients used, which makes it difficult to judge the effectiveness.
• Robusta Coffee Extract – This is basically a longer name for Green Coffee Bean Extract. This is a good fat burning ingredient because it’s rich in a substances called Chlorogenic Acid, which has been linked to increased fat burning. Chlorogenic Acid has been shown to reduce the formation of glucose in your liver. This product contains a decaffeinated version of Robusta Coffee Extract.
• Papaya – Papaya is a natural diuretic (meaning you’ll have to pee more often). It’s also known for its antioxidant properties, but it doesn’t have much evidence linking it to increased fat burning, which is the purpose of this supplement.
• Maqui – This is a type of berry which also has antioxidant properties. It’s a fruit which grows in the Patagonia area of South America. There have been some suggestions that it could boost metabolism to increase fat burning, but there is not much scientific evidence to support this.
• Blackberry – Again, this is another ingredient known for its antioxidant effects. It seems that Hydroxycut have set out to make sure this supplement contains all of the antioxidants under the sun. Again, there is little to no evidence linking it with fat loss.
• Amla Extract – This ingredient is mainly used for regulating glucose metabolism and cardiac health. That being said, there is once again little solid evidence linking this to helping with fat burning.
• Saffron Extract – This is a common spice you might fight in your kitchen. There is some evidence to show that it could help to combat depression. There is also some weak evidence which suggests that it could help to suppress appetite, which is presumably why it’s been included in this supplement.
Where to start? Of course, we understand that Hydroxycut could not include things like Caffeine in this product, but there are so many other options that would have made for a fat better supplement.
Firstly, it was disappointing that there was no Cayenne Pepper used in this supplement.
Cayenne is one of the best thermogenic ingredients around, and it can also suppress appetite to help keep you feeling fuller for longer.
It was also a shame that Hydroxycut Caffeine Free doesn’t use any Green Tea Extract. It’s another powerful thermogenic.
Green Tea does contain small amounts of Caffeine, but there are decaffeinated options available, so that’s no excuse for not using it.
It was also disappointing not to find any Glucomannan in this product. Glucomannan is a powerful dietary fiber which swells in your stomach to help keep you feeling fuller for longer, and make sticking to your diet easier.
Of course, the main problem with fat burners these days is that many of them contain too many stimulants.
That, of course, it not a problem with this supplement, which is 99% caffeine free.
We always recommend doing your own research into the ingredients before taking any supplement for the first time, so you can be sure that you’re not allergic to any of the substances.
Because Hydroxycut Caffeine Free uses natural ingredients and no stimulants, this is probably quite a safe supplement.
Each bottle of Hydroxycut Caffeine Free contains 60 caplets.
That means that if you stick to the recommended maximum dose of four per day, one bottle will last you for 15 days.
This is too short in our opinion. We think that all supplements should be sold in month-long supplies, no matter how many tablets you have to take per day.
The directions are pretty straightforward. They say that you should take 2 caplets twice daily, 30 to 60 minutes before your two main meals.
There’s a warning saying not to exceed two caplets in a four-hour period or four caplets in a 24-hour period.
At the time of writing this article, Hydroxycut Caffeine Free had an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
One person said that they loved the product after having searched for a stimulant free version of the Hydroxycut supplements.
Someone else was happy with their purchase after they looked for a non-stim fat burner which didn’t conflict with their pre workout supplement of choice.
However, there were inevitably some negative reviews as well. One person said that it made their heart race “for hours” which seems strange, considering that this is a stimulant free fat burner.
Someone else bluntly wrote “does literally nothing”, which isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement.
Not in our opinion. Hydroxycut Caffeine Free contains only one of our favorite fat burning ingredients (Green Coffee Extract) and it falls short of our expectations.
If you’re looking for the best stimulant free fat burner for women, be sure to check out our Leanbean review.
As we always say, there’s no such thing as a ‘magic’ product to help you burn fat.
The first thing you should always do is make sure that your diet and training regime is on point.
You’re not going to have much success unless your training hard, eating right and getting plenty of rest.
That being said, if you’re already doing these things, then choosing a quality fat burner can indeed make a huge difference to your results.
So, that wraps up our Hydroxycut Caffeine Free review.
Overall, this product was a disappointment for us because we had high expectations.
In our opinion, it doesn’t contain anywhere near enough proven fat burning ingredients. It also uses a proprietary blend, meaning that we don’t even know the doses of the individual ingredients used.
All in all, we think that there are some far better non-stim fat burner supplements on the market right now.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga