Hydroxycut Platinum MuscleTech – Reviews, Ingredients and Price
We take a close look at the Hydroxycut Platinum supplement, focusing specifically on the ingredients, doses and directions
Hydroxycut Platinum is a supplement made by MuscleTech that contains a range of ingredients including vitamins, minerals and herbal extracts.
Available to buy at: www.muscleandstrength.com
The Hydroxycut brand of supplements is made by MuscleTech, who are one of the biggest hames in the health and fitness supplement market.
There are lots of products in the Hydroxycut range of supplements, and Hydroxycut Platinum contains a range of ingredients that have been selected to offer some support on your health and fitness journey.
Before we start taking a close look at Hydroxycut Platinum, we want to make a few important points about the supplements in this sometimes controversial category.
So-called ‘fat burner’ supplements are not ‘magic pills’ – and they are generally not proven to ‘burn’ fat on their own.
However, what they can do is provide a range of ingredients such as vitamins, minerals, stimulants and plant extracts, each of which may bring some benefits and support on your health and fitness journey.
Editor's note: The content on this website is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. The content of our articles and the products featured in them are not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. Always speak with your doctor or a certified medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle, diet or exercise routine, or taking any supplements.
The purpose of this article is for us to take a detailed look at the Hydroxycut Platinum supplement. We’re going to be paying particularly close attention to the facts, such as the ingredients, the doses, the directions and the price.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s start taking a closer look at the Hydroxycut Platinum supplement.
Jump To Section
Hydroxycut Platinum – The Basics
As we have already mentioned, Hydroxycut Platinum is a supplement that’s been formulated with a range of ingredients and that has been designed to support your health and fitness goals.
It’s made by a company called MuscleTech, who have a number of other products in their popular Hydroxycut range.
Hydroxycut Platinum is available to buy from a number of outlets online, including Amazon.com and Muscleandstrength.com in the USA.
Each bottle of Hydroxycut Platinum contains 60 “rapid release” capsules, which contain specific doses of a selection of ingredients.
The marketing material on the Amazon.com product page says that Hydroxycut Platinum has been formulated with 19 essential vitamins and minerals to help support a range of important bodily functions.
At this point, though, we should point out that you should be able to get enough of the vitamins and minerals you need by following a varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle overall. That said, supplements can provide a convenient way of ‘topping up’ your intake of some of these important nutrients.
Hydroxycut Platinum also contains the stimulant Caffeine as part of its formula, as is often the case with supplements in this category.
The marketing material on the Amazon.com product page goes on to say that this supplement can help you to “look and feel great today”.
So, now that we’ve covered some of the basic things to know about Hydroxycut Platinum, it’s time to take a slightly closer look at the ingredients formula.
Let’s begin this part by taking a closer look at the actual ingredients label of Hydroxycut Platinum.
Note that the label shown below was displayed on Amazon.com at the time of writing, but you should carefully check the label of any product you purchase, as the formulas may change from time to time.
The first thing worth noting is that most of the ingredients in the Hydroxycut Platinum formula are displayed with their doses. There are a few exceptions that are contained in proprietary blends, but the main doses of the ingredients are disclosed on the label.
Editor's note: The health claims about the ingredients mentioned in this article are listed as authorised on the EU Register at the time of publishing.
Let’s now take a look at some of the main ingredients in the Hydroxycut Platinum formula.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – These are two important B Vitamins that we need to get from our diets. In case you didn’t know, Vitamins B6 and B12 contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Chromium – This is an essential trace element that the body needs to get from dietary sources. Chromium helps to contribute to normal macronutrient metabolism, and the maintenance of normal blood glucose levels. Each two capsules of Hydroxycut Platinum contains 117mcg of Chromium.
• Zinc – Another important mineral, Zinc contributes to normal protein synthesis and normal macronutrient metabolism. Each two-capsule serving of Hydroxycut Platinum contains 4.4mg of Zinc.
• Vitamin D – This is another important Vitamin. Vitamin D is made by the body when our skin is exposed to direct sunlight containing UVB rays. Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system amongst other things. Each serving of Hydroxycut Platinum contains 149IU of Vitamin D.
• Iron – Iron is an important dietary mineral. It contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, as well as normal energy release. Each two capsules of Hydroxycut Platinum contains 9mg of Iron.
• Robusta Coffee Bean Extract – This is a coffee bean extract also known as C. Canephora Robusta Extract. It has been included in the Hydroxycut Platinum formula because it is rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid. Each two capsules of Hydroxycut Platinum contains 200mg of Robusta Coffee Bean Extract.
• White Kidney Bean Extract – Each serving of Hydroxycut Platinum also contains some White Kidney Bean Extract. The exact amount of this ingredient is not disclosed as it is part of one of the proprietary blends in the formula.
• Coffee Bean Extract – Hydroxycut Platinum also contains a dose of Coffea Arabica Extract in its formula. This is a source of Caffeine, and according to the label, it supplies 200mg of Caffeine per two capsules. To put this dose of Caffeine into context, you’d expect to find around 100mg of Caffeine in a regular cup of coffee.
• L-Theanine – This is an amino acid which is found in tea leaves. It’s also a common ingredient in supplements, especially where there is some Caffeine in the formula, as is the case with Hydroxycut Platinum. The exact amount of L-Theanine in the formula is not disclosed on the label, as it is part of the blend.
There are a range of other ingredients in the Hydroxycut Platinum formula, including plenty of other vitamins, minerals and herbal extracts, as well as some active bacteria.
Price and Where To Buy
At the time of writing, one bottle of Hydroxycut Platinum costs $27.99 at muscleandstrength.com.
This supplement is also available to buy from a number of other online outlets including Amazon.com, where it costs around the same price at the time of writing.
It’s always best to speak to your doctor before taking a new supplement or making any major lifestyle changes.
It’s also very important that you carefully read the entire label of any supplement you’re thinking of taking, including all of the directions, ingredients and safety warnings.
There are a number of warnings shown on the Amazon.com listing at the time of writing.
The page says that this supplement is not intended for use by persons under 18. Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
It also says that you must discontinue use and consult a medical doctor if you experience unusual symptoms.
The label also says that you should consult a medical doctor before use if you have been treated for or diagnosed with, or have a family history of any medical condition or if you are using any prescription or over-the-counter drug(s), including blood thinners.
The Amazon listing also says that you should consult a medical doctor before starting any diet or exercise program, and that you must not exceed the recommended serving.
How To Take It
As mentioned above, always be sure to read the directions and entire label that come with any supplement you purchase.
The directions shown on muscleandstrength.com at the time of writing were as follows:
They say that once your tolerance has been assessed (by following a chart shown on the box), take two capsules twice daily, 30 to 60 minutes before your two largest meals (e.g., breakfast and lunch).
The directions say that you must not exceed 4 capsules in a 24-hour period. For best results, use for 60 days in combination with diet and training.
Hydroxycut Platinum Reviews
We took a look on Amazon.com to see what some customers were saying about Hydroxycut Platinum.
At the time of writing, this supplement had an average rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars from a total of 1,258 reviews.
One happy customer left a five-star review and said that they were delighted with the supplement and that it was a “must have”.
One of the more negative reviews came from somebody who left a two-star review and suggested that the supplement did not work for them as they had hoped.
Anything Else To Consider?
As mentioned above, it’s always best to speak to your doctor before taking a new supplement for the first time.
Dietary supplements are not intended to replace a varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle overall.
It’s best not to regard the supplements in this category as ‘magic pills’ that will work without any effort on your part.
Sticking to a good diet, following a sensible exercise plan and ensuring that you’re getting enough quality sleep are some of the key things you can do to support your health overall.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
Hydroxycut Platinum is a popular supplement that contains a range of ingredients including vitamins, minerals and Coffee Bean Extracts.
If you’re interested, you can check out our guide to some of the leading supplements in this category by following the link shown below.
Conclusion – Our Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our look at Hydroxycut Platinum.
We’ve walked you through some of the key things to know about this particular supplement, including the ingredients, doses and directions.
It’s a popular supplement that’s available to buy from various outlets online, and contains some commonly-used ingredients.