We’ve reviewed some of Hydroxycut range in the past and we’re generally fans of the products.
In this review article, we’re going to take a close look at Hydroxycut Platinum by examining the main ingredients, comparing it to other products on the market and seeing what the customers have to say about it.
Hydroxycut Platinum fits into the wider category of health and fitness supplements designed to help support your body goals.
These are products which usually contain number of natural ingredients and stimulants to help support you on your journey.
What makes Hydroxycut Platinum slightly different is that it contains probiotics and vitamins, which is somewhat unusual for a product in this category.
We’re now going to take a close look at the main ingredients in Hydroxycut Platinum to see if this supplement is all that it’s cracked up to be.
The first thing that struck us about the label of product is that it has a ridiculously long ingredients list.
There are more that 30 separate ingredients in this product, which immediately caused some alarm bells because we found that supplements which have many ingredients often compromise on the doses.
Our general feeling about this product is that it’s trying to do too many things and that there are better options on sale at the moment.
• Robusta coffee extract – MuscleTech describe this ingredient as the top aspect of this product. It’s a similar ingredient to Green Coffee Bean Extract, which is rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid. This is not a bad place to start for the Hydroxycut Platinum formula.
• Active Probiotics – Hydroxycut Platinum also contains a number of different probiotics to help your gut. These include LactoSpore® Bacillus coagulans. While it’s a nice and somewhat unusual touch, we don’t consider probiotics as a key ingredient for a supplement of this type.
• Vitamins and Minerals – As we mentioned above, there are loads of vitamins and minerals packed into Hydroxycut Platinum. This is a good thing. The main things we look for in supplements in this category are plenty of B Vitamins and Zinc. Chromium is another ingredient we tend to look for and it’s good to see that all three of these are included in Hydroxycut Platinum. In case you didn’t know, Chromium contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism as well as the maintenance of normal blood glucose concentrations.
• Coffee extract – This is the last ‘core’ ingredient of Hydroxycut Platinum. It’s essentially coffee bean extract and is included in Hydroxycut Platinum to act as a natural source of caffeine. So this supplement delivers 200mg of caffeine per serving from coffee extract (called Coffea arabica on the label). This is another decent ingredient in the Hydroxycut Platinum formula.
As you’ll see below, there are plenty of other ingredients in Hydroxycut Platinum – and probably too many in our opinion.
There are a lot of things missing from this product in our opinion if it wants to be taken seriously as a top supplement.
Two of the first ingredients we look for in a product of this type are Cayenne Pepper and Green Tea Extract, and it was really disappointing to find that neither make the cut in Hydroxycut Platinum.
It was also a shame not to see Glucomannan included. This is one of our favorite ingredients. It’s a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant.
The final disappointing omission from this product was Black Pepper Extract. We wouldn’t usually consider taking a supplement of this type which didn’t include Black Pepper Extract in some form, so it was a shame not to find it on the table.
Overall, there are quite a lot of things missing from Hydroxycut Platinum, making it difficult for us to consider it as one of the very best products in this category.
As always, we do recommend carefully checking the ingredients list of any product before you consider taking it for the first time to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
That being said, these kinds of supplements are usually pretty safe.
The one thing to bear in mind with Hydroxycut Platinum in particular is that it contains quite a lot of caffeine (200mg per two-capsule serving).
With that in mind, we’d recommend not taking this product too close to bedtime because the caffeine content could mess with your sleep.
It’s also a good idea to speak to your doctor before thinking about taking any kind of new supplement for the first time.
Each bottle of Hydroxycut Platinum contains 60 rapid-release capsules. That means that if you take the maximum recommended dose of four capsules a day, one bottle would only last you 15 days.
On the label, it says that once your tolerance has been assessed, you should take two capsules twice daily, 30 to 60 minutes before your two biggest meals of the day.
Once again, we’d recommend not taking this product too close to bedtime to avoid the caffeine having any effect on your sleep.
There are plenty of customer reviews of Hydroxycut Platinum online – and they seem to be mixed.
One user complained that they didn’t experience many benefits at all while taking a product, and even said that their food cravings increased.
However, another customer said that they loved the product and that it worked brilliantly for them after they combined it with regular exercise and a healthy diet.
One more user said that you definitely have to make sure that you get plenty of exercise to feel the full effects of this product.
Another purchaser said that it increased their levels of anxiety and that they stopped taking it immediately.
There were also plenty of people who reported very positive benefits after having taken Hydroxycut Platinum for some time.
Not in our opinion. While Hydroxycut Platinum is clearly trying to be different by including a host of ingredients you wouldn’t normally find in a product of this type, we feel that there are better options out there.
We recently picked our favourite five supplements on sale at the moment by comparing the ingredients and checking out some customer reviews. Click the link below to check out the list.
We always recommend that you only consider taking a product of this type if you’re going to train hard and eat right.
There are no shortcuts to success when it comes to your health and fitness and you’ll want to make that these key aspects are taken care of before considering a supplement like this one.
That being said, if you train hard and eat well, a supplement like this can help to to support you on your journey.
So, is Hydroxycut Platinum a good supplement that you should consider taking? Here are our general thoughts in a nutshell:
• Reputable brand
• Vitamins and minerals
• Some good ingredients
• Too many ingredients
• Some key ingredients missing
• Mixed customer reviews
Remember to check out our pick of the best five supplements on sale at the moment by hitting the link below.
So there we have it, our full review of Hydroxycut Platinum by MuscleTech. While we were somewhat impressed by the innovative ambition of this product, we feel that it comes up short in key areas.
We definitely feel that there are better options available at the moment elsewhere.
MORE: Shred Jym review
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge