Made by a company called MuscleTech, the Hydroxycut range is one of the most popular in the US, so it’s hard not to take notice when they add a fresh product to their range.
These kinds of supplements have become increasingly popular in recent years as more and more people look for new ways to help support their goals.
The purpose of this Hydroxycut Super Elite review is for us to take a close look at this supplement from multiple angles as we look to try and see whether it can live up to the marketing hype – or if your money would be better spent on something else.
We’re going to focus on the ingredients formula, the customer reviews and the servings to see whether this product can actually deliver on its promises or not.
The supplements market has become increasingly crowded recently, and there are countless products in the Hydroxycut range – so we’re looking forward to seeing where this supplement stands.
So let’s now get our review under way by taking a look at the basic facts about Hydroxycut Super Elite.
As you’ve probably already worked out, Hydroxycut Super Elite is a supplement that’s been designed to help support your goals.
It’s currently available to buy at certain online outlets like Amazon and Bodybuilding.com, as well as some stores such as GNC and CVS.
According to the box, this product will work in a number of ways to help support you on your journey.
Generally speaking, the leading so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements on the market work in multiple ways, so it’s good to see that this product has been formulated like that as well.
The marketing material for Hydroxycut Super Elite goes on to claim that this supplement has been “engineered to deliver an extreme sensory effect for explosive energy”.
We’re not too sure what they mean by “sensory effect” but we’ll assume that it’s a positive thing.
The marketing spiel also says that Super Elite has been formulated to deliver “scientifically studied” results to help achieve its effects.
The manufacturers also make a big deal of the fact that Hydroxycut Super Elite uses liquid capsules to deliver its effects, and they claim that this makes the product work even faster than standard powder capsules.
So now that we know a bit more about the basic facts surrounding this supplement, it’s time to start taking a closer look at the ingredients formula to actually find out whether this product can deliver on its own hype.
Let’s begin this crucial section by taking a look at the actual ingredients formula of Hydroxycut Super Elite, as printed on the box.
Firstly, we should give MuscleTech credit for not using a proprietary blend with this supplement.
This means that we clearly know the exact doses of the ingredients used, unlike in some other products where they use proprietary blends to mask the doses of the individual ingredients.
We always generally advise that you stay away from any supplements that use proprietary blends, so it was good to see that Hydroxycut Super Elite has a totally transparent formula.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients in the Hydroxycut Super Elite supplement.
• Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12 – We always like to see B Vitamins used in these kinds of supplements so it was a pleasant surprise to find a wide variety in the Hydroxycut Super Elite formula. B6 and B12 are particularly good additions to the formula. In case you didn’t know, they both contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – This is one of the most popular ingredients and for good reason. Caffeine is a good ingredient and commonly found in most of the leading products in this category. The 200mg per serving should be enough to give you the benefits without causing any nasty side effects.
• Yohimbe Extract – This is a relatively common ingredient but not one of our favorites. Yohimbe is a chemical derived from the bark of the Pausinystalia yohimbe tree in Central Africa. There are some claims online that it could help with certain things, but we are not too keen on it if we’re being totally honest.
• Black Pepper Extract – A good inclusion for any kind of supplement, as Black Pepper Extract is usually included in some form in most of the supplements in this category.
• Satsuma Mandarin – Not a bad ingredient because it’s likely to be high in Vitamin C. However, there are probably some better ingredients that could have been included in its place, if we’re being totally honest.
• Huperzine-A – This is an ingredient that comes from a plant called Chinese club moss. It has been linked with certain claims online, but we are not totally convinced about its supposed benefits.
• C. Canephora Robusta Bean Extract – This is basically the same as Green Coffee Bean extract, which is an ingredient we always like to find in supplements like this. That’s because it’s rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid. It was good to find it in the formula.
The Hydroxycut Super Elite formula is not too bad – and it’s good that MuscleTech have chosen not to use a proprietary blend with this supplement.
However, there were a few of our favorite ingredients that didn’t make it into the formula. They were:
• Cayenne Pepper
• Green Tea Extract
Cayenne Pepper and Green Tea are two of the first ingredients we look for in supplements in this category, so it was a real shame not to find either of them in the Hydroxycut Super Elite formula.
Glucomannan, meanwhile, is a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant. It was disappointing not to find this ingredient in the formula either.
You can see our updated guide to the leading five supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
As always, we do recommend that you take a close look through the ingredients label yourself before trying any new supplement for the first time, and the same goes for Hydroxycut Elite.
That way, you can be sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients in the formula.
The 200mg dose of Caffeine is a sensible one, and shouldn’t cause side effects for most people.
The use of Yohimbe is not ideal in our opinion because we’re not sure that it’s a totally safe ingredient.
As ever, we do recommend speaking to your doctor before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
Each bottle of Hydroxycut Super Elite contains 90 liquid capsules, which is only a 15-day supply if you stick to the maximum dose (six capsules per day).
The directions are a little bit complicated. Here is how they are explained on the label:
• Day 1 to Day 3: Take 1 capsule, 2x daily.
• Day 4 to Day 7: Take 2 capsules, 2x daily.
• Day 8 and Beyond: Take 3 capsules, 2x daily.
We really prefer supplements that have simple and straightforward instructions to follow, as it makes it easier to take them.
It’s also a little bit disappointing that one bottle (priced around $45) is only going to last 15 days if you stick to the maximum dose.
We did some digging around online to find some reviews.
One happy customer said on Amazon that they were very happy with Hydroxycut Super Elite because it gave them “good, clean energy”.
However, there were also some negative reviews, like one from someone else who claimed that this particular supplement “did nothing” for them as they rated it one star.
Not quite. We think that Hydroxycut Super Elite does not have a bad formula, but it’s let down by the fact that it’s missing things like Green Tea and Cayenne Pepper.
It’s also disappointing that one bottle is only going to last you for 15 days if you take the maximum daily dose.
Remember to check out our updated supplements guide via the link shown below.
Just don’t forget that any supplement is no substitute for hard work and dedication.
You should remember to make sure to get your diet and training regime on point before considering adding any kind of supplement to your regimen.
That said, a quality supplement can indeed help to support you on your journey as you look to take responsibility for your results.
So, that brings us to the end of our Hydroxycut Super Elite review.
Overall, this is an OK supplement that does have some good ingredients such as Caffeine and Green Coffee Bean Extract.
However, we don’t rate it as one of the very best products in this category right now because it’s missing some key ingredients and one bottle could only last for 15 days.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge