The Hydroxycut range is one of the most popular weight loss product lines around. They’re available all over the internet and in the shops as well.
MuscleTech describe their Hydroxycut SX-7 Revolution as the “ultimate thermogenic” which has been designed to help you burn more fat and get lean quicker.
Among other things, it’s said to boost energy levels to help keep you in top form even when dieting.
Our Hydroxycut SX-7 Revolution review is going to focus on all of the important information you need to know about this fat burner supplement.
We’re keen to find out if it lives up to the marketing hype or if your money is better spent elsewhere, so let’s kick off this review by looking at the basics behind this product.
Hydroxycut SX-7 Revolution is marketed as a fat burner supplement to help speed up fat loss.
According to the official website, this supplement will give you:
• ‘Explosive’ Energy
• Advanced Weight Loss
• Enhanced Focus
It’s described as the “ultimate thermogenic” and MuscleTech say that what sets it apart from the other similar products on the market as it uses two-in-one capsules which contain both liquids and powders.
This is certainly an interesting approach, but we’re not sure how necessary it really is.
So does this product really live up to all the hype or would you be wise to steer clear of it? Let’s take a look at the all important ingredients stack to find out.
Let’s start this section by taking a look at the actual ingredients label of Hydroxycut SX-7 Revolution.
The first important thing to note from this list is that SX-7 Revolution doesn’t use a proprietary blend. This is great news, as it means that we can see the exact doses of the individual ingredients.
We always recommend to avoid products which uses proprietary blends as they’re just a convenient way for the manufacturer not to disclose their full ingredients lists and doses.
As you can see for yourself Hydroxycut SX-7 Revolution uses eight different ingredients to delivers its fat burning effects. Let’s take a close look at the important ones now.
• Clarinol CLA – Conjugated Linoleic Acid or CLA is a natural fatty acid which has been linked to weight loss. It’s thought that it can help with energy metabolism to help you to burn more of the fat stored in your body an an energy source. We don’t currently rate CLA as a top fat burner ingredient simply because there are some much better options out there right now.
• Lion’s Mane – Before you ask, this ingredient has nothing to do with lions or their manes. It’s an edible and medicinal mushroom belonging to the tooth fungus group. We haven’t been able to find anything linking it to fat burning, and there’s no mention of why it’s been included on the official website, other than saying it has a “traditional” use in Asia. It’s actually also found in the popular Nootropic supplement Mind Lab Pro.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – A great fat burner ingredient. Caffeine has been shown to boost energy levels and at the same time have a positive impact on metabolism. Each serving of Hydroxycut SX-7 Revolution contains 200mg. Anhydrous is one of the purest forms of Caffeine. This is a solid inclusion, even though there are also some good caffeine-free fat burners on sale these days.
• C. Canephora Robusta – This is essentially an extract from green, unroasted coffee beans. It’s a great fat burner ingredient because Green Coffee is rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid, which has been shown to help with fat burning.
• Yohimbe Bark Extract – On the official website, MuscleTech say that they’ve included this ingredient because it delivers both auwolscine and yohimbine. But that’s pretty vague to us. We’re not huge fans of this ingredient. Although it’s been linked with weight loss, there’s not too much evidence to support the claims and it’s been known to trigger some nasty side effects in some people.
• Choline Bitartrate – Choline is part of the B-Complex vitamin family and is an essential nutrient found in foods such as egg yolks and spinach. It’s a precursor of phospholipids that contributes to normal fat metabolism in the body. That being said, we don’t consider it as one of the best fat burning ingredients around right now. We’d have preferred to see Hydroxycut SX-7 Revolution a proven natural fat burner in its place.
There are quite a lot of our favorite fat burning ingredients missing from this product, which is disappointing.
Firstly, it was a shame not to find any Cayenne Pepper or similar ingredient in SX-7 Revolution. Cayenne is one of the best natural fat burner ingredients on the planet right now because of its ability to both suppress appetite and stimulate fat loss through thermogenesis.
It was also disappointing that SX-7 Revolution doesn’t appear to use any ingredients designed specifically for suppressing appetite. Burning fat is not an easy task and you’ll want to choose a product which helps you attack the fat in multiple ways.
Glucomannan is one of the top appetite suppressing ingredients because it can help keep you feeling fuller for longer, making sticking to your diet much easier.
We also were very surprised that SX-7 Revolution didn’t use any Green Tea Extract. We’d have swapped the CLA for some form of Green Tea, because it’s one of the most potent thermogenic ingredients out there right now.
It’s always important to look at the stimulant content of any fat burner you’re considering trying.
We found that many products on the market tend to overdo it with things like Caffeine, and that can bring about some very undesirable side effects such as the jitters or energy crashes.
Each daily dose of SX-7 Revolution contains 400mg of Caffeine. This is quite a lot and may cause problems for some people – and we certainly wouldn’t recommend taking this product too close to bedtime as it’s likely to affect your sleep.
We’re also not too sure about Yohimbe Bark Extract as an ingredient. It’s been shown to cause side effects such as a racing heartbeat, dizziness and stomach problems in some people.
Each bottle of SX-7 Revolution contains 60 capsules.
However, that means that if you take the maximum recommended dose of four capsules per day, one bottle is only going to last you for 15 days.
This is not cool in our opinion. We wish all supplements would stick to the same rules of being a one-month supply per bottle.
The directions say that you should start off by taking one capsule two times daily.
Once you’ve assessed your tolerance they say that you should take two capsules, twice daily, 30 to 60 minutes before your two largest meals (probably breakfast and lunch).
There’s a warning saying not to exceed four capsules in a 24-hour period.
We took a look on Amazon to see what real customers are having to say about this product.
It’s not the best received supplement around. At the time of writing, it had an average rating of 2.5 out of 5 stars.
Someone rated it one star and said that some of the capsules were “brown” when they opened the bottle.
Another customer called the supplement a waste of money and said that it didn’t really work for them.
However, there was a positive review from someone who said that it helped them to lose a lot of fat.
No. This product does contain a few good things, but there are some far better options on the market right now in our opinion.
You can see our guide to the best fat burners on the market right now by visiting the page below.
You should never expect to see miracle results from taking any kind of supplement. The truth is that you should always get your diet and training regime on point before trying any new product.
That said, if you’re already training hard and eating right, then a quality fat burner can genuinely have dramatic results.
So that wraps up our Hydroxycut SX-7 Revolution review.
Overall, we think that this product comes up short in a few areas despite ticking a few boxes. We don’t rate it as one of the best fat burners on the market right now, and your money would be better spent elsewhere in our opinion.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga