• First published on March 19, 2018
The Hydroxycut range is one of the most popular supplement product lines around. They’re available all over the internet and in the shops as well.
MuscleTech describe their Hydroxycut SX-7 Revolution as the “ultimate thermogenic” which has been designed to help support you on your journey.
Our Hydroxycut SX-7 Revolution review is going to focus on all of the important information you need to know about this particular supplement.
We’re keen to find out if it lives up to the marketing hype or if your money is better spent elsewhere, so let’s kick off this review by looking at the basics behind this product.
Hydroxycut SX-7 Revolution is marketed as a supplement to help you achieve your goals.
According to the official website, this supplement will work in multiple ways to support you on your journey.
It’s described as the “ultimate thermogenic” and MuscleTech say that what sets it apart from the other similar products on the market as it uses two-in-one capsules which contain both liquids and powders.
This is certainly an interesting approach, but we’re not sure how necessary it really is.
So does this product really live up to all the hype or would you be wise to steer clear of it? Let’s take a look at the all important ingredients stack to find out.
Let’s start this section by taking a look at the actual ingredients label of Hydroxycut SX-7 Revolution.
The first important thing to note from this list is that SX-7 Revolution doesn’t use a proprietary blend. This is great news, as it means that we can see the exact doses of the individual ingredients.
We always recommend to avoid products which uses proprietary blends as they’re just a convenient way for the manufacturer not to disclose their full ingredients lists and doses.
As you can see for yourself Hydroxycut SX-7 Revolution uses eight different ingredients to delivers its fat burning effects. Let’s take a close look at the important ones now.
• Clarinol CLA – Conjugated Linoleic Acid or CLA is a natural fatty acid which has been linked to certain benefits. However, we don’t currently rate CLA as a top ingredient simply because there are some much better options out there right now.
• Lion’s Mane – Before you ask, this ingredient has nothing to do with lions or their manes. It’s an edible and medicinal mushroom belonging to the tooth fungus group. We haven’t been able to find anything linking it to any proven benefits, and there’s no mention of why it’s been included on the official website, other than saying it has a “traditional” use in Asia.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – A great ingredient for a supplement like this. Caffeine is an incredibly popular ingredient and each serving of Hydroxycut SX-7 Revolution contains 200mg. This is a solid inclusion, even though there are also some good caffeine and stimulant free supplements on sale these days.
• C. Canephora Robusta – This is essentially an extract from green, unroasted coffee beans. It’s a great ingredient because Green Coffee is rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid. We were pleased to find this ingredient on the label.
• Yohimbe Bark Extract – On the official website, MuscleTech say that they’ve included this ingredient because it delivers both rauwolscine and yohimbine. But that’s pretty vague to us. We’re not huge fans of this ingredient. Although it’s been linked with some benefits, there’s not too much evidence to support the claims. We would have preferred to have seen something better used in its place.
• Choline Bitartrate – Choline is part of the B-Complex vitamin family and is an essential nutrient found in foods such as egg yolks and spinach. It’s not a bad inclusion for a supplement of this type. Why? In case you didn’t know, Choline contributes to normal lipid (fat) metabolism, amongst other things.
There are quite a lot of our favorite ingredients missing from this product, which is disappointing.
Firstly, it was a shame not to find any Cayenne Pepper or similar ingredient in SX-7 Revolution. Cayenne is one of the best ingredients for a supplement of this type and we were disappointed not to find any on the lable.
It was also disappointing that SX-7 Revolution doesn’t appear to use any ingredients designed specifically to work in other ways too.
Glucomannan is one of the top ingredients for a product like this. In case you didn’t know Glucomannan is a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant and can help to support you on your journey.
We also were very surprised that SX-7 Revolution didn’t use any Green Tea Extract. We’d have swapped the CLA for some form of Green Tea, because it’s one of the most popular ingredients out there right now.
It’s always important to look at the stimulant content of any fat burner you’re considering trying.
We found that many products on the market tend to overdo it with things like Caffeine, and that can bring about some very undesirable side effects.
Each daily dose of SX-7 Revolution contains 400mg of Caffeine. This is quite a lot and may cause problems for some people – and we certainly wouldn’t recommend taking this product too close to bedtime as it could well affect your sleep.
We’re also not too sure about Yohimbe Bark Extract as an ingredient. It’s been shown to cause side effects and it’s not one of our top-rated substances.
Each bottle of SX-7 Revolution contains 60 capsules.
However, that means that if you take the maximum recommended dose of four capsules per day, one bottle is only going to last you for 15 days.
This is not cool in our opinion. We wish all supplements would stick to the same rules of being a one-month supply per bottle.
The directions say that you should start off by taking one capsule two times daily.
Once you’ve assessed your tolerance they say that you should take two capsules, twice daily, 30 to 60 minutes before your two largest meals (probably breakfast and lunch).
There’s a warning saying not to exceed four capsules in a 24-hour period.
We took a look on Amazon to see what real customers are having to say about this product.
It’s not the best received supplement around. At the time of writing, it had an average rating of 2.5 out of 5 stars.
Someone rated it one star and said that some of the capsules were “brown” when they opened the bottle.
Another customer called the supplement a waste of money and said that it didn’t really work for them.
However, there was a positive review from someone who said that it helped them a lot.
No. This product does contain a few good things, but there are some far better options on the market right now in our opinion.
You can see our guide to the best five supplements on the market right now in this category by visiting the page below.
You should never expect to see miracle results from taking any kind of supplement. The truth is that you should always get your diet and training regime on point before trying any new product.
That said, if you’re already training hard and eating right, then a quality fat supplement can help to support you on your journey.
But you should always make sure that you’re making the right lifestyle choices first.
So that wraps up our Hydroxycut SX-7 Revolution review.
Overall, we think that this product comes up short in a few areas despite ticking a few boxes. We don’t rate it as one of the best five supplements on the market right now, and your money would be better spent elsewhere in our opinion.
The information on this website is intended for entertainment purposes only and does not constitute professional, medical or healthcare advice or diagnosis, and may not be used as such.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge