Leanbean – Review, Ingredients and Price
Leanbean is a vegan-friendly 'fat burner' supplement which contains ingredients such as vitamins, minerals and plant extracts
Leanbean is a vegan-friendly, low stimulant and female-focused ‘fat burner’ supplement.
Product website: www.leanbeanofficial.com
Supplements in this category have become popular in recent years as more and more people look for a helping hand when it comes to their health and fitness.
Before we take a close look at Leanbean and its ingredients, we want to cover a few important general points about supplements in this category.
Editor's note: The content on this website is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. Our articles and the products featured in them are not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. Always speak with a certified medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle, diet, exercise routine, and/or taking any supplements.
It’s widely accepted that the main proven way to lose fat is to stick to a (sensible and well-managed) diet and exercise regimen in which you’re burning slightly more calories than you’re consuming. In other words, it’s about keeping in a slight calorie deficit over time.
So-called ‘fat burner’ supplements are generally not proven to ‘burn’ fat on their own. What they can do, though, is provide a range of important ingredients such as vitamins, minerals and plant extracts, each of which can bring some benefits and support on your health and fitness journey.
Making sure that you’re training hard and sticking to a good diet should really always be your first actions before thinking about trying any new supplement – and Leanbean is, of course, no exception.
Generally speaking, supplements in this category have a bit of a bad reputation – and many of them end up not living up to customers’ expectations. We think it’s really important have realistic expectations and to do your research into any supplement you’re considering taking before committing to a product.
We wanted to take a closer look at Leanbean with its recently-edited formula, so we asked the manufacturers, Ultimate Life, to send us over a bottle so we could examine it for ourselves and consider whether it deserves a spot on our list of some of the best ‘fat burner’ supplements on the market at the moment.
Leanbean has recently undergone a formula change which features new ingredients and doses, and we’ve updated this review article with the latest information and data.
Editor's note: The writer of this article has not necessarily tried the products featured. All product information provided is purely research based.
So, with all of that out of the way, let’s now start taking a closer look at Leanbean from all angles.
Jump To Section
Leanbean – The Basics
Leanbean is made by a supplement company Ultimate Life. The vegan-friendly product has been around for a few years now, and it’s available to buy online from the official website.
Leanbean fits into a broader range of supplements called ‘fat burners’. Usually, these kinds of products contain a blend of vitamins, minerals and plant extracts.
Of course, ideally you’d be able to get all of the vitamins and minerals you need from a varied and balanced diet.
However, taking a supplement such as Leanbean containing ingredients such as vitamins and minerals, can help to prevent against shortfalls in some of the important nutrients we need to get from our diets. These shortfalls can often be bit more of an issue if we’re cutting back on the calories.
As you’ve probably already gathered, Leanbean is specifically designed for, and marketed at, women.
The official Leanbean website claims that it is a “powerful” supplement that uses “cutting edge” ingredients to support your fitness goals. One of the key ingredients in the Leanbean formula is called Glucomannan.
Glucomannan is a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant, and which is a research-backed ingredient commonly found in supplements of this type.
As mentioned above, as part of Leanbean’s recent formula change, it now contains 3g of Glucomannan per daily dose (split into three separate 1g servings of Glucomannan per day). This is good to see, and it sets it apart from many other similar supplements (more on this below).
Also, unlike many other supplements in this category, Leanbean does not use pure Caffeine as a standalone ingredient (it does contain a small amount of Caffeine from Green Coffee Bean Extract, however).
This may suit you if you’re looking for a low-stimulant option. For example, if you’re sensitive to stimulants or you already consume a fair amount of Caffeine from other dietary sources.
It’s common to find a form of Caffeine called ‘Caffeine Anhydrous’ as an ingredient in supplements of this type but that’s not the case here, and it certainly makes Leanbean stand out from the crowd a little bit.
The new Leanbean formula contains ingredients such as Choline, Turmeric, Zinc and Potassium. Leanbean also uses Vitamins B6 and B12 in its formula, as well as the essential trace element Chromium.
So, now that we’ve covered the basic things you need to know about Leanbean as a supplement, it’s time to start taking a closer look at the ingredients label.
The Ingredients (Updated)
As we mentioned above, the Leanbean ingredients formula has been recently updated and reworked by the manufacturers.
The daily serving is now six capsules, and the directions advise that you should take two capsules, three times a day (six capsules per day in total).
Each bottle of Leanbean contains 180 capsules, which is the equivalent of a month’s supply if you stick to the recommended dose.
Editor's note: Any health claims about the ingredients mentioned in this article are listed as authorised on the EU Register at the time of publishing. Additionally, you should carefully check the ingredients information shown on the official website of any product you're considering purchasing, as formulas may change from time to time and therefore may differ from what's shown on this page.
Leanbean uses 12 ingredients in total in its formula. Let’s now take a closer look at the ingredients formula following the recent update:
• Glucomannan – This is Leanbean’s ‘flagship’ ingredient. As we mentioned above, Glucomannan is a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant. What’s important about Leanbean’s use of Glucomannan is the dose. Each daily serving of Leanbean contains 3g of Glucomannan (split into three separate 1g servings per day), which contributes to weight loss when combined with an energy-restricted diet. Lots of supplements use Glucomannan as an ingredient, but we’ve not come across many that contain it at the effective dose found in Leanbean.
• Choline – This is one of the new ingredients in the Leanbean formula. In case you didn’t know, Choline is an essential nutrient which contributes to normal lipid (fat) metabolism. Leanbean contains 82.5mg of Choline per daily dose.
• Zinc – You’ve probably heard of Zinc before. It’s an important mineral that we need to get from our diet, and it plays a number of important roles in the body. In case you didn’t know, Zinc contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism and the normal metabolism of fatty acids, amongst other things.
• Potassium – Again, this is another mineral our bodies need to get from our diet. You’ve probably heard of Potassium before – and it contributes to normal muscle function, the maintenance of normal blood pressure, as well the normal functioning of the nervous system.
• Turmeric – Turmeric is commonly used in cooking but is perhaps less known for its role as supplement ingredient. You’ll find it in plenty of products on sale at some of your favorite health stores.
• Vitamin B6 and B12 – B Vitamins are important to your overall health, and again, they are nutrients we need to get from our nutrition. In case you didn’t know, both B6 and B12 contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Chromium Picolinate – Chromium is an essential trace element that our body needs to get from our diet in small amounts. Chromium contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism, as well as the maintenance of normal blood glucose (sugar) levels – and it’s another popular ingredient in supplements of this type.
• Green Coffee Bean Extract – The new Leanbean formula contains a small dose of Green Coffee Bean Extract, which is rich in Chlorogenic Acid. It’s worth noting that Green Coffee Bean Extract can be a source of Caffeine. However, with the total daily dose of Green Coffee Bean Extract being just 50mg (around 9mg per capsule), it means the Caffeine from Green Coffee Bean Extract is likely to be fairly low.
• Garcinia Cambogia – Garcinia Cambogia is a pretty common ingredient for supplements in this category. Each serving contains 100mg.
• Acai Berry Extract – Acai Berries seem to be all the rage in the wellness space these days. Leanbean uses a 20mg dose per daily serving.
• BioPerine – This is essentially a branded form of Black Pepper Extract, which is claimed to help boost the absorption of the other ingredients, and (in theory at least) make for a more effective supplement overall.
Here’s the updated Leanbean active ingredients formula as shown on the official website at the time of writing:
You can learn more about the ingredients on the official Leanbean website.
How To Take Leanbean
As mentioned above, each bottle of Leanbean contains a total of 180 capsules (this is up from 120 capsules in the old formula). One bottle is the equivalent of a 30-day supply, if you’re sticking to the recommended dose of six capsules per day.
The directions suggest that you should take two capsules, three times per day, each time with a big glass of water to help wash the capsules down. It’s important not to exceed the recommended dose on the label.
As formulas and directions can change from time to time, make sure that you carefully read the instructions and warnings on the label of any product you decide to purchase.
Price and Where To Buy
Each bottle of Leanbean contains 180 capsules, which is a 30-day supply.
Leanbean has a premium price tag and so it may not fit into everyone’s budget. It’s likely that one of the main reasons for the higher price tag is likely because of the number of capsules (180) in each bottle, which is higher than a lot of other similar supplements.
One bottle of Leanbean currently costs around $59 / £39 from the official website.
It’s certainly one of the pricier supplements out there, but you can save yourself some money on the price per bottle if you’re willing to commit to buying more than one at a time from the official Leanbean site.
You can currently only buy Leanbean from the official site, directly from the manufacturer.
Pros and Cons
Let’s now weigh up some of the positives and negatives when it comes to Leanbean.
• Ingredients – A daily dose of 3g of Glucomannan (split into three separate 1g doses per day) contributes to weight loss when combined with an energy-restricted diet.
• Contains Some Key Vitamins and Minerals – Leanbean’s formula can help to make up for potential shortfalls in certain important nutrients that we need to get from our diets. Zinc is an important mineral that helps with the normal metabolism of fatty acids, while Chromium contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism
• Support Your Goals – Combine Leanbean with a healthy, varied diet and regular exercise.
• Female Focused – Designed specifically for women.
• Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly – No animal products and is fully vegan friendly.
• A few of the ingredients do not have very much evidence behind them.
• It’s only available to buy online at the official website right now
• Leanbean has a premium price tag. At the time of writing, one bottle costs $59 / £39. However, you can save money on the price per bottle if you’re willing to buy more than one at a time from the official website.
Before taking any supplement for the first time, it’s best to do your research and take a detailed look through the ingredients formula.
As always, we strongly recommend that you speak to your doctor or a certified medical professional before taking any supplement for the first time.
As Leanbean contains a range of different types of ingredients, it’s important to carefully check the label to make sure that you are not allergic to any of them.
It’s also important to carefully check the label of the product for any warnings and to ensure that you do not exceed the recommended dose.
Leanbean is intended for use by adults only, and it should not be used if you’re pregnant, breastfeeding or have an underlying medical condition.
You should speak to your doctor before taking Leanbean if you’re taking any medications.
• Is Leanbean vegan friendly?
Yes. According to the official website, Leanbean is both vegan and vegetarian friendly. It is also Gluten and Soy Free, as well as being Non-GMO.
• Does Leanbean contain any Caffeine?
Yes. Although Leanbean doesn’t use pure Caffeine as a standalone ingredient, it does contain a small amount of Caffeine.
The small amount of Caffeine in Leanbean comes from the Green Coffee Bean Extract. The FAQs page on official Leanbean website says that the total Caffeine content is less than 10mg per daily dose. To put that amount into context, you’d expect to find around 100mg of Caffeine in a regular cup of coffee.
That being said, if you’re very sensitive to Caffeine or have been told you shouldn’t consume it, you should not use Leanbean.
• Does Leanbean come with a guarantee?
Leanbean offer a 90-day money-back guarantee with their four-bottle bundle, but there are some conditions you need to meet in order to qualify.
It’s best to check the official Leanbean website for the details regarding their guarantee.
• Can I buy Leanbean on Amazon or at GNC?
At the moment, Leanbean is only available to buy directly from the manufacturer on the official website.
This means that you won’t find Leanbean for sale via other retailers such as Amazon or GNC, or in the shops.
The Leanbean supplement is made in both the UK and the USA and is shipped worldwide.
• Is there a coupon code for Leanbean?
At the time of writing, there is no Leanbean discount code or coupon code available for general use.
However, you can save some money on the price per bottle if you’re willing to commit to buying more than one at a time from the official website.
If you go for the four-bottle bundle on the Leanbean website, that option also comes with free worldwide shipping.
Anything Else To Consider?
As we always mention when talking about supplements in the so-called ‘weight loss’ / ‘fat burner’ category, these products shouldn’t be regarded as ‘magic pills’.
It’s widely accepted that a regime in which you burn more calories than you’re consuming is the main method for achieving fat loss – and this approach should come first before thinking about buying a supplement.
Ensuring that your diet and training regime are both on point is more important than any supplements you may take. Getting these things right before supplementation is very important.
It’s best to view a supplement like Leanbean as a ‘companion’ to be combined with your healthy diet and sensible exercise plan which can help to support you on your health and fitness journey.
As mentioned above, we think it’s always best to speak to a certified medical professional about your situation before taking any new supplements for the first time, so you can get some tailored advice to fit your needs.
Leanbean Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Leanbean review.
As always, the emphasis should always be on a healthy diet and a sensible workout plan before supplementation. Leanbean could be a good companion for you if you’re already doing those things.
We like the fact that the formula has been specifically formulated as a ‘fat burner’ for women, which makes a change, as most of the supplements on the market these days are aimed at men.
It’s also really great to see that the manufacturer have chosen to alter the formula, upping the doses of certain ingredients and including some new ones such as the essential nutrient Choline.
Overall, we’re impressed by the Leanbean ‘fat burner’ supplement, and even more so since the manufacturer altered the ingredients formula in a bid to improve it.