Mind Lab Pro – Review, Ingredients, Price
Mind Lab Pro is a 'nootropic' supplement marketed and sold online by a company called Opti-Nutra
Mind Lab Pro is a ‘nootropic’ supplement made by the UK-based company Opti-Nutra and sold online.
Product website: www.mindlabpro.com
We’ve tried out and reviewed a number of Opti-Nutra’s products in the past, including the new Performance Lab range. Opti-Nutra were kind enough to gift us a bottle of Mind Lab Pro to test out for ourselves.
Mind Lab Pro is the company’s longest-selling supplement, and it has been around for quite a few years now.
In case you didn’t know, a so-called ‘nootropic’ is the term generally given to food supplements which combine a range ingredients, including vitamins, minerals and plant extracts.
The simple aim of ‘nootropic’ or ‘brain’ supplements is to give you a boost and provide some ingredients that can support a range of normal bodily processes, including things like mental performance.
Of course, we like to remind our readers that eating a healthy diet and sticking to a good exercise regimen should be your first port of call before any supplements.
Food supplements are often marketed as ‘magic pills’ but the truth is that getting the basics right with your diet and exercise is one of the most important things you can do for your overall health.
Editor's note: The content on this website is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. Our articles and the products featured in them are not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. Always speak with a certified medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle, diet, exercise routine, and/or taking any supplements.
The purpose of this article is for us to take a detailed look at Mind Lab Pro, focusing on the facts such as the ingredients formula, the price and the directions.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s start taking a closer look at Mind Lab Pro and its formula.
Jump To Section
Mind Lab Pro – The Basics
As mentioned above, Mind Lab Pro is a food supplement which is sold and marketed by the UK-based supplements company Opti-Nutra.
The bottle describes it as a “universal nootropic” and the cleanly-branded website contains information about how its ingredients can help to support “whole-life mental performance”.
Mind Lab Pro contains a total of 11 different ingredients including some vitamins and some amino acids, each of which may bring about an individual specific benefit.
It’s important to note that this supplement does not contain the stimulant Caffeine in any form, which may be a plus-point for some people.
Like the rest of Opti-Nutra’s range of supplements, Mind Lab Pro is only available to buy from the official website online. This means that you won’t find it on Amazon or in the shops.
The official website makes some pretty bold claims about how the ingredients in this supplement can bring about some benefits, but they seem to be largely backed up by links to studies.
Of course, it’s generally better to ignore the marketing hype when it comes to supplements. We prefer to focus on the facts, and the main one is always the ingredients included in each label.
Let’s now focus on the actual ingredients included in the Mind Lab Pro formula. As mentioned above, this supplement contains 11 different substances, including vitamins, amino acids, and plant extracts.
Editor's note: The health claims about the ingredients mentioned in this article are listed as authorised on the EU Register at the time of publishing.
Here’s the full ingredients list as printed on the bottle, taken from the official website at the time of writing:
• Vitamin B6 – An essential vitamin that your body needs in small amounts. In case you didn’t know B6 is an essential vitamin which can help with the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Vitamin B12 – You probably already know that B12 is a key nutrient in the body. Like B6, Vitamin B12 can help with the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. It also contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism, as well as to normal neurological and psychological function.
• Vitamin B9 – Also known as Folate, this important vitamin contributes to normal psychological function, the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, and the normal function of the immune system, amongst other important things.
• Citicoline – Citicoline is a naturally occurring compound in the body, and it is celebrated as one of Mind Lab Pro’s key ingredients. Each serving of Mind Lab Pro contains 250mg per serving.
• Maritime Pine Bark Extract – This is one of the newer additions to the Mind Lab Pro formula after its recent alteration. Each serving of Mind Lab Pro contains 75mg of Maritime Pine Bark Extract.
• Bacopa Monnieri – – This is an extract which comes from a herb native to the wetlands of world. Bacopa has been used in traditional medicine for many years and it’s now also pretty popular as a ‘nootropic’ supplement ingredient. Each serving of Mind Lab Pro contains 150mg of Bacopa Monnieri.
• Lion’s Mane mushroom – Another common ingredient in ‘nootropic’ supplements. Each serving of Mind Lab Pro uses 500mg. The Mind Lab Pro website says that it’s a full-spectrum extract with active hericenones and erinacines.
• Phosphatidylserine – Phosphatidylserine (PS) is included in the Mind Lab Pro formula as Sharp PS® Green from Sunflower Lecithin. The version of this ingredient is a soy-free, non-GMO, eco-friendly phosphatidylserine derived from sunflower lecithin.
• L-Theanine – L-Theanine is an amino acid which is found in tea leaves. It’s often paired with Caffeine in the same supplement but that’s not the case here (Mind Lab Pro is Caffeine free). Mind Lab Pro includes L-Theanine as Suntheanine®, supplying 100 per cent pure L-isomer-Theanine.
• N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine – Tyrosine is an amino acid compound. Mind Lab Pro uses N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine because it’s claimed to be more easily-absorbed than normal Tyrosine.
• Rhodiola Rosea – This is an extract from a flowering plant which grows in wild Arctic regions of Europe. It’s actually also a common ingredient in some pre workout supplements on sale these days.
Mind Lab Pro Reviews
The problem when it comes to finding customer reviews of Mind Lab Pro is that because it’s only for sale on the official website, we can’t check other retailers such as Amazon.
This means that we have to rely on what’s shown on the official website, and because they are likely vetted by the manufacturer, it’s probably best to take these with a pinch of salt.
At the time of writing, there were 515 reviews shown on the Mind Lab Pro website, and the supplement had an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
There are also a number of endorsement videos available on the reviews section of Mind Lab Pro. However, these are more like out-and-out endorsements than customer reviews.
One bottle of Mind Lab Pro currently costs £40 / $65 / €55. This makes it one of the more expensive ‘nootropic’ supplements out there.
Opti-Nutra do offer some discounts on the price per bottle if you’re willing to buy more than one at a time from the official website.
How To Take It
The directions on the official website recommends that you take two capsules in the morning or early afternoon, preferably with a meal.
They do say that you could up the dose to four capsules a day if you really need to, but there is a warning saying not to take more than four capsules in any 24-hour period.
In in terms of potentially building a tolerance to Mind Lab Pro, you can ‘cycle’ it, taking it four weeks ‘on’ and one week ‘off’, or five days ‘on’ and two days ‘off’, as stated on the website.
Each bottle of Mind Lab Pro contains 60 capsules. That means that one bottle should last you for around a month if you stick to the recommended daily dose of two capsules per day.
Here, we answer some of the frequently-asked questions about Mind Lab Pro.
• Does Mind Lab Pro contain Caffeine?
No. Mind Lab Pro is a stimulant-free ‘nootropic’ supplement and does not use Caffeine as one of its ingredients.
• Is Mind Lab Pro vegan friendly?
Yes. Mind Lab Pro is made using vegan-friendly only ingredients. The capsules are plant-based NutriCaps®.
• Is there a Mind Lab Pro discount or coupon code?
Currently, there is no Mind Lab Pro coupon code or discount code available to the public. You can save a bit of money on the price per bottle if you’re willing to commit to buying more than one at a time from the official website.
• Does Mind Lab Pro come with a guarantee?
Yes. Mind Lab Pro comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee. There are some terms and conditions to be aware of, and these are explained in full on the Shipping and Returns page of the Mind Lab Pro website.
Anything Else To Consider?
It’s important to remember that making sure that you’re sticking to a good diet and exercising regularly should always be your first ports of call before thinking about any kind of supplementation.
We also always think that it’s best to speak to your doctor or a certified medical professional before thinking about trying any new supplement for the first time.
Food supplements are not intended to replace a varied diet and a healthy overall lifestyle.
However, they can help to protect against shortfalls in certain nutrients when combined with sensible lifestyle choices.
Conclusion – Our Final Thoughts
Mind Lab Pro contains a range of different ingredients including some essential vitamins, each of which may bring about its own specific benefit.
The formula uses some B Vitamins such as B12 and B9, both of which contribute to normal psychological function.
Each bottle of Mind Lab Pro contains 60 capsules to give you a month’s supply of two capsules per day. At the time of writing, the best deal in terms of price per bottle is the three-month supply, which is $195 / £120 and includes a free box.