Optimum Nutrition are one of the biggest players in the health and fitness supplement industry, and so it’s hard to ignore their products when they hit the market.
Daily Fit is a basic stimulant free fat burner designed to help you shed some of that excess fat without impacting your energy levels directly via Caffeine.
We recently updated our guide to the best fat burners without caffeine, so be sure to check that out in our separate post.
But our Optimum Nutrition Daily Fit review is going to focus on this particular supplement and bring you everything that you need to know about this product so you can decide if it’s the best supplement for you or if your money would be better spent elsewhere.
So, let’s get down to business and start breaking down this fat burner to see where it stands in comparison to the competition.
As we’ve already touched up above, Daily Fit is a stimulant free fat burner supplement offered by Optimum Nutrition.
In case you’re not already familiar with this product category, most fat burner supplements tend to use at least one stimulant such as Caffeine, to help keep your energy levels up.
Caffeine is also a solid fat burner ingredient because not only will it help to keep you feeling energized even when dieting, but it can also help to boost metabolism and suppress appetite.
However, some people are sensitive to Caffeine and prefer supplements which don’t contain any.
In fact, our top rated fat burner for women Leanbean does not use any Caffeine as an ingredient.
Also, it may be that you’re already getting plenty of Caffeine from other sources, so taking more in a supplement may not be a good idea.
According to the official website, Daily Fit has been specifically formulated to help stimulate your metabolism and keep fat burning even when you’re outside of the gym.
• Stimulant free
• Thermogenic fat burning
• Popular brand
So, does Daily Fit live up to the marketing hype or are there other better fat burners on the market? Let’s take a close look at the ingredients to find out.
Let’s begin this section by looking at the actual full ingredients list in Daily Fit.
As you can see, there’s no Caffeine in this supplement, and it makes uses of a few ingredients to help achieve its fat burning effects.
It’s also worth noting that Optimum Nutrition do not use a proprietary blend, which is good news because it means that we know the doses of all of the individual ingredients.
Let’s take a look at the main ingredients and how they work:
• Acetyl L-Carnitine – This is an amino acid which is actually a popular ingredient in pre workout supplements. It’s good in a pre workout because it’s been shown to be able to help reduce fatigue, meaning that you could get more out of your workout. At 500mg, it’s the main ingredient in Daily Fit.
• Green Tea Extract – One of the best fat burner ingredients around. Green Tea, as well as being loaded with anti-oxidants, is a powerful thermogenic which helps to stimulate fat burning by boosting your metabolism. The thing to note here is that Green Tea is usually a natural source of Caffeine, so unless Optimum Nutrition have chosen to use a caffeine-free version, there will be a small amount of Caffeine in the supplement.
• Red Pepper Extract – Another solid ingredient. Red Pepper Extracts such as Cayenne Pepper can help to boost metabolism and stimulate thermogenic fat burning, much in the same way as Green Tea. It can also help to suppress appetite, making it easer to stick to your diet.
• Black Pepper Extract – Although this ingredient will not help directly with fat burning, it does make for a more effective supplement. Black Pepper Extract has been shown to increase the absorption of the other ingredients, which should make the product more effective.
• Vitamin B6 – Can help to boost your metabolism and help your body to turn food into energy. It can also help your body to absorb amino acids and protein to aid in the recovery process.
• Vitamin B12 – A crucial vitamin for maintaining healthy energy levels. You have to get it from your diet as your body doesn’t produce it naturally, so any supplementation is always good.
So, Daily Fit definitely ticks some boxes when it comes to the best ingredients for a fat burner.
It’s great to see that it uses Green Tea Extract and Red Pepper Extract to boost metabolism. And given that it’s a stimulant free fat burner, there was obviously no Caffeine on the label.
One thing we were slightly disappointed about was the fact that this supplement doesn’t seem to use a specific ingredient to help suppress appetite.
Our preferred ingredient to do this is a powerful dietary fiber called Glucomannan, which is used in the leading fat burner supplements on the market. It will help keep you feeling fuller for longer, thus making sticking to your diet easier
It was also a shame not to find any Green Coffee Extract in Daily Fit. It’s another top fat burner ingredient which can stimulate thermogenic fat burning.
Remember that you can check out our guide the market leading fat burners on sale today via the link below.
The main problem with modern fat burners is the use of too many stimulants.
Clearly, this isn’t going to be a problem with Daily Fit as it doesn’t contain any Caffeine.
We always recommend that you do your own research into the ingredients to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of them before taking a supplement for the first time.
That being said, we place Daily Fit as one of the safer fat burners on the market at the moment because it doesn’t use any risky ingredients.
Each bottle of Daily Fit contains 120 capsules. That’s a 30-day supply if you stick to the recommended dose of four capsules per day.
The directions say that you should take two capsules, 30-60 minutes before your morning and afternoon meals.
Because it doesn’t use Caffeine as an ingredient, you can probably get away with taking this product later in the day, although because of the Green Tea, it’s still probably best to take it earlier in the day.
There were more than 2,000 reviews of Daily Fit on Amazon when we checked.
It has an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
It seems to be a well-received product amongst customers.
One person said that they liked it because it helped to give them a thermogenic boost between meals.
Someone else said that they always trust Optimum Nutrition as a brand and said that they would recommend the product.
There were also some more negative reviews of course, mostly from people who said that the product didn’t work for them.
It’s a decent stimulant free option, but the lack of some key ingredients mean that we don’t rate Daily Fit as one of the very best fat burner supplements on the market right now.
The best products use an appetite suppressing ingredient, and also some other thermogenic such as Green Coffee Extract.
You can see our pick of the best products via the link below.
We always like to remind our readers of the importance of balance.
It’s always important to make sure that your diet and training regime is on point before taking any supplement for the first time.
There’s no such thing as a magic fat burning pill – you’ll have to work hard in both the gym and the kitchen to achieve your goals.
But adding a quality fat burner to an already solid regimen can make a big difference indeed.
So, that wraps up our Optimum Nutrition Daily Fit review.
Overall, we think that this is an OK product when it comes to stimulant free fat burning. It uses some good doses of Green Tea Extract, Red Pepper and B Vitamins to help support thermogenic fat burning.
That being said, we do feel that there are some other better products on the market right now which provide a wider spectrum of ingredients to help with suppressing appetite as well as thermogenesis.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga