According to the official website, this product has been specifically formulated to help support your body in burning more fat whilst also maintaining energy levels.
Optimum Nutrition are one of the biggest names in the health and fitness industry and their products seem to be everywhere.
But where do Opti-Fit Capsules stand when compared to the leading fat burner supplements on the market right now? Our review is going to focus on all of the important information that you need to know about this product so you can decide if it’s right for you or not.
So, let’s kick off our Optimum Nutrition Opti-Fit Capsules review by starting off with the main points that you need to know.
You’ve definitely already figured out that Opti-Fit Capsules are marketed as a fat burner to help you lose weight – but what other claims are made about this product?
The official website says that this supplement has been designed to deliver the “true strength of fat burning”.
The product has been designed to:
• Stimulate metabolism
• Boost energy levels
This sounds good to us, the only slightly disappointing thing is that there is no mention of this product helping to suppress appetite.
The best fat burner supplements work in multiple ways to help you body burn more fat naturally. Suppressing appetite is a big one, because it can make sticking to your diet much easier, even when dieting.
So we were a bit surprised that Optimum Nutrition hadn’t tailored this product to use appetite suppressing ingredients as well.
That being said, we were pleased to see that Opti-Fit Capsules have been formulated to both stimulate metabolism and boost energy levels. That’s always a solid place to start for any fat burner supplement.
So, does this product live up to its billing? Let’s now take a look at the all important ingredients to find out.
Let’s begin this section by taking a look at the actual ingredients that this product uses.
The first positive thing we immediately noticed was the fact that Opti-Fit Capsules do not use a proprietary blend.
This is great news, because it means we’re shown the individual doses of the ingredients, making it much easier to judge the effectiveness of this particular supplement.
We always recommend staying clear of any products which uses proprietary blends. They’re one of the biggest scams in the health and fitness industry in our opinion.
So let’s now focus on the all important ingredients and how they work:
• Green Tea Extract – This is a quality fat burner ingredient. Green Tea is one of the best natural thermogenic ingredients out there, and it’s also packed full of anti-oxidants, which is never a bad thing. Our only complaint is that it’s a bit under-dosed – we’d have preferred to see at least 250mg per serving.
• Caffeine – Another quality ingredient. Caffeine is a powerful natural stimulant consumed by millions of people every day. It’s great at raising energy levels, even when you’re dieting, and it has been shown to boost metabolism too.
• Black Pepper Extract – Although this ingredient won’t help with fat burning directly, it’s still a great inclusion because it’s been shown to boost the absorption of the other ingredients. The result? A more effective supplement.
• Guarana Extract – This is another stimulant to add to the Caffeine in Opti-Fit Capsules. We’re not too sure why Optimum Nutrition have decided to include this alongside Caffeine. We think that one of the two would have been enough. Too many stimulants can unwanted side-effects.
• Acetyl L-Carnitine HCI – This is an interesting inclusion, because it’s an ingredient that we’re more used to seeing in pre workout supplements. That being said, it’s not a bad inclusion. It’s been shown to help fight fatigue and keep energy levels steady. It probably won’t help with fat burning though.
• Red Pepper Extract – Another solid pick for a fat burner. We rate Cayenne Pepper as one of the best fat burner ingredients around right now because of its potent thermogenic properties. It’s also been shown to help suppress appetite, although Optimum Nutrition make no mention of this in their marketing material.
Opti-Fit Capsules do contain some good ingredients but there are also some quality ingredients that have been omitting in our opinion.
For instance, it was disappointing not to find any ingredients included specifically to suppress appetite. Glucomannan is one of the best natural appetite suppressants around right now. It’s a powerful dietary fiber which can help keep you feeling fuller for longer.
We’d have liked to see Optimum Nutrition use Glucomannan instead of Guarana in this supplement, as we think another stimulant alongside Caffeine is unnecessary.
Other things missing were Green Coffee Bean Extract, Zinc and Chromium.
You can find our updated guide to the best fat burner supplements on the market right now via the link below.
Most modern fat burner supplements tend to be pretty safe because they use only natural ingredients.
That being said, one pitfall that we’ve found with a lot of supplements we’ve reviewed is that many of them tend to overdo it on the stimulants.
Caffeine is a great fat burning ingredient, but too much of it can cause problems such as the jitters or energy crashes.
We don’t see why Optimum Nutrition chose to stack Guarana with Caffeine rather than picking another natural fat burning ingredient instead.
There is 400mg of Caffeine and 60mg of Guarana in each daily serving of this supplement, which could well be too much for some people.
We’d also definitely not recommend taking this product too close to bedtime, as it’s likely to affect your sleep.
We always recommend that you carefully take a close look at the ingredients label before trying a new supplement for the first time to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
Each bottle of Opti-Fit Capsules contain 120 pills. That means that if you stick to the recommended dose of four per day, it will last you for 30 days.
The directions label says that you should take two capsules 30-60 minutes before morning and afternoon meals.
They also say that you should begin with one capsule two times per day for the first week to assess tolerance.
And there’s a warning saying that you shouldn’t take this product after 5pm, presumably because of the high caffeine content.
We found a few reviews of Opti-Fit Capsules on Amazon, although there weren’t that many reviews online in general.
At the time of writing this post, it had an average rating of 2.7 out of 5 stars, which isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement.
One happy customer said that they loved the product and that they were delighted with it and their results.
Someone else said that they take this product in the morning and stopped drinking coffee as a result. They seemed happy with the supplement.
However, there were also some negative reviews. One person said that it didn’t work and gave them stomach cramps, and someone else said that it honestly made no difference to them despite sticking to a strict diet.
Not in our opinion. Opti-Fit Capsules have some good ingredients and it’s great that Optimum Nutrition didn’t use a proprietary blend.
However, there are too many of the most important fat burner ingredients missing, and we feel that the stimulant content is likely to be too strong for some people.
Remember to check out our guide to the best fat burner supplements out there right now by visiting the page below.
As we always like to remind our readers, the real secret to getting lean and burning fat is hard work and dedication.
You should always make sure that you’re eating right and training hard before considering any kind of supplement.
But if you already have those two important things on point, then adding a quality fat burner supplement to your regimen can make a huge difference as long as you uses it properly.
So that brings us to the end of our Opti-Fit Capsules review.
Overall, this is a decent product which makes use of a good number of proven natural fat burner ingredients and doesn’t use a proprietary blend.
However, the fact that it doesn’t include some other key ingredients and is a bit stimulant heavy means that we don’t rate it as one of the very best fat burners around at the moment.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga