Optimum Nutrition are one of the biggest names in the industry and they have a track record for creating quality products.
But what about their latest fat burner offering – Opti-Lean Fat Metaboliser? The manufacturers say that they’ve designed it to help you burn more fat while also boosting your energy levels at the same time.
The Fat Metaboliser product is part of a broader range of supplements under the Opti-Lean name, which includes Whey Protein, Meal Replacement Shakes and more.
This Opti-Lean Fat Metaboliser review will focus purely on the fat burner product as we dissect it to see if it lives up to its billing or not.
So let’s get this review under way by taking a look at the important facts surrounding this supplement.
Like most of the top fat burners on the market right now, Opti-Lean Fat Metaboliser has been designed to make it easier for your body to burn more fat.
According to the official website, this product has been formulated to:
• Boost Energy
• Support Metabolism
It’s good that this product has been designed to work in more than one way. Burning more fat than normal is not an easy process for your body, so the best supplements use natural ingredients which work in multiple ways to help you achieve your goals.
It seemed a bit strange to us that Optimum Nutrition made no mention of suppressing appetite as part of the marketing material of this product. A good fat burner will use natural ingredients to help control appetite and make sticking to your diet easier.
So now, let’s take a look at the ingredients to gain a picture of how good this product it.
Let’s begin this section by taking a close look at the actual ingredients label of this product.
As you can see for yourself, this product contains a handful ingredients at various doses to help achieve its fat burning effects. Here are the most important ones:
• Green Tea Extract – This is one of the best natural fat burning ingredients out there. Green Tea is packed full of antioxidants, but it also has powerful thermogenic properties, which can get your body burning more calories. It’s also a natural source of caffeine to help with energy levels.
• Caffeine – This is another good inclusion. Caffeine is, of course, a great energy booster but it’s also been shown to stimulate metabolism to help encourage your body to burn more fat.
• Cayenne Pepper – Another of our top rated fat burner ingredients. Cayenne Pepper is a potent thermogenic which forces your body to burn more calories as it cools itself down. It’s also an appetite suppressant, which is why we were surprised there was no mention of this in the marketing material.
• Black Pepper Extract – This ingredient has been shown to boost the absorption of other ingredients in supplements. So, any product which uses it is more likely to be effective.
• Guarana Extract – This is another natural stimulant. We’re not sure that it’s needed alongside Caffeine in the same supplement as the two of them together could be too much for some people.
• N-Acetyl L-Carnitine HCI – L-Carnitine is a widely researched amino acid that can help to fight fatigue. It’s a good ingredient for supporting energy – and can be found in the leading pre workout supplements – but it’s not going to help you burn more fat.
• Zinc – This is another good ingredient. It helps to maintain healthy levels of testosterone in men and also keep energy levels normal.
Opti-Lean Fat Metaboliser does tick quite a few of the boxes of what we’re looking for in the best fat burner supplements. But there are still a few of the top-rated natural fat burner ingredients missing from this product.
Firstly, there was no Green Coffee Bean extract, which is a key fat burner ingredient because it’s rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid, which has been shown to reduce body fat.
As we mentioned above, we feel that Optimum Nutrition have missed a trick with this product in failing to include a specific ingredient to help control appetite.
Glucomannan is one of the best natural ways to control hunger. It is a powerful dietary fiber which can help keep you feeling fuller for longer, making sticking to your diet much easier.
Be sure to check out our guide to the best fat burners on the market right now. We also have a separate page for the top fat burner supplements for women on sale at the moment.
The main thing to be wary of when it comes to fat burners is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
We have to saw, we don’t see why Optimum Nutrition have chosen to stack Caffeine with Guarana – they are both potent stimulants and in our opinion are not needed in the same supplement.
Every two capsules of Opti-Lean Fat Metaboliser contains 300mg of Caffeine + 100mg of Guarana. This could be too much for some people. Side effects from too many stimulants include the jitters and energy crashes.
You should also be careful not to take this product too close to bedtime, as the high stimulant content is likely to affect your sleep.
Each bottle of Opti-Lean Fat Metaboliser contains 60 capsules, which is the equivalent to a month-long supply.
The directions are pretty straightforward with this one. You take one capsule twice a day with meals.
As we mentioned above, because of the stimulants, we wouldn’t recommend taking this product too close to bedtime.
Generally the best fat burners require you to take them at least three times a day, because that way your body is constantly being supplied with the fuel it needs to burn more fat.
We can’t help but feel that two capsules a day at these doses are a bit weak.
Strangely, there were not too many reviews of this product online when we checked.
The one piece of feedback we found was from a verified buyer on Amazon.
They rated it two out of five stars and said that it gave them a “burning sensation” inside. They also said that it made them feel tired.
Not in our opinion. Although Opti-Lean Fat Metaboliser contains some good ingredients, we can’t help but feel that there are better products out there right now that are more likely to get you the results you want.
Our guide to the leading supplements on the market right now can be found below.
As we always tell our readers, remember that there’s no magic supplement to get you the dream body you’ve always wanted.
The simple fact is that you’ll first have to make sure that your diet and training regime is on point before considering any new supplements.
That being said, if you’re already training hard and eating right, then choosing a quality fat burner can indeed make a massive difference to your results.
So that concludes our Optimum Nutrition Opti-Lean Fat Metaboliser review.
Overall, we think that this is an OK product. It contains some good natural ingredients which have been proven to boost fat loss.
However, it’s missing some of the top ingredients around to help suppress appetite. We also feel that Optimum Nutrition have gone a bit heavy on the stimulants on this one, and that could cause problems for some people.
Simply put, this is a decent product, but there are better options available to help you fight fat right now.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga