The first things you should always do is make sure that your diet and training regime are both on point before trying any new supplement.
But sometimes we all need that extra push to help us achieve our goals.
The best supplements work to help support you on your journey when combined with the right lifestyle choices.
OxyShred is a popular supplement sold online on sites such as Amazon, but how does this product compare to the competition out there right now?
We’re going to take a close look at all of the important things you need to know about this supplement so you can decide whether it’s the right product for you or not.
As you’ve already gathered no doubt, Oxy Shred is a supplement designed to help support you on your journey as you look to hit your goals.
The label describes it as a “thermogenic” supplement promising to help you on your journey.
According to the website, it works in a number of different ways to support you.
This is good news, as the best supplements in this category on the market right now have usually been formulated to have a multi-action approach.
Simply put, a supplement which works in multiple ways is going to greatly increase your chances of success.
Whether Oxy Shred lives up to its billing depends on the ingredients and the doses, so let’s take look at the important formula to see if it lives up to the marketing hype or not.
Let’s start this section by looking at the full ingredients list of Oxy Shred.
Disappointingly, HighMark Nutrition have chosen to use a proprietary blend in this supplement.
Generally speaking, we don’t recommend products which use proprietary blends because it means that we don’t know the individual doses of the ingredients and instead only know the overall blend amount. This makes it tricky to judge effectiveness.
Our top recommended so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements on the market all transparently reveal their entire ingredients lists.
Let’s now take a look through the individual ingredients used in OxyShred.
• Caffeine – A solid ingredient for any supplement like this. Caffeine is a popular stimulant and we always like to see it used in supplements of this type. We don’t know the dose because of the proprietary blend though.
• Phenethylamine – This is a trace amine and an ingredient sometimes found in these kinds of supplements. We’re not totally convinced though, and would have preferred to see something more commonly used here instead.
• Glucomannan – A great addition to any supplement of this type. Glucomannan is a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant and is commonly found in the leading products in this category.
• L-Tyrosine – This is an amino acid which can be found in dairy products, meats, fish, eggs, nuts, beans, oats, and wheat. It’s sometimes found in pre workout supplements.
• Green Tea Extract – A great ingredient and always one of the first things we look for on the label of a product of this category.
• Raspberry Ketones – Raspberry Ketones make it into some of the other similar products in this category. It’s one of the main ingredients in our top rated female supplement Leanbean.
• Yohimbe – This is one of those ingredients that makes it into a lot of supplements, although we don’t like it that much. It’s derived from the bark of the Pausinystalia yohimbe tree in Central Africa. We don’t recommend it as one of the top ingredients because it’s been known to cause side effects in some people.
• Kola Nut – This ingredient is said to help with various things, but we’re not totally convinced by it. We’ve not found it in too many similar supplements before.
• L-Carnitine – This is a good ingredient that’s often used in the leading pre workout supplements on the market. It’s not a bad inclusion in the formula.
Although Oxy Shred does contain a handful of our top recommended ingredients, there were still quite a few things missing in our opinion.
Here are the main ingredients we think that OxyShred should have included in their supplement:
• Cayenne Pepper
• Green Coffee Bean Extract
• Black Pepper Extract
It was a shame that there was no Cayenne Pepper in this supplement. Cayenne is one of our favorite ingredients and it was disappointing that it didn’t make the cut.
Green Coffee Bean is also a great ingredient because it’s rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid.
Remember to check out our guide to the best five supplements on the market right now by visiting the link below.
The main thing to be aware of when it comes to supplements like this is the over-use of stimulants.
Too much Caffeine can cause problems such as the jitters or energy crashes.
The problem here is that we don’t know the individual doses of the ingredients, including Caffeine, so it’s difficult to be able to tell if you’re likely to suffer problems from it.
Yohimbe is another ingredient which is known to cause some side effects in some people.
We always recommend that you carefully check the ingredients label yourself before taking any product for the first time.
It’s also always wise to speak to your doctor before thinking about trying any new supplement for the first time.
Each bottle of OxyShred contains 60 capsules.
The directions say that you should take one capsule in the morning and shouldn’t exceed two capsules in a 24-hour period.
Generally speaking, the best supplements have regular servings of at least three to four per day. That means that your body is going to regularly be handed the ingredients.
One capsule per day seems to be a little bit on the light side.
At the time of writing, we found 185 Oxyshred Reviews on Amazon.
It had an average rating of 4.3 out of five stars and seems to be well-received by customers.
That being said, there were also some one-star reviews, but that’s the case with most products that are available online.
Oxy Shred has a decent formula but the fact that the doses are hidden in a proprietary blend and there is only one serving per day means that we don’t recommend this product as one of the very best supplements.
You can see our updated guide to the five best supplements on the market right now by clicking on the link below.
As we mentioned at the start of this Oxyshred Review – there is no such thing as a magic pill that is going to do all of the hard work for you.
You should always make sure that your diet and training regime are both on point before considering trying a supplement.
That being said, if you’re already training hard and eating right, then adding a quality supplement can help to support you on your journey.
So, that wraps up our review of Oxy Shred. Overall, we think that this is an OK product featuring some pretty decent ingredients.
However, we can’t help but feel that it’s let down by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend, meaning that we don’t know the doses of the individual ingredients.
It’s also slightly disappointing that this product only has one serving per day, which in our opinion is not enough to make sure that your body is regularly being supplied with the ingredients.
See our pick of the best five supplements on the market right now by visiting our update guide below.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge