In case you’re wondering “SST” stands for “Super Suspension Thermogenic”, and Performix have a number of different products in their range to help you to burn more fat.
What makes Iridium SSTi slightly different is that it’s the most expensive product in their range.
Amongst other things, it promises to give you “explosive” energy while also helping to stimulate thermogenic fat burning at the same time.
But is this product really as good as it’s claimed to be?
The purpose of this review is to take a close look at all of the important points of this fat burner supplement to help you decide whether this is the right product for you, or if your money would be better spent elsewhere.
So let’s kick off our Performix Iridium review by examining the basic facts about this supplement.
Performix Iridium SSTi is a premium fat burner supplement that is definitely at the higher end of the price spectrum.
The RRP is $79.99 for 60 capsules, which actually makes it the most expensive fat burner we’ve ever come across.
So, have Performix made a product that is worth the extra cash? According to the official website, Iridium SSTi provides:
• “Ballistic” Body Energy
• Accelerated Fat Metabolism
• Nootropic Effect
That’s good to see. We always favour fat burners that work in multiple ways to help you lose more fat.
Getting your body to burn more fat is not an easy task, so you’ll definitely want to pick a product that works in multiple ways.
For example, the leading fat burner supplements on the market work by boosting energy, increasing thermogenic fat burning and suppressing appetite.
We were a little but surprised to see that Performix don’t make any mention of appetite suppressing in this supplement.
Generally, we like supplements that do offer some kind of appetite suppressant, because that will make sticking to your diet easier, even when you’re restricting calories to cut fat.
With all of that out of the way, let’s now take a close look at the ingredients used in Iridium SSTi to see what this product is really made of.
Let’s kick this all-important section off by taking a close look at the full list of ingredients used in Iridium SSTi.
The first slightly disappointing thing about this product is that it uses something called a proprietary blend.
In case you didn’t already know, this is when the manufacturer chooses to list a total ‘blend’ rather than the individual doses of the ingredients.
We really don’t like to see this in any kind of supplement, because it makes judging the effectiveness of the product really difficult.
We believe in full transparency with modern-day supplements, and we really don’t like to see products without the doses of the individual ingredients listed.
Anyway, let’s now focus on the main ingredients in Performix Iridium.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – The good news is that this is one of the best fat burner ingredients you’ll find. The better news is that it’s the only ingredient in the proprietary blend that Performix have disclosed the dosage of (200mg). Caffeine is a great energy booster and can also help to stimulate your metabolism.
• Ashwagandha – A herb frequently used in Ayurveda, the traditional herbal system in India. It’s known for its ability to lower stress levels by reducing the amount of Cortisol (the stress hormone) in your system. That’s cool, but it’s unlikely to have any direct effect on burning fat.
• Yohimbine – This is one of those fat burner ingredients that we’ve come across more often recently. We don’t recommend it as one of the top ingredients. It’s been shown to possibly help with weight loss, but can also cause side effects such as Anxiety and Increased Blood Pressure.
• Synephrine – This is essentially Bitter Orange Extract. It is believed to have fat burning properties. However, we don’t recommend it as one of the best fat burner ingredients because it’s been known to cause side effects when combined with Caffeine.
• Coleus forskohlii – This is another ingredient which has some links to fat loss, but again it is not one of our top recommended fat burner substances.
• Black Pepper Extract – A good inclusion for any supplement. Black Pepper Extract can help to boost the absorption of the other ingredients. And that means a more effective supplement.
• N Acetyl L Tyrosine – This is an acetylated derivative of the non-essential amino acid L-Tyrosine. It’s believed to be better absorbed by your body in this form. It’s used in the body to synthesise proteins but has also been linked to increased mental alertness.
• Theacrine – Another stimulant to add to the Caffeine to help you feel as energised as possible.
• Bacopa Monnieri – This is an ingredient which has presumably been included for the ‘Nootropic’ effect in Performix Iridium. It’s an extract from a herb which is thought to boost memory and learning.
• Huperzine A – An extract which derives from a plant called Chinese club moss. It’s been linked to increased mental performance. However, it’s unlikely to help with fat loss directly.
Although Performix Iridium SSTi does contain a few good ingredients, we can’t help but feel that the manufacturers have missed a trick by not including more proven fat burning substances.
For instance, it was disappointing to see that Performix have not chosen to use any Cayenne Pepper.
Cayenne is one of the most potent thermogenic ingredients around, and it also can work to suppress appetite, making it doubly as efficient.
It was also a shame to see that there was no Green Tea Extract in this supplement. Again, it’s a potent thermogenic packed full of antioxidants.
Other things missing were Glucomannan (for appetite suppressing) and Green Coffee Bean (as a thermogenic).
Remember to check out our updated guide to the best fat burner supplements on the market right now by visiting the page below.
You should always be wary of the Caffeine content in supplements like this.
Many products over-do it on the stimulants, and that can cause nasty side-effects such as the Jitters or Energy Crashes.
Performix Iridium SSTi uses 200mg of Caffeine per daily serving, which should be about OK.
The only other potential side effect we’ve noticed from the ingredients list is the possible interaction of Caffeine with Bitter Orange.
The directions are pretty straightforward.
They say that you should take one capsules in the morning on an empty stomach to assess tolerance when taking the product for the first time.
Once you’ve done that, they say that you can move up to a full serving of two capsules per day.
This is OK, but generally the best fat burners require multiple servings per day (3-4) to make sure that your body is regularly being supplied with the energy it needs to burn more fat.
We checked on Amazon and Performix Iridium SSTi had an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars from a total of 61 reviews.
One person said that they had been taking it for a month and that they much preferred it to the original SST as it will help with weight loss.
Someone else reported that it gave them energy and didn’t make them feel sick.
However, there were also some more negative reviews. One customer said that it made them very sick.
Someone else reported that it also made them feel sick every time they took it.
Not in our opinion. Performix Iridium SSTi has some decent and interesting ingredients, but it doesn’t use enough of the top rated fat burner ingredients for us to consider it to be one of the very best supplements on the market right now.
We were also disappointed to see that it uses a proprietary blend.
You can see our guide to the leading fat burners on the market by visising the link below.
It’s always important to remember that there is no such thing as a magic supplement to whip you into shape.
You should always first make sure that you’re training hard and eating right before trying any kind of weight loss supplement.
That being said, if you are already getting plenty of rest, exercising regularly and eating right, then a quality fat burner supplement can indeed make a big difference.
So, that concludes our Performix Iridium SSTi review. Overall, we think that this is an OK product, but it fails to live up to the promise of a supplement with such a high price tag.
It’s a shame that a lot of proven fat burning ingredients weren’t included, and that it uses a proprietary blend.
Overall, we think that there are some better (and cheaper) products on the market right now.
MORE: Performix SST v2X review
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga