Performix have one of the higher-priced range of fat burner supplements in their range, and SST Glow is their main offering targeted specifically at women.
The official website says that it’s been specifically designed for women who want to “look, feel, and be their best”.
Naturally, we were keen to take a closer look at this supplement to see if it lives up to the hype and ranks as one of the best fat burners for women on the market right now.
Our Performix SST Glow review focuses on the important things that you need to know about this supplement.
We’re going to take a detailed look at the ingredients, the servings and the customer reviews to determine whether this is a supplement worth buying, of if your money would be better spent elsewhere.
So what exactly has this supplement been designed to do? Performix say that they have put together a fat burning product for women, which also has other beneficial effects.
According to the official website, Performix SST Glow does the following
• Boosts Energy and Fat Metbabolism
• Enhances Mental Focus
• “Beautifies” Skin
It’s good to see that Performix have set out to make a supplement which works in more than just one way.
The best fat burner supplements work in multiple ways to help your body shed excess pounds.
That being said, we were a little bit surprised that Performix made no mention of using ingredients to help suppress appetite.
The best products in this category usually include an ingredient to help suppress appetite, which makes sticking to your diet a lot easier.
Let’s begin this section by looking at the actual ingredients list of Performix SST Glow, so we know exactly what’s in it.
As you can see for yourself, Performix SST Glow uses a number of different ingredients to help achieve its claims.
The disappointing thing we immediately noticed is that this product uses something called a proprietary blend. This is when the manufacturer includes most or all of the ingredients in an overall ‘blend’.
The problem here is that we don’t know the doses of the individual ingredients, which makes it very difficult to judge the effectiveness of the product.
Here are the main ingredients in SST Glow that you need to know about.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – A great fat burner ingredient. It’s one of the best energy boosting ingredients around. It can also help to suppress appetite and boost metabolism. This is also the only ingredient in the proprietary blend that we know the dose of – 170mg per serving.
• Sensoril – This is essentially a branded version of Ashwagandha, a herb that is used regularly in Ayurveda, the traditional herbal system in India. It’s thought that it can help to lower Cortisol levels in your body. Cortisol is a ‘stress hormone’ so you’re likely to feel more relaxed with less of it in your system. That being said, it’s unlikely to help with fat burning or weight loss.
• Bitter Orange – This has become a popular fat burning ingredient that we’ve seen in quite a lot of supplements recently. It has been linked to helping people lose weight, but we’re generally not fans of it because it’s been known to cause side effects when combined with Caffeine in the same supplement.
• Yohimbine – Again, this is another popular fat burner supplement, but not one we recommend because of the side effects it can cause.
• Black Pepper Extract – A good ingredient for any supplement. Black Pepper Extract has been shown to be able to boost the absorption of the other ingredients in supplements, which makes for a more effective product.
• Mucuna Pruriens Extract – A herb which, like Ashwagandha, has been shown to reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol It also contains levodopa (L-DOPA), which is a precursor to dopamine. It’s a decent ingredient but is unlikely to help directly with fat loss.
• Vitamin B12 – A good ingredient as it helps your body to be able to convert food into energy. Keeping your energy levels up even when you’re dieting is always a good thing.
There are a few other ingredients in SST Glow but the above are the main ones that you need to know about.
Aside from the disappointment of finding out that this product uses a proprietary blend, we were also disappointed to find some key natural fat burning ingredients not used in this product.
It was a shame that SST Glow doesn’t contain any Cayenne Pepper. It’s one of the best fat burner ingredients around and is one of the main ingredients in our top rated female fat burner Leanbean.
As we also mentioned at the top of this review, it was disappointing that SST Glow doesn’t use a specific ingredient to help with appetite suppressing.
Our recommended choice for the best natural appetite suppressant is a dietary fiber called Glucomannan, which swells in your stomach to help keep you feeling fuller for longer.
We were also surprised to find that SST Glow doesn’t use any Green Tea Extract, one of our favorite fat burning ingredients.
The overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine is usually the main culprit when it comes to side effects from fat burner supplements.
SST Glow uses 175mg of Caffeine per two-capsule daily serving, which is well within our recommended limit of 350mg per day.
However, there are a few things to be wary of with SST Glow. Firstly, we’ve already mentioned that Bitter Orange has been deemed to be possibly unsafe when combined with Caffeine.
We’re also not big fans of Yohimbine as an ingredient because it’s also been known to cause side effects.
Each bottle of SST Glow contains 60 capsules, which is a one-month supply.
The directions say that you should first assess your tolerance to the product by starting off with one capsule on an empty stomach upon waking.
The instructions then say that you can increase your dose to two capsules on an empty stomach each morning once you’re comfortable with the product.
The red flag when it comes to the doses is that the better products on the market require you to take them multiple times per day, thus regularly giving your body the fuel it needs to burn more fat.
The leading fat burners on the market tend to have servings of at least 3-4 times per day.
At the time of writing this article, SST Glow had an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
We found quite a lot of positive reviews, with one person saying that they loved it and had been taking it for years on and off.
Someone else said it gave them great energy, and that they noticed the difference when they didn’t take it.
However, there were also some negative reviews, with one person saying that it made them feel sick.
And someone else said that they had been taking the product for two weeks but did not notice any difference at all.
Not in our opinion. SST Glow has some decent ingredients, but it still falls quite a way short of the best products on the market because it uses a proprietary blend and is missing some of the better fat burning ingredients.
Remember that you can check out our updated guide to the best fat burners on the market right now by visiting the link below.
You should never expect to see miracle results from any fat burning supplement.
If the claims seem too good to be true, it means that they usually are.
If you’re looking to lose fat, the first things you should always do is make sure that your diet and training regime are on point.
Once you’ve got those two things sorted, then looking for a quality fat burner can boost your chances of success.
So, that wraps up our Performix SST Glow review.
Overall, we were a bit disappointed that this product uses a proprietary blend, meaning that we don’t know the doses of the individual ingredients.
It was also a shame that SST Glow doesn’t contain some of the best fat burning ingredients such as Cayenne Pepper and Glucomannan, especially considering that this is a premium-priced product.
The bottom line is that we feel that there are better options on the market right now.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Victor Moses
BIOGRAPHY: Luke Shaw