SST is Performix’s thermogenic supplement range which can be bought from a number of online outlets and stores.
It claims to help you on your quest for “greatness” and promises to power you towards “extraordinary achievement”, whatever that means.
The official tagline of this SST v2X is that it’s an “unrelenting energy, multi phase, super suspension thermogenic”. This all sounds very impressive but is this product really as good as the manufacturer says it is?
It’s the updated formula of one of the more popular supplements on the market, so we were keen to find out some more about it and see where this particular supplement stands in comparison to the competition out there.
The purpose of this review article is to give you all of the information you need to determine whether this product is the right one for you or if there are better options on the market right now.
Performix say that SST v2X has been designed to help support your goals.
The best products on the market have usually been formulated to work in multiple ways, which will increase your overall hopes of success.
The official website says that SST v2X will work in multiple ways to help support you on your journey.
This looks good to us.
Let’s now delve a little deeper by taking a close look at the ingredients formula used in SST v2X.
Let’s begin this section by looking at the actual product label so we know what’s in it.
Here are the main points about the main ingredients used in Performix SST v2X.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – A great ingredient for any supplement in this category. Caffeine is one of the most commonly used ingredients for a supplement like this. We were pleased to find it on the label.
• Theacrine – This is another stimulant ingredient. It’s structurally similar to Caffeine, which begs the question why Performix SST v2X needs to use two separate stimulant ingredients.
• Citrus Aurantium – This is another name for Bitter Orange. We’ve found it in lots of the supplements we’ve reviewed recently but we don’t rate it as one of the top ingredients. We are not huge fans of it as an ingredient, if we are being totally honest with your.
• Yohimbine – Another ingredient that we prefer not to see in this kind of supplements. It’s a chemical derived from the bark of the Pausinystalia yohimbe tree in Central Africa. We don’t like it particularly because it’s known to cause some potential side effects.
• Evodiamine – This is a chemical extracted from the Tetradium genus of plants. There have been studies which claim it could help with certain things. However, we have never seen this ingredient in a supplement before and it’s not on our list of the best substances.
• Bioperine – This is essentially branded Black Pepper Extract. It’s a great ingredient for any supplement and most of the top products use it in some form or another.
• Vitamin B12 – This is a crucial vitamin and a great inclusion. In case you didn’t know Vitamin B12 contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
Performix SST v2X also contains a proprietary blend called the ‘SST Oil Diffusion Carrier Matrix’. Looking at the ingredients, none of them are on our list of the best ingredients.
We also don’t recommend any products which use proprietary blends, because it makes it very difficult to judge effectiveness if we don’t know the individual doses of the ingredients used.
Although Performix SST v2X definitely does tick some boxes when it comes to supplying some good ingredients, it does fall short when compared to some of the leading products on the market.
Firstly, it was disappointing to discover that SST v2X doesn’t use any kind of Green Tea Extract. This is simply one of our favorite ingredients around and it also has a host of other health benefits.
It was also a shame that SST v2X doesn’t uses Cayenne Pepper. We love Cayenne and it’s usually added to the leading products in this category.
Among the other notable omissions from this product were things like Green Coffee Bean Extract, Chromium, Vitamin B6 and Glucomannan.
Glucomannan is a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant and usually makes it into the formula of the top products in this category.
We always recommend that you take a close look through the ingredients to make sure that you’re not allergic to any ingredients before taking any product for the first time.
The main issue to look out for in supplements like this is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine. SST v2X uses 300mg of Caffeine per two capsule serving.
This should be just about OK for a daily dose, but remember that it doesn’t include the Theacrine, which is another stimulant.
Too much Caffeine can cause side effects such as the jitters and energy crashes.
As mentioned above, there have also been suggestions that Bitter Orange could cause issues.
To be safe, we strongly recommend speaking to your doctor before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
Each bottle of Performix SST v2X contains 60 liquid capsules.
The directions say that you should take one serving of two capsules in the morning on an empty stomach. They also say that you should assess tolerance with one capsule a day at first.
This is a bit disappointing. Generally speaking, the best supplements require multiple doses per day to make sure that your body is constantly being supplied with the ingredients.
We usually look for supplements that have 3-4 servings per day, as they tend to be more effective.
There were 63 reviews of Performix SST v2X on Amazon at the time of writing this review. It had an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
One person said that they absolutely loved the product and that it gave them an amazing energy boost.
Another customer said that Performix SST v2X helped them on their journey.
However, there were inevitably some negative reviews as well.
One user simply said that they didn’t notice any changes at all and someone else said that it made them feel like their heart was racing all day.
Another customer said that they preferred the original version much more than v2X.
Not in our opinion. Although Performix SST v2X does contain a few decent ingredients, we don’t rate it as one of the very best supplements on the market right now.
It’s missing a lot of the top-rated ingredients and therefore we think that your money is better spent elsewhere.
As we always like to say when discussing any kind of supplements, there is no such thing as a ‘magic pill’ to help you lose weight and get your dream body.
You should always make sure that you’ve got your diet and training regime on point before trying any new supplements.
That being said, if you’re already training hard and eating right, then a quality supplement can help to support you on your journey.
That wraps up our Performix SST v2X review.
Overall, we think that this is an OK product, but it lets itself down because it doesn’t use some of the best ingredients such as Green Tea Extract or Cayenne Pepper.
The bottom line is that there are probably better supplements out there that will be more effective at helping you on your journey.
MORE: Vitamiss Block review
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge