SST is Performix’s thermogenic fat burner range which can be bought from a number of online outlets and stores.
It claims to help you on your quest for “greatness” and promises to power you towards “extraordinary achievement”, whatever that means.
The official tagline of this SST v2X is that it’s an “unrelenting energy, multi phase, super suspension thermogenic”. This all sounds very impressive but is this product really as good as the manufacturer says it is?
It’s the updated formula of one of the more popular fat burner supplements on the market, so we were keen to find out some more about it and see where this particular fat burner supplement stands in comparison to the competition out there.
The purpose of this review article is to give you all of the information you need to determine whether this product is the right one for you or if there are better options on the market right now.
Performix say that SST v2X has been designed to help you lose unwanted body fat in two ways, which is good news.
The best fat burners on the market work by helping you to lose weight in multiple ways, which will increase your overall hopes of success.
The official website says that SST v2X will:
• Support energy levels
• Promote mental focus
• Support fat metabolism
This looks good to us. The only slightly disappointing thing is that this product does not seem to have been designed to help to suppress appetite.
The leading fat burner supplements tend to include at least one appetite-suppressing ingredient, because this can make sticking to your diet much easier.
Let’s now delve a little deeper by taking a close look at the ingredients formula used in SST v2X.
Let’s begin this section by looking at the actual product label so we know what’s in it.
Here are the main points about the main ingredients used in Performix SST v2X.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – A great ingredient for any fat burner. Caffeine will help to raise energy levels and also has metabolism boosting effects. Anhydrous is also one of the purest forms of Caffeine around.
• Theacrine – This is another stimulant shown to be able to increase energy levels. It’s structurally similar to Caffeine, which begs the question why Performix SST v2X needs to use two separate stimulant ingredients.
• Citrus Aurantium – This is another name for Bitter Orange. We’ve found it in lots of the fat burners we’ve reviewed recently but we don’t rate it as one of the top ingredients. It’s also been known to cause some nasty effects when combined with Caffeine in the same supplement.
• Yohimbine – Another ingredient that we prefer not to see in fat burner supplements. It’s a chemical derived from the bark of the Pausinystalia yohimbe tree in Central Africa. We don’t like it particularly because it’s known to cause side effects such as increased Anxiety and Raised Blood Pressure.
• Evodiamine – This is a chemical extracted from the Tetradium genus of plants. There have been studies which showed it potentially could reduce fat absorption from food in mice. However, we have never seen this ingredient in a fat burner before and it’s not on our list of the best substances.
• Bioperine – This is essentially branded Black Pepper Extract. It’s a great ingredient for any supplement because it’s been shown to increase the absorption of the other ingredients used. The bottom line? A more effective supplement.
• Vitamin B12 – This is a crucial vitamin for helping your body to maintain healthy energy levels. It’s always good to see it in a fat burner supplement.
Performix SST v2X also contains a proprietary blend called the ‘SST Oil Diffusion Carrier Matrix’. Looking at the ingredients, none of them are on our list of the best fat burner ingredients.
We also don’t recommend any products which use proprietary blends, because it makes it very difficult to judge effectiveness if we don’t know the individual doses of the ingredients used.
Although Performix SST v2X definitely does tick some boxes when it comes to supplying some good fat burning ingredients, it does fall short when compared to some of the leading products on the market.
Firstly, it was disappointing to discover that SST v2X doesn’t use any kind of Green Tea Extract. This is simply one of the best thermogenic fat burning ingredients around and it also has a host of other health benefits.
It was also a shame that SST v2X doesn’t uses Cayenne Pepper. We love Cayenne because it’s a potent thermogenic ingredient which also doubles up as a good appetite suppressant.
Among the other notable omissions from this product were things like Green Coffee Bean Extract, Chromium, Vitamin B6 and Glucomannan.
Glucomannan is one of the best natural appetite suppressing ingredients. We’ve already mentioned that it’s a shame that SST v2X doesn’t appear to have been specifically formulated to help suppress appetite and make sticking to your diet easier.
We always recommend that you take a close look through the ingredients to make sure that you’re not allergic to any ingredients before taking any product for the first time.
The main issue to look out for in fat burners is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine. SST v2X uses 300mg of Caffeine per two capsule serving.
This should be just about OK for a daily dose, but remember that it doesn’t include the Theacrine, which is another stimulant.
Too much Caffeine can cause side effects such as the jitters and energy crashes.
As mentioned above, there have also been suggestions that mixing Bitter Orange with Caffeine can cause problems in some people.
Each bottle of Performix SST v2X contains 60 liquid capsules.
The directions say that you should take one serving of two capsules in the morning on an empty stomach. They also say that you should assess tolerance with one capsule a day at first.
This is a bit disappointing. Generally speaking, the best fat burners require multiple doses per day to make sure that your body is constantly being supplied with the fuel it needs to burn more fat.
We usually look for fat burners that have 3-4 servings per day, as they tend to be more effective.
There were 63 reviews of Performix SST v2X on Amazon at the time of writing this review. It had an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
One person said that they absolutely loved the product and that it gave them an amazing energy boost.
Another customer said that Performix SST v2X helped them to lose 12 pounds.
However, there were inevitably some negative reviews as well.
One user simply said that they didn’t notice any changes at all and someone else said that it made them feel like their heart was racing all day.
Another customer said that they preferred the original version much more than v2X.
Not in our opinion. Although Performix SST v2X does contain a few decent ingredients, we don’t rate it as one of the very best fat burners on the market right now.
It’s missing a lot of the top-rated fat burner ingredients and therefore we think that your money is better spent elsewhere.
As we always like to say when discussing any kind of fat burning supplements, there is no such thing as a ‘magic pill’ to help you lose weight and get your dream body.
You should always make sure that you’ve got your diet and training regime on point before trying any new supplements.
That being said, if you’re already training hard and eating right, then a quality fat burner supplement can indeed make a big difference to your results.
That wraps up our Performix SST v2X review.
Overall, we think that this is an OK product, but it lets itself down because it doesn’t use some of the best ingredients such as Green Tea Extract or Cayenne Pepper.
The bottom line is that there are probably better supplements out there that will be more effective at helping you to burn more fat.
MORE: Vitamiss Block review
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga