In this review article, we’re going to give you the lowdown on Phoenix by Legion Athletics, we’ll study the label and let you know whether this fat burner lives up to the hype.
More specifically we’ll look at the ingredients, their doses and whether they work, and we’ll also give you feedback on some of the customer reviews for this product.
It won’t surprise you to know that Phoenix fits into the broad category of supplements generally known as ‘fat burners’.
These supplements are designed to help improve your body’s ability to convert fat into a source of energy.
They work by using natural ingredients to speed up your metabolism, allowing you to burn more calories at rest.
They can also help to reduce appetite and cravings, making it easier for you to keep your sugar intake under control.
Improved energy and hormonal health are a couple of other key factors that a good fat burner will take into account.
We’re going to take a look at Phoenix and see how many of the above boxes are checked when it comes to fat burning.
To learn more about fat burners and see our pick of the best male and female formulas available, click the link below.
We’ve reviewed the label and taken a good look at the ingredients in Phoenix to see how it compares to some of the best fat burners out on the market.
On first inspection, we found quite a few substances that we wouldn’t usually associate with a top fat burner.
And whilst there’s definitely some good ingredients in this product we have to say there’s definitely a few of the best ones missing too in our opinion.
Let’s break down what we found:
• Green Tea Extract – The active ingredient here is ‘Epigallocatechin gallate’ or EGCG for short. It’s an antioxidant that helps you burn calories by increasing your body temperature. Some studies have also shown it to have an impact on appetite as well, making it a good choice if you’re looking to control your diet. We rate Green Tea as one of most effective all round weight loss aids – there really is no denying this superfood’s potency when it comes to burning fat. It was great to see that Phoenix includes one of the most crucial active ingredients; EGCG.
• Citrus Aurantium – Also known as Bitter Orange, we’ve seen this ingredient in quite a few fat burners recently. It’s become more popular due to its supposed effect on metabolic rate and digestion. You’ll want restrict your Caffeine intake when taking this though as some side effects have been reported when the two are used together. And whilst you may well see some benefits using this ingredient, we still think there’s better choices out there.
• Forskolin – Not an ingredient we’d typically associate with a top fat burner. One study has linked it to a change in body composition in men although we found a long list of people who were advised not to take this ingredient for health reasons. This included diabetics and pregnant Women. Whilst this herb is likely safe for most people to take we think there’s more proven fat burning options available.
• L-Tyrosine – L-Tyrosine is an amino acid which is said to be involved in the brain’s production of Dopamine. It’s been used for weight loss due to its effects on metabolism, it has also been linked to appetite suppression. It’s thought to be most effective, however, when paired with Caffeine or a stimulant of some kind.
It’s clear from our research that there are quite a lot of ingredients missing from Phoenix’s formulation, in our opinion.
One of the most notable omissions was Cayenne Pepper – this hot spice is one of the most effective metabolism boosters out there and given that this product doesn’t include Caffeine we really feel this should have been on the label.
It was also a shame not to see a natural fibre like Glucomannan included in this product. This plant extract swells in your stomach, and we rate it very highly when it comes to suppressing your appetite and keeping your cravings in check.
On top of this, there were also a few other important ingredients missing such as Black Pepper Extract, Vitamin B, and Green Coffee Bean extract. All of these play a key role when it comes to fat burning.
Are there any side effects?
Generally, these kind of supplements are pretty safe to use but checking the label for any ingredients you might be allergic to is always worth doing.
Phoenix doesn’t include Caffeine, although the makers do suggest you take the product alongside this stimulant in order to get the best results.
You might want to bear in mind that some people have reported problems when using Caffeine with Bitter Orange.
Each bottle of Phoenix includes 150 capsules. The recommended dose is to take three capsules with breakfast and two with a later meal.
If you stick to the suggested dose of 5 capsules per day, then one bottle will last you a month.
The makers of this product actively encourage you to take it alongside Caffeine in order to get the best results. We found this little strange and thought it rather defeated the object of it being a stimulant-free fat burner.
We did some research to find out what customers have been saying about this product online. We came across lots of reviews of Phoenix on Amazon and other websites.
Some feedback was positive, with one customer remarking that they were impressed with how much fat they’d lost from their midsection, and another declaring they’d had excellent results.
Another user commended the ‘great product and service’.
There were a few negative comments though, one purchaser said the product didn’t work despite them having worked out and eaten healthily, another said they’d actually put on weight whilst using it.
No, we don’t think so. Although Phoenix does contain some good ingredients, we think this formula lacks some of the most effective fat burning compounds out there.
We recently selected our best 5 fat burners on sale right now, including the best products currently available for both men and women. Click the link below to check out our list.
As you’ll no doubt already be aware, there’s no magic cure out there for weight loss.
If you want to change your body quickly you’ll need to put some gym work in and give your body the correct nutrition too.
However, if speed really is of the essence, then combining these things with a proven fat burner can be a very effective way of accelerating your progress.
So, is Phoenix by Legion Athletics a fat burner you should try? Here is our view:
• Well known brand
• Stimulant free option
• Missing some key fat burning substances
• Needs to be taken with caffeine to get best results
• Bitter Orange can cause issues when taken with caffeine
So, that brings us to an end of our review of Phoenix by Legion Athletics. We hope this article was of use to you.
We think Phoenix is a decent fat burner, however there are definitely a few things that could have been done better when it comes to the formula.
This means that Phoenix doesn’t quite make it onto the list of our favourite fat burners for men and women.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga