The manufacturers say that they’ve created a pre workout supplement to deliver “unreal” results to help you get the very best out of your workouts.
It contains a number of natural ingredients to make sure that you’re on point during your sessions.
But is Pre Jym all it’s cracked up do be? What are the ingredients really like and how does it fare when compared to the competition?
This review article will answer all of those questions for you, as we take a thorough look at this product to see where it ranks compared to some of the top pre workout supplements on sale these days.
So, let’s get cracking and start taking a close look this product in our Pre Jym review.
As you’ve no doubt already worked out, Pre Jym is the main pre workout supplement offered by manufacturer Jym Supplement Science.
The company was founded Dr. Jim Stoppani, and we’ve already reviewed the Shred Jym fat burner supplement recently.
Like most pre workouts, Pre Jym contains a number of ingredients designed to boost energy, stamina and focus, to make sure that you’re getting the very most out of that all-important time in the gym.
But, is this a pre workout supplement you should consider taken, and more importantly, does it make our pick of the best pre workouts on sale right now?
Let’s kick things off by taking a close look at the ingredients.
There are some pretty good ingredients in Pre Jym, and we like the fact that the manufacturers have been completely transparent and listed the exact substances and doses on the label.
Let’s take a look at the top ingredients:
• Caffeine Anhydrous – This is one of our top rated pre workout ingredients and one of the first things we look for on the label in supplements in this category. Caffeine is great at increasing energy levels and also boosting focus and stamina. The only thing we are wary of is that Pre Jym seems to contain quite a lot more than our recommended dose of 150mg per serving. Pre Jym contains double that with 300mg per serving.
• Creatine – Another one of our top ingredients. You know Creatine for all of its post workout and recovery benefits, but we actually like to see it in pre workouts because it’s been shown to increase hydration and reduce fatigue. Pre Jym contains 2g per serving, which is a decent amount.
• Citrulline Malate – This is another great ingredient and we were pleased to see it included in Pre Jym. Taken before a workout, it can boost your nitric oxide levels, leading to dilated blood vessels and amazing muscle pumps.
• Beta Alanine – We’ve found this ingredient in a lot of the pre workouts we’ve tried in recent months. It seems to be a popular choice. However, we’re not too sure about it and we haven’t included it in our pick of the top pre workout ingredients.
• Black Pepper Extract – Although this won’t actually make any different to your workout itself, we are big fans of black pepper extract, because it can help your body to absorb the other ingredients in the supplement. In short, it helps to make sure that you’re getting the very best out of all of the other ingredients in Pre Jym.
There are quite a few other ingredients in Pre Jym, some we like, some we’re not so sure about. Check out the list in full, along with the individual doses below:
Although there are quite a few good ingredients in Pre Jym, we noticed that some of our top rated pre workout ingredients were missing.
Firstly, there was no Coconut water powder include. Why is this important? Well, it’s been shown to play a key role in hydration and is also packed full of nutrients. It’s one of our favorite pre workout ingredients.
Another key thing that was missing in our opinion was Rhodiola Rosea. This herb can help to boost the ‘mental side’ of your gym game, to keep you feeling focused on point in the gym. It’s one of the main ingredients of our top recommended pre workout supplements.
Nowadays, most widely available fitness supplements are pretty safe.
That being said, we always recommend that you take a close look at the ingredients list to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the substances.
The main thing to look out for in supplements of this category is that they don’t contain too much caffeine. We’ve found that a lot of the pre workouts we’ve tried recently tend to overdo it on the stimulants.
Generally, we recommend that your pre workout supplement doesn’t contain more than 150mg of caffeine.
That should be more than enough to boost your energy levels without leading to any unwanted side effects such as the jitters or energy crashes later in the day.
Pre Jym contains 300mg of caffeine per serving, which is way too much in our opinion.
On it’s own, you may be OK, but most people are also consuming caffeine from other sources, such as coffee and tea, not to mention other types of supplements such as fat burners.
Overdoing it on the stimulants is only going to put an unnecessary strain on your body.
Obviously, if you tend to hit the gym in the evenings, we don’t recommend this supplement, as the caffeine will likely mess up your sleep cycles.
Each tub of Pre Jym contains either 20 or 30 servings.
It currently comes in a number of different flavors, including Cherry Limeade, Orange Mango and Raspberry Lemonade.
The directions say that you should mix one scoop of Pre Jym into a glass of water and take it 30-45 minutes before starting your training session.
We always recommend that you experiment to see how long it takes to ‘kick in’ for you, as we’ve found that it can vary quite a lot from person to person.
We found a lot of reviews of Pre Jym on bodybuilding.com at the time of writing this article.
One user said that it was amazing the first few times they tried it, but claimed that the effects wore off for them after around 20 servings, which disappointed them.
Someone else said that they loved the different flavors and said they mixed really well with water.
Another customer said it was a great product, although they did not recommend any of the new flavors and said to stick to the ‘originals’.
Not in our opinion. Although it does contain a good blend of ingredients, there were a few things missing in our opinion.
It also is too heavy on the stimulant content in our opinion.
We recently updated our ultimate pre workout guide, check it out by hitting the link below.
As we always say when discussing fitness supplements of any type, don’t expect them to do the hard work for you.
You should always make sure that you’ve got your training regime and nutrition plan on point before considering any kind of supplement.
That being said, if taken correctly, a good pre workout can help you get the absolute best out of your sessions in the gym.
So there we are, our review of the Pre Jym pre workout supplement.
Here are our overall thoughts in summary:
• Some good ingredients on the list
• Decent reviews
• Too many stimulants
• Some flavors not well reviewed
So that wraps up our review. We hope you found it useful. Remember to check out our full pick of the best pre workouts on sale at the moment by hitting the link below.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga