Pre Lab Pro Pre Workout Review
We take a close look at the Pre Lab Pro pre workout supplement made by Opti-Nutra to see where it stands
Pre Lab Pro is a vegan-friendly pre workout supplement, made by a company called Opti-Nutra, which is designed to support your training and fitness goals.
Product website: www.prelabpro.com
Pre workouts are one of the most popular forms of fitness supplements out there, and they can be a great way to help you step your game up in the gym and during your training sessions.
Pre Lab Pro is a powder-form supplement that contains a range of ingredients including vitamins, minerals and amino acids to help support you through your workouts.
The purpose of this review is for us to take a detailed look at the Pre Lab Pro pre workout from all angles.
We’re going to be paying close attention to the important facts about this supplement, namely the ingredients and their dosages, the directions and the price.
Editor's note: The content on this website is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. Our articles and the products featured in them are not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. Always speak with a certified medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle, diet, exercise routine, and/or taking any supplements.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s begin taking a closer look at Pre Lab Pro to see where it stands.
Jump To Section
Pre Lab Pro – The Basics
Pre Lab Pro is a pre workout supplement made by the UK-based company Opti-Nutra.
Opti-Nutra have been around for a few years now and they are the manufacturers behind the popular Performance Lab range of supplements, as well as the nootropic Mind Lab Pro.
Pre Lab Pro is the latest addition to Opti-Nutra’s growing range of cleanly-formulated, vegan-friendly supplements.
You probably already know this, but pre workout supplements are products that usually contain a range of ingredients such as vitamins, minerals, amino acids and stimulants, and which are designed to be taken before periods of exercise.
Like most of the best pre workout supplements on the market, Pre Lab Pro comes in a powder form that is designed to be mixed with water into a drink and consumed before training.
Of course, it’s always important to remember that supplements such as pre workouts are not intended to replace a varied, balanced and healthy diet. However, they can help to support your intake of certain important nutrients such as vitamins and minerals.
Pre Lab Pro comes in a tub which has a net weight of 260g. Each scoop is 13g, meaning that each tub contains 20 servings if you stick to the recommended amount.
The supplement is currently only available in one flavour, called ‘Natural Berry’, and comes with plastic scoop so that you can accurately measure out each serving.
The official Pre Lab Pro website describes the supplement as the “next-gen pre-workout formula”. It also says that this supplement will help you to “shatter your limits”.
So, it all sounds pretty good so far, but how does this supplement really stack up? Let’s take a closer look at the actual ingredients formula to see what is included in each serving.
Let’s begin this part by looking at the actual ingredients label of Pre Lab Pro, which was shown on the official website at the time of writing.
The supplement does not use a proprietary blend. This means that the precise ingredients and their doses are transparently disclosed on the label, so you’ll know exactly what is contained in each scoop.
Pre Lab Pro is also totally vegan friendly, which is not the case for many other of the pre workout supplements out there.
Let’s now look at some of the main ingredients in the Pre Lab Pro formula.
Editor's note: The health claims about the ingredients mentioned in this article are listed as authorised on the EU Register at the time of publishing.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – These are two important B Vitamins which are often found in pre workouts. Both B6 and B12 help to support the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, as well as normal energy release, so you can see why they’ve been included here.
• Potassium – Potassium is an important mineral that plays a number of roles in the body. For example, Potassium contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system and normal muscle function.
• Vitamin D – Sometimes referred to as ‘the sunshine vitamin’, our bodies make Vitamin D naturally when our skin is exposed to direct sunlight containing UVB rays. Vitamin D helps to support normal muscle function, amongst other things.
• Iron – Another important mineral, Iron contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue amongst other things.
• Natural Caffeine (80mg per serving) – You probably already know all about Caffeine and its effects. It’s one of the most popular stimulants on the planet. Pre Lab Pro contains ‘Natural Caffeine’ from Coffea Robusta seeds. The dosing is sensible at 80mg per serving. To put this dose into context, you’d expect to find around 100mg of Caffeine in a regular cup of coffee.
• L-Theanine – This is an amino acid which is found in tea leaves. L-Theanine works well when combined with Caffeine in the same supplement, and that’s why it’s been included in Pre Lab Pro.
• L-Tyrosine – This is another amino acid ingredient. L-Tyrosine is a common inclusion in many of the leading pre workout supplements on the market, and Pre Lab Pro contains 400mg per serving.
• L-Citrulline and L-Glutathione Blend – These are two other popular inclusions in pre workouts. L-Citrulline is an amino acid that’s found in watermelons, while L-Glutathione is formed by linking of three amino acids: Glutamin Acid, Cysteine and Glycerine.
• Red Beet Powder – Pre Lab Pro also contains a 1500mg dose of RedNite Red Beet Powder. Many of the top pre workouts use some form of beetroot extract in their formula, and Pre Lab Pro is no exception.
Pre Lab Pro uses Dextrose, Monk Fruit Extract and Stevia amongst its ingredients to sweeten and enhance the taste.
We took one scoop of the pink Pre Lab Pro powder and mixed it into a glass of water as directed.
The powder dissolved pretty easily with just a few stirs. There were some lumps of powder in the glass, but these will probably not be a problem if you’re using a traditional protein shake shaker bottle.
The water immediately turned a dark pink colour. The taste was fruity and sweet, and pretty nice to drink.
It dose have a little bit of a ‘synthetic’ aftertaste, but this is the case with most of the pre workouts we’ve tried and tested over the years.
All in all, the taste is pretty good.
How To Take It
Each tub of Pre Lab Pro contains 20 servings of 13g.
The directions suggest that you should take one scoop 30 minutes before starting your training session.
There is a warning on the label saying not to take more than two scoops in any 24-hour period.
As always, it’s best to speak to your doctor before taking any new supplement or making any major lifestyle changes.
There are a number of warnings on the label, and you should carefully read through them all before taking Pre Lab Pro.
The label says that you should not take this supplement if you are pregnant, nursing or under the age of 18. It also says that you should consult with your doctor before taking this or any supplement if you have or suspect a medical condition or are taking any medication.
The warnings also say that if you suffer any adverse reactions from taking the supplement, you should discontinue use immediately and contact your doctor.
If you are already consuming Caffeine from other sources, it’s worth keeping note of your total intake to make sure that you don’t overdo it.
Each serving of Pre Lab Pro contains around the same amount of Caffeine you’d expect to find in a regular cup of coffee.
Pre Lab Pro Reviews
As this is a relatively new product, there is not much in the way of Pre Lab Pro reviews to view online.
We’ll come back and update this section as they begin to filter through.
Pre Lab Pro carries something of a premium price tag, so it may not fit into everyone’s budget.
One tub currently costs $59 / £39 / €49 but you can save some money on the price per tub if you’re willing to buy more than one at a time from the official website.
At the moment, you can only buy Pre Lab Pro directly from the manufacturer on the official website. This means that you won’t find Pre Lab Pro on Amazon or at other online shops.
Pros and Cons
Let’s now weigh up some of the pros and cons of Pre Lab Pro.
• Contains a good blend of vitamins and minerals
• Uses popular amino acids such as L-Tyrosine and L-Theanine
• Contains a sensible dose of Caffeine (80mg per scoop)
• Vegan friendly
• Premium price tag
• Only 20 servings per tub
• You can only buy it from the official website at the moment
Anything Else To Consider?
Just remember that food supplements are not intended to replace healthy diet and lifestyle.
If you’re looking to see results on your health and fitness journey, you should make sure that you’re sticking to a good diet and sensible exercise plan before thinking about adding any supplements to your regimen.
Conclusion – Our Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Pre Lab Pro review.
We’ve walked you through all of the main things you need to bear in mind about this pre workout supplement.
We’ve examined the ingredients formula in detail to see what’s included in each serving, and have also focused on some of the basic facts such as the price and dosages.
Overall, we think that Pre Lab Pro is a great option if you’re looking for a vegan friendly pre workout supplement which uses a range of popular ingredients to support you through your training.
It contains a range of the top ingredients you’d expect to find in a good pre workout supplement, and it features a clean and clear formula.
The only slight drawbacks are the premium price tag and the fact that you can only buy it directly on the official website at the moment.